Premier League Gameweek 30+31

It's normally instant, isn't it?

The fact we haven't seen it in over 5 minutes is pretty telling in itself.

True. At the same time they can't just hide it! Unless Borris Johnson is deputising the assistant refs here.

First game back and something as ridiculous as that happens :lol:. Why hasn’t VAR told the referee it’s gone in? How are these guys paid as elite referees?

That could cost Sheffield United a Champions League place.

Eau19yeXkAMDZQw

Unbelievable. This is a scandal. Where's the goal line technology ?

How is that possible to not rule that as a goal? Disgrace. My grandma could see it was a goal, and she is old. Good referees pl has there watching the cameras. Jeez.

I dunno why but this clarification really made me laugh :lol:

I'm unsure, I don't think it's directly on the post no, I think it starts slightly behind or at least has a thickness to it that makes it appear that way.

Were talking millimeters clearly! I find it hard to believe the technology just hasn't worked.. When has that ever happened on ball line technology? We've had it for years! That's why I'm waiting for the proper angles.

The mad thing is we normally get instant replay angles from hawkeye. So there is absolutely something wrong.

I thought they scrapped VAR to save time on the pitch. Is it still on?
Thought the changes were that, water breaks and 5 subs..

How does the goal line technology work?

Could the issue have something to do with line of sight? Nyland's arm was blocking the view from some angles.

Maybe Nyland had bionic arms that are covering the sensors?

What a joke of people. Clearly the goal line technology wasn't on. Normally the technology showed the replay but it didn't.

Good game so far all things considered. Must say, I am mildly impressed with the artificial crowd noises, none of it seemed out of place and if I weren't noticing the empty stadium, radio for example, could possibly not tell the difference.

Regarding the game, clear goal and no idea how the tech didn't pick up on this? Must say though, I am relieved, need a Villa win here but whoever is upfront for them just seems a lump of muscle and not showing much else. Grealish been the star man for me. Everything good going forward for Vila begins with him. Mcginn (?) also impressive, covering the ground well and made some nice tackles.

Yeah that other angle they showed - it's a clear goal. He was a fair bit away from the post in fact!

Goal line tech is pretty flawless. It seems maybe the refs haven't set it up properly. I wouldnt be surprised if he didn't turn the watch on.

Normally they have access to the 3d replays straight away. And they haven't shown any

If the ref/refs team hasnt set it up properly then they really do deserve instant demotion.

If its tech issue then that shouldnt be happening either.

Also Redknapp describing a cross as "spiteful". Wtf?

Still fighting the good fight I see. Your persistence is admirable but the horse has bolted.
Well, this half isn't exacty promoting Premier League. They can't say they didn't know about concequence by starting it so soon. Nothing is working. Absolutly nothing.

The success of the EPL is based on the fan participation. Empty stadiums, crap technology, politicial protests and average teams will kill the golden goose.

What are the chances that both Hawk Eye and VAR were working, but Michael Oliver forgot to charge his earphone and watch :lol:

Not gonna lie, I’ve missed ridiculous old school refereeing errors.

The modern style ridiculous errors just aren’t the same.

Is that the first time goal technology has failed?
It is. A coincidence that it’s happened in the first game of the restart? Questions will be asked as to whether the Premier League have rushed into bringing the games back without all the necessities in place.

What’s even more staggering is the fact we now have VAR too. In this day and age and at this level clear goal not being given is a complete robbery.

Have some sportsmanship and let us score now :cool:. I’m fuming at that, AND it could have been overruled by var what’s happened there.