Premier League Gameweek 23

Great weekend for us. Now we need to go out tomorrow and get revenge against Leeds. Don't let them have a good start and suffocate them from the beginning. We really need to take advantage this time and cement 3rd place for now.

Need a win to make up for it. 4 points from the two games isn’t terrible

I feel the same way

Not allowed to be positive! Get out.
Take your positive attitude and get the hell out of here.

That's now how it works on the Caf!

:lol: I’ll see myself out , but first..

Not really. We were at home . Tomorrow is a must win. Would have been okay with a loss or win had we won on Wednesday.

Not quite sure about your logic here. Let me see if I follow:

If we win tomorrow and gain 4 points from 2 games… for you that is worse than winning Wednesday and losing tomorrow even though thats only 3 points from 2 games?

I feel the same way

:lol: I’ll see myself out , but first..

Not quite sure about your logic here. Let me see if I follow:

If we win tomorrow and gain 4 points from 2 games… for you that is worse than winning Wednesday and losing tomorrow even though thats only 3 points from 2 games?
Wish the games are just black and white like that but there is more to it than a mere 3+1 logic.
The points we dropped was at home against a relegation fodder. We were expected to win comfortably. All the teams who drew or lost today played away.

Tomorrow we are playing an away match. Against our rivals (on par with Liverpool). The probability of a win is less.

What? How do you forget?
Well I know cos we have incompetent refs but this has got to be a misleading headline right?
They only looked at the player further offside to see if he interfered with play. They didn’t bother checking the player who set up the goal that was also offside.

I think it’s about time we give up on VAR. It could be the smartest technology in the World but if it’s required to be operated by the same people that would miss the incidents in real time during a game then it’s always going to be fallible. It was so much better watching a game with real life mistakes than it is for us to wait for inept officials to also miss with the use of replays.

I think it’s about time we give up on VAR. It could be the smartest technology in the World but if it’s required to be operated by the same people that would miss the incidents in real time during a game then it’s always going to be fallible. It was so much better watching a game with real life mistakes than it is for us to wait for inept officials to also miss with the use of replays.
I’d rather go back to blaming one inept ref than an entire room of them elsewhere. Sadly now the rabbits out of the hat I can’t see how it goes back in. I’m disappointed by just how awful the standard of officiating is in this country. VAR would stand more of a chance if the people operating it had more of a clue what they were doing.

I think we should stick with it to be honest. The thought of offside calls being judged in a split second by the linesman seem bonkers to me now. I get the frustration, but to me, scrapping something that's currently probably 95% accurate in favour of going back to something much less reliable, doesn't make any sense. Instead, just invest to make the technology more fool-proof.

I thought it worked well in the WC. Seemed like the offside decisions were fully AI controlled, and there weren't any big delays that I can recall.

On the other hand, I'm not sure yet what use VAR has for the subjective calls. Like in some instances, it's a light touch approach and leg breaker tackles like Fabinho in the FA Cup aren't punished. But then you have VAR freeze-framing on Casemiro and misrepresenting the situation. It's the double standard that drives me nuts.

Like the Soucek handball yesterday is another one. I'm convinced that wasn't given because of the rule they brought in that players using their arms to cushion a fall can't be deemed as an "unnatural position". But Soucek basically saved the ball... Then some braindead official has applied the rules to the "letter of the law".

Its a new addition to the game. The lapses are inexcusable no doubt but the more its used the more experienced the refs will get on how to deal with edge cases and protocols established to minimise simple human errors.

I’m sure a couple of years down the line these pesky and ridiculous mistakes will be ironed out and the process optimised.

It’s unfortunate that they are sort of testing this in such high stakes scenarios though. A better approach would have been to run pilot programs in the lower leagues perhaps for a few years and then deploy it to the PL.

Leeds are all over united today but there is no doubt united will score on the counter if Leeds don’t take advantage of play. I can’t remember united fouling this much this early on almost every Leeds attack. It’s just a matter of time till the counter though.

His name, his face, his ability, i hate everything about Bamford. Such a poor player. Please score

Thats a really nice goal. Thought United were 2nd best most the 2nd half but thats really well worked.
Offside by a toe? Has to stand surely.

Good press and nice finish, I like when players go near post and the keeper is expecting far post. Kun used to do it all the time.

My fault. I tuned in just before Rashford scored.

Man. United not done much but moments game really and Rashford is providing so many currently. Top cross yet again from Shaw.

Is Rutter any good? Seems to press o.k but then not have much of a clue what to do when in final third. Huge game for them away to Everton next, can't afford to lose that.

That was a classic Fergie win right there when SAF ruled the Premier League like no other...

Pressure on City now to keep us from second.
Probably won’t stay there but it is a Ten Hag milestone we though we wouldnt see so soon

How many goals was Rashford on before the World Cup? This run of form is arguably the best form of his career.

How many goals was Rashford on before the World Cup? This run of form is arguably the best form of his career.

I think it was something like 4 pre-world cup and 7 post world cup. He's bang on form. Happy for him cause he took a lot of shit.

3 very important points for United with the way results have gone this weekend. Daresay looking very good for top 4 now. Ability to control a game is a shambles without Casemiro although I think we sort of knew that :lol:
I don't think it's even arguable, easily the best run of form in his career.

Good game but quality told in the end. Thought Leeds were shading the 2nd half but United blew them away last 15 minutes or so. Carved them open with ease. After 75 minutes I thought a draw would be fair, after 90 I thought 2-0 flattered Leeds.

Nothing arguable about it, I'm pretty sure he's now matched his highest scoring season in something like 10 fewer games.

3 at the back for City? Mahrez and Grealish as wingbacks? Maybe Rodri CB and Laporte LB?

If Dyche does Liverpool tomorrow, Leeds will be into the relegation zone. What a weekend of results that would be :drool:

Just need City to lose to make it a great weekend results wise