Premier League Gameweek 5

Repeating myself a bit but they used to cry about Stoke City...

Absolutely this. The way they’d bitch and moan when anyone dared to do anything other than try and play football against them the way they think football should be played was ridiculous.

Lego Pep at the wheel. Hold on to your seat.

71mL1NPQGsL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

Arsenal looks sooooo comfortable. Wonder what the second half xg is for City. Other than that early Haaland header there’s nothing.

“The difference for Arsenal between being top of the league or 5 points behind” it’s fecking September. Swear I’m going crazy when I hear commentators and pundits nowadays. Arsenal have been top in April recently and still ended up a load of points off the top.

Ideally City to score the equalizer in the 9th minute of added time. Would be deflating result for both teams.

Repeating myself a bit but they used to cry about Stoke City...
No, they used to moan that Stoke didn't even pretend to play football, they just had a team of rugby esque goons who smashed it long and relied on Wimbledon bully boy tactics in the box.

You can't compare that to having someone strong in the air on set pieces as one of many options. Especially for a team who are one of the most aesthetically pleasing on the ball.

This has been seriously comfortable for Arsenal - City haven’t created anything second half!

No they haven't created anything. But it hasn't been comfortable at all, they are fecked and rarely for them, look knackered. Colossal effort to hold shape.

If your plan is to take potshots from 25 yards, wouldn't it be an idea to put somebody in that area who can actually hit one, rather than relying on Ruben Dias's left foot?
This is the one time you'd ideally want Haaland outside the box. Let him take the potshots if that really is your best hope, or at least maybe create space for someone else if a defender commits.

Dias is like when you don’t defend the one with a shite shot in basketball