Premier League Gameweek 7

Joselu did everything in his power to mess that goal up. Delayed, slowed down, delayed, hesitated, delayed until Matip finally decided to settle it :D

Regardless, Matip and Lovren will turn into Baresi and Maldini on the 14th before regressing back to garbage the following game.

Such a frustrating half at times. We don’t seem as fluid in our attacking play this season. Possibly the toll of European football plus Klopp’s style of football.

Stop coutinho from shooting, half the battle is won.

With all the talking about Klopp playing great attacking football, they're 100% dependent on individual skills of Coutinho and Mane while the attacking system itself is terrible.

I am wondering what deep rooted grudge made Klopp sell Sakho. That was a hammer blow for them. Surely when even Aurier was let off lightly by PSG for his antics, a little indiscipline by Sakho wouldn't have caused that bust-up?

I mean, even Koeman has swallowed his ego and is playing Niasse. Not saying Sakho is world class, but he's a level above their current crop.

A good performance undone by absolutely inexplicable defending. The story of nearly every game we've played so far this season.

With all the talking about Klopp playing great attacking football, they're 100% dependent on individual skills of Coutinho and Mane while the attacking system itself is terrible.
They mainly score screamers. It’s unsustainable really.

Agreed. For all the gushing over their attacking play, they're basically reliant on Coutinho and Mane. They're a two man team, those two players just happen to be very good. They got a terrible keeper, a terrible defence, a bang average midfield (excluding Coutinho if you consider him a midfielder) and then those two players i just mentioned.

Feel like Shelvey's probably sickened that inch perfect pass got absolutely butchered in :lol:

We've been better than expected. Defensively as compact as a Rafa team composed of this lot could be. Forwards don't offer very much. Ritchie, Merino, Yedlin, Shelvey and Atsu have been quality so far.

Would agree with this, yeah. Obviously the quality at the top is outstanding. But some of the other teams are woeful. Not their fault really, the inequality when it comes to the finances is stark.

I dunno, you see swansea sell their best player every season for 4 / 5 seasons and their position and team just isn't surprising. They look utterly mediocre and I dont see how they can blame finances.
Southampton are going the same way and being held up by a good youth academy.
Everton will probably bounce back but their team looks a bit all over the place atm.
Palace should be better but their mentality and confidence looked worryingly bad if you were a supporter.
Stoke and West Ham are mid table plodders who'll turn it on every so often.

Like the best of the rest is probably West Brom or Watford atm, which is just really poor from the rest of the league imo.
I'd be kind of gutted to finish below West Brom who are just the most unambitious team i've seen in a long time.

Would agree with this, yeah. Obviously the quality at the top is outstanding. But some of the other teams are woeful. Not their fault really, the inequality when it comes to the finances is stark.
:confused:

The bottom half PL teams get shitloads of money from the new TV deal. Especially when you compare it to clubs from the other top European leagues.

Feel like Shelvey's probably sickened that inch perfect pass got absolutely butchered in :lol:

We've been better than expected. Defensively as compact as a Rafa team composed of this lot could be. Forwards don't offer very much. Ritchie, Merino, Yedlin, Shelvey and Atsu have been quality so far.
Not even gonna the assist stat for it.

It's reliant on key players and we don't have the depth to compensate even when one is missing.

:confused:

The bottom half PL teams get shitloads of money from the new TV deal. Especially when you compare it to clubs from the other top European leagues.

Yeah, and the top clubs are getting even more. Not sure what's so hard to grasp about that. And i'm not talking about the bottom teams in the premier league and comparing them with other teams around Europe. I'm comparing them to the teams at the top of this league.

I can't say I do. But I openly criticised our transfer policy.

Do you think Klopp genuinely thought no defender other than VVD could improve you?

Or was the money not available for a centre back and Klopp was making excuses for the owners being thrifty? Like I suspect fergie did for a good few years under the Glazers.

Agreed. For all the gushing over their attacking play, they're basically reliant on Coutinho and Mane. They're a two man team, those two players just happen to be very good. They got a terrible keeper, a terrible defence, a bang average midfield (excluding Coutinho if you consider him a midfielder) and then those two players i just mentioned.
No spine plus he built on what he had rather than ripping it up and starting again. Only time will tell if it was worth it.
I just long for balance. His BVB title winning sides were awesome.

Have Liverpool been more wasteful in the last month than we were at times last season?

They've missed some ridiculous chances recently.