Premier League Gameweek 36-37

The parallels between Ole and Arteta are clear for everyone to see. What goes through the heads of the people who run these clubs?

Ffs. We really need to beat Palace now.

Think Arsenal have gone personally so you can get something at Emirates if you time waste to the max like at Anfield.

I'd also say you should be pretty encouraged by how Newcastle played so Burnley will struggle to beat them on final day.

No chance, no manager is turning Dalot and Telles into footballers.

Would he have got a better tune out of Rashford and Sancho, though?

He's a counter attacking manager and our players are more suited to that. We saw how devastating we were under Ole.

Eddie Howe has done very well. Kind of expected the result the way Newcastle have picking up points.

I don't care which of these NL clubs make it but it be the most hilarious day if Norwich some how do that and and Arsenal still fumble the bag. Kind of like Leicester on final day last season.
Everton will get atleast a point. Arsenal are done

Arsenal's OGS even got a new contract. Lovely.

While Arsenal have wobbled have to give credit to Conte and Spurs.

7w 2d 1l in their last 10 games to get the job done since they lost to United. 23 points from 10 games, if they can manage that over a season that's 87 points.

Always with the digs at Ole
Why do you care? I guess I don't really need to ask when you were one of his biggest supporters when it was clear to see he was out of depth, a bit like Arteta here.

Anyway two digs in quick succession is hardly a pattern, it's literally the same situation going on at Arsenal as at United just last season. Underwhelming manager given a brand new contract for doing feck all while the majority of the braindead fans eat it up.

100%

It was a baffling decision then and it's emphatically proven to be the wrong decision now.

fecking Woodie

I will never understand why they were so scared to sack Ole after the Liverpool game.

While Arsenal have wobbled have to give credit to Conte and Spurs.

7w 2d 1l in their last 10 games to get the job done since they lost to United. 23 points from 10 games, if they can manage that over a season that's 87 points.
No chance Spurs would get anyway near 87 points. After a run like that they'd "do a spurs" and win 1 of their next 10.
They are the best of a very very poor bunch below the top 3.

100%

It was a baffling decision then and it's emphatically proven to be the wrong decision now.

fecking Woodie
Just because Arsenal screwed up a 9 point advantage is now making Conte look good. The football his teams play is still not what we should be aiming for here at Utd.

The parallels between Ole and Arteta are clear for everyone to see. What goes through the heads of the people who run these clubs?
Ole delivered top 4, twice. He also beat city 2 or 3 times, knocked Liverpool out of the FA Cup and got that famous result against PSG.

Ole delivered top 4, twice. He also beat city 2 or 3 times, knocked Liverpool out of the FA Cup and got that famous result against PSG.
Getting top 4 was good but resulted in two embarrassing CL campaigns, and Arsenal actually won the FA Cup under Arteta so I'd call it even. The other achievements ultimately mean feck all.

Getting top 4 was good but resulted in two embarrassing CL campaigns, and Arsenal actually won the FA Cup under Arteta so I'd call it even. The other achievements ultimately mean feck all.
It’s not even. Ole’s league campaign last year would have been Arsenal’s 7th best season in PL history.

No chance Spurs would get anyway near 87 points. After a run like that they'd "do a spurs" and win 1 of their next 10.
They are the best of a very very poor bunch below the top 3.

Of course they've had a nice run of fixtures but despite dropping a couple of clangers before this, they've beaten City twice, drawn with Liverpool twice. If they can consistently put the weaker sides to bed they'll be comfortably top 4 next season unless ETH is the second coming. Its looking like they will have less trouble with weaker teams, they've scored 3+ goals 14 times under Conte already.

While they won't maintain 87 point form, I expect them to come in well over 75 given this season has been a mess and they are likely to get 71. All provided they keep Conte of course.

Of course they've had a nice run of fixtures but despite dropping a couple of clangers before this, they've beaten City twice, drawn with Liverpool twice. If they can consistently put the weaker sides to bed they'll be comfortably top 4 next season unless ETH is the second coming. Its looking like they will have less trouble with weaker teams, they've scored 3+ goals 14 times under Conte already.

While they won't maintain 87 point form, I expect them to come in well over 75 given this season has been a mess and they are likely to get 71. All provided they keep Conte of course.

You are right. Spurs before Conte had minus 9 goal difference. They have +24 now.

I’m genuinely surprised Arteta lasted the season tbh, especially after that ropey start. Hopefully the same again for them next season where they fanny about over sacking him, have a purple patch causing them to forget how shit he actually is and bottle another season as a result.

Oh, Ole deserved to go for sure and as for the FA cup, fair enough as he actually won something. I don’t think they mean f all but my point was more that Arteta hasn’t got a result against either that I can recall which is very poor in itself.

Arsenals aim/expectation was never to get 4th tbh, rather a top 4 finish. So maybe the ole comparisons would have flattered him slightly at the start of the season. Either way, he’s not the man to take them to where they want to be in my opinion and they’re drawing out his appointment too long. That’s probably where the comparisons are most justified.