Premier League Gameweek 8

Jota's main priority in every game involvement is 'How can I manufacture a foul from this?'.

He wasn't in front of the keeper and wasn't anywhere near the line of the ball. Go back and look at the replay from the front middle. Silva is about 2 yards to the left of the keeper

Yeah, after having been pushed aside while the ball is in flight. The keeper has been distracted.

Didn't the same type of situation yesterday end in upgrading the yellow to a red after VAR check?

He is not offside in that situation though so it's nonsensical to talk about interfering. You might as well blow the whistle everytime a player gets near an opponent anywhere.

I mean long before active and inactive and different phases of play this would be offside. We've overcomplicated the rules of football and this is the exact sort of thing that causes disagreements. He's beyond the last defender and close enough to the goalie even without the prior contact to be causing a distraction. I get wanting more goals to be allowed but this just feels fundamentally unfair on goalkeepers.

I could too, but compared to that (and what is going on during corners every game) what Silva did with the gaolkeeper is really mild. But if you argue it's a foul, at least that's logical to want the goal disallowed. Most posters here don't argue it is a foul, they just conflate it with the interfering thing.

The way I'd put it is his interference is before the header. However, the impact of his interference is still affecting Sa after the header. He was never fully set or focused because of it. It feels like a loophole in the rules because the referees aren't considering the way it affects Sa making a save.

Score a few today and all is forgiven, Jadon.

You fecking cnut.

Sancho looks like he has more pace and acceleration than at United...

Maresca’s got Chelsea playing decent stuff at Anfield after a couple months. Think it’s been 9 years since we’ve done the same.

Maresca shot Chelsea playing decent stuff at Anfield after a couple months. Think it’s been 9 years since we’ve done the same.
We've never played well there. I can remember maybe one game in the last 20+ tears where we dominated them and that was the infamous LVG masterclass at Juanfield.

PS. See Silva back into goalie. I don’t know if Twitter post is correct (and they didn’t show it to ref) but that ISN’T a player standing his ground, that’s a player who backs into the goalie … probably as Foden puts his arm up to say corner coming.

Yes. If you think that is a foul, that's something to argue about.
But the standard practice of PL refereeing seems to me to not regard this as a foul, and it is let happen all the time. And doing this kind of thing is an integral part of the attacking corner routines of most teams. So in this context the goal was rightly given, another thing is to argue that the standard practice is too lenient.

Probably would have been a soft pen. If that’s Salah though it’s a penalty all day.

Was a foul on sancho... Don't get in the box at Anfield though... Liverpool look bang average so far. Must have had easy fixtures?

Maresca’s got Chelsea playing decent stuff at Anfield after a couple months. Think it’s been 9 years since we’ve done the same.

Come on, at least wait until the game is over. Were twenty minutes in to a nothing game so far, where chelsea have yet to have a shot. Why invite that type of annoyance into your life? We've lots to complain about, but this 20 minutes from chelsea is a low bar.