Premier League Gameweek 30+31

Eau19yeXkAMDZQw

First change for Villa is to get Davis off, he’s not cutting it at all up front.

Unsure. The line starts behind the post and they aren't showing any angles yet. With that in mind it's entirely possible that the whole ball wasn't behind the line.

This isn't var.

Let's see, I'm sure they will show a ball like technology video at half time.

The line starts on the post surely? It looks like that in pics.

Did someone forget to change the batteries in Hawkeye after the 3 month break?! :wenger:

I thought that goal line tech was rock solid.

Goal line technology doesn’t work if you hide the ball behind the post?

If you have the ball against the post, with just a fraction of the ball against the post (it's the only angle we have), it's not 100% behind the line.

The commentator is being premature in suggesting otherwise, let's wait for the hawk eye view.

40 minutes is all it took to have a reminder of the PL incompetence. It really is the best league in the world :lol:

Comical. This is what you get when you hurry up games and not even technology is ready. Absolutly dissaster for Premier League looking at this half.

But hey… it is all about the Money.

Great to have football back .And to remind us how dull some games can be.

If you have the ball against the post, with just a fraction of the ball against the post (it's the only angle we have), it's not 100% behind the line.

The commentator is being premature in suggesting otherwise, let's wait for the hawk eye view.

It's normally instant, isn't it?

The fact we haven't seen it in over 5 minutes is pretty telling in itself.

How does the goal line technology work?

Could the issue have something to do with line of sight? Nyland's arm was blocking the view from some angles.

I had a feeling sanitising the posts and ball would cause chaos with the goal line technology. Seems like it's been proven here. Project restart? More like project false start. Absolute calamity.

Why the hell has VAR not intervened? Null and void crew unite.

The chaos if the goal could be awarded at half time via VAR :lol:

Seriously though so many eyes on this game and it takes all of one half of football for a monumental stuff up.

Embarrassing from the FA. Linesman, ref with his watch, var in use and they don’t give that.

The line starts on the post surely? It looks like that in pics.

I'm unsure, I don't think it's directly on the post no, I think it starts slightly behind or at least has a thickness to it that makes it appear that way.

Were talking millimeters clearly! I find it hard to believe the technology just hasn't worked.. When has that ever happened on ball line technology? We've had it for years! That's why I'm waiting for the proper angles.

Comical. This is what you get when you hurry up games and not even technology is ready. Absolutly dissaster for Premier League looking at this half.

But hey… it is all about the Money.

Still fighting the good fight I see. Your persistence is admirable but the horse has bolted.

It was miles in, his arm was between the ball and the post as he was standing in the side netting.

The only thing I can think is that he kept the ball against the post and the system couldn't recognize it as over the line because of this. Possibly a gap in the system.

They could have easily used VAR for that goal

Tinfoil hat is on, they don’t want us in the top 6 :nervous: