Premier League Gameweek 8

Cnuts.. to be fair, Sa had a clear view when the corner was delivered anyways so would have been very harsh to be ruled out.

Only shown the 1 view on the VAR replay ???

The other view looked way worse

Why was that even sent to VAR?

The VAR obviously bottled making the decision themselves. Correct decision

Silva actually made sure he wasn’t obstructing the view by ducking out the way to be fair, not sure why it was recommended.

Did they show the supposed foul on wolves player that led to the corner sequence?, that seemed more contentious.

If they'd showed that angle - where Bernardo deliberately backed into Sa right as the corner was coming in, causing him to be a second slower reacting to the eventual header - it might have been ruled out. At least there'd have been a case for it.

But they showed a totally different angle and moment weirdly.

I know everyone’s gonna talk about it being given but like, weren’t both the goals extremely saveable

Wasted two hours of my life I will never get back.

Gary O'Neill going to be fuming twice here, that decision (which is correct tbh), but then the foul that wasn't given before the initial corner in that set of 4-5 corners.

Correct. Wolves were effed by that non-call which was clearly a foul.

Correct decision. At first I thought VAR were only going to show the one angle from the side of the pitch, but common sense prevailed.

If they'd showed that angle - where Bernardo deliberately backed into Sa right as the corner was coming in, causing him to be a second slower reacting to the eventual header - it might have been ruled out. At least there'd have been a case for it.

Yeah but when he did that he was not offside, Stones hadn't connected with the ball yet. Otherwise, it would have definitely been offside.

That part is irrelevant, it's only from the header onwards that matters.

When the corner was taken the attacking player leaned into the keeper who gave him a shove and then he moved out of the way by the time the ball was in flight.

What a terrible decision. Sa has to push Silva out of the way while the ball is in the air. Yet again VAR didn't show the whole incident to the ref. He has clearly distracted the goalie while the ball is coming in and therefore interfering.

How can the VAR not figure this out on its own? Of course it's not offside :lol:

That part is irrelevant, it's only from the header onwards that matters.

Thats ridiculous. Once the ball is delivered from the corner you cant be blocking the goalie potentially coming out to get the ball. He's interfered with the goalies focus.

Good call
Na. He bumps into him, throwing off his footing completely. He has to back up, then the ball comes in. Terrible call
Silva actually made sure he wasn’t obstructing the view by ducking out the way to be fair, not sure why it was recommended.

Did they show the supposed foul on wolves player that led to the corner sequence?, that seemed more contentious.
It was the bump that was the issue
Just raises different question about ability of refs… why VAR ask him to check when don’t for things like Bruno red.

When they ask ref to check changes from game to game.
They don’t review second yellows

I might be misunderstanding the rules but Silva wasn’t offside when he did the barge because he was behind the ball when the corner was taken? He’s still a rat

Also why weren’t any of the Wolves defenders protecting him

Tbh Wolves should be aggrieved at the decision which led to the goal.

I was going to say...they actually bothered to have a late counter and seemed Man. City player got the ball from coming from behind. Would've been a free kick and at least a chance to waste another minute. Considering he was giving Man. City free kicks for just falling over under minimal brushes all second half it looked very harsh.

Wasn't a good idea to then just give away endless corners though. Even if you keep Haaland and co quiet one of their CBs is very likely to come up with a later winner from a set piece.

I think it's Bernardo leaning into the keeper that blocks him coming out and imbalances the keeper that is more of an offence than the questioned offside.

Will this be the last thing city get away with this season?

Actually, when thinking about it. Bernardo did delay Jose Sa’s reaction to make a save. It’s a very grey area this one.