Premier League Gameweek 24

Had real optimism they could be troubled IF they draw today,alas they had huge stroke of luck and momentum all with them again

There is ages to go! We just need to be within 7pts of the lead with 6/7 games left and I’m happy!

Had real optimism they could be troubled IF they draw today,alas they had huge stroke of luck and momentum all with them again
Yeah but we're still in a good position, being in a talk about the title is just a bonus.

Yeah but we're still in a good position, being in a talk about the title is just a bonus.

Will feel better once Arsenal finally lose this game in hand advantage over us,we needed these 3 fixtures to be tougher too

Moment of madness but it's great for us.

EDIT: looking at it again I think he tried to head it, instead of going with his feet, and then when he fecked up he just grabbed it out of instinct.
Yep. Good they lost and even better they lost their number 1, how the hell did Liverpool not score again after that. Also Nunez first touch was just hilarious

You lot looked thoroughly decent. Leeds didn't manage a shot on target.

I think having an actual football manager keeps you up pretty comfortably.

Yeah, I think Dyche keeps us up with our home form probably.

What a ridiculous day. Trippier and Pope's dual worst day ever for us. Then we seemed to come a bit more alive being a man down. Just a strange, disappointing game all around.

Also highlighted our very obvious dependence on Bruno to keep the midfield going. And even Willock to a lesser extent. Oh well. Bring on the final.

Can someone explain the red card in this situation?

We’ve all seen outfield players go down and handle the ball in a similar manner and yet they were given a yellow, not a red.

Was the red card issued then for denying a clear goal scoring opportunity?

Liverpool are going to get Champs League aren’t they? And we’ll never hear the end of it….

Can someone explain the red card in this situation?

We’ve all seen outfield players go down and handle the ball in a similar manner and yet they were given a yellow, not a red.

Was the red card issued then for denying a clear goal scoring opportunity?
Yes, denying goalscoring opportunity. Even if it was far out, the fact that the keeper wasn't in goal made it an obvious goalscoring opportunity even if it was far out.

Watching the highlights, I was surprised by the number of chances Newcastle had with 10 men down. How did Liverpool play?

Watching the highlights, I was surprised by the number of chances Newcastle had with 10 men down. How did Liverpool play?

Started well but mainly because Newcastle had a really shaky start. Weirdly enough after Newcastle went down to 10 men they really entered the game and were the better team from then, it focused them.

Happy we’ve won but we’ve looked so lethargic even against 10 men. If we can get wins in our next two against Palace and Wolves then maybe we’ll look ok going into the United game, but I don’t think we’ve turned a corner yet.
Usually a promising sign picking up points despite not playing well. Potentially 3 points off Newcastle in 4th if you win your game in hand so definitely in it.

Nailed on that Karius gets MOM against us after pulling off worldies and probably saving pen(s)

Moment of madness but it's great for us.

EDIT: looking at it again I think he tried to head it, instead of going with his feet, and then when he fecked up he just grabbed it out of instinct.
Oh yes, especially since there will be Lord Karius in goal instead of him, right?

I'd just love to see Newcastle get a bit of confidence after tonight and finish with silverware next week*. :angel:

*Since it's now ok to support oil clubs as long as you're local. I'm a Geordie local now, wahyayyy! :wenger:
Aren't you 60-odd? Why do you post like an attention-seeking teen?

Aren't you 60-odd? Why do you post like an attention-seeking teen?

As much as I'm thought of as a cnut on here, my message is pretty clear. I won't repeat it. There is no moral high ground you can take on this. None whatsoever.

I had no idea Fulham were so high up the table. That's great to see

As much as I'm thought of as a cnut on here, my message is pretty clear. I won't repeat it. There is no moral high ground you can take on this. None whatsoever.

You're right. You are thought of as a cnut here.

Time to go out and do things around the house. Rashford is united.

Another Faes masterclass it is then

David Luiz lite without the good parts. How is this guy playing in the PL...

I’ll never understand commentators never giving context to poor performances after EL games. It’s as if every match is self contained
United started sloppy and got better as the game went on. Leicester should have scored then since it’ll be harder in the second half when these EL teams come out of their haze