Premier League Gameweek 7

Carragher was desperate for a penalty for the team he supports

That is a clear penalty for me, not given because Calvert-Lewin kicked (Burn’s) leg is the equivalent of pulling out of a junction and complaining the other car is at fault because they hit you.

So Chris Kavanagh gives a red (that gets overturned) for Bruno, gets rewarded for that shitshow by being named as the VAR for the Everton vs Newcastle game. And then he misses that?

I don't see how it's a pen. Burn isn't under any obligation to not be where Calvert Lewin wants to swing his leg.

I think it is always hard with those type of penalties to assess who's space it is, the attackers or the defenders.

Guimaraes has looked like a CL player playing in a Championship game.

I wish Pickford would just feck off and never be shown on TV again. Absolutely little gremlin who wants to be centre of attention constantly.

Alright then, what's the most Everton thing that could happen now? Last minute Gordon winner with him running around celebrating like he's won 10 World Cups?

I know we are down to the bare bones at the back but this is really shite. I hate the way Dyche sets us up sometimes. Just tragic.

Martin Tyler on my stream wanking himself silly over this Brexit football with proper gravy. :annoyed:

It’s there year to go down. Been brewing for a couple of years now. Only there’s always been slightly worse teams than them. The 3 newly promoted ones

Not for me. Everton still comfortably better than the 3 promoted teams and Wolves too. Get their injuries sorted and they pull away from that lot. 16th place at worse.

Watching teams play from the back like that makes me jealous.
Nah. Southampton, Ipswich and Leicester are going down.

Wolves might join the mix, but Everton are comfortably better than these four.

On target

CP 5
Liv 4
Shots on target is a spurious statistic that doesn’t indicate the value of a chance. xG is far more informative.

xG: Crystal Palace 0.71 v 1.5 Liverpool

Liverpool also had 68% possession.

The idea that Palace deserved anything is a stretch. They’re blunt.

I think it is always hard with those type of penalties to assess who's space it is, the attackers or the defenders.
Yeah, and often if it's in the grey area, then it's not a foul either way.

Don't think that was a penalty - the ball was in both players' space.