Premier League Gameweek 23

Turned to a great set of results. Villa will lose to city so meh but we just gotta beat Leeds

This should be a great wkd for us. Need to make some changes to the last game against Leeds but we have a great chance to make up ground and further solidify our top 4 position.

Well if we don't cruise into top-4 - we will only have ourselves to blame because all our competitors seem to have gone off the rails at the same time

Newcastle really are pretty average with pockets of quality.

Joelinton, Longstaff, Willock wouldn't look out of place in the current Everton side. Their defence is decent but I wonder how much of a base it is to build on and challenge at the very top.

Getting top four this season would be a bigger achievement than anything post Ferguson. Nobody on earth would have predicted that in August, when there were genuine posts of "as long as we dont get battered" before games.

Well if we don't cruise into top-4 - we will only have ourselves to blame because all our competitors seem to have gone off the rails at the same time

All the top teams are a bit flat. Including us. Almost as though parachuting a World Cup into the middle of an already stupid schedule (with Manchester United double punished by the whole queen nonsense) is taking its toll on the clubs who had the most players participating.

This has been true for as long as I can remember. Everyone will start playing the we don't want top four game now leaving the door open for Pool to charge in.

Those fecking Palace, Arsenal and Leeds games! :mad:

If only the owner had a tiny bit ambition to win the League, and pushed a little bit to get good striker.

But their heads are already somewhere else, trying to secure a 3.5 billion profit.

1-1. Newcastle drawing :eek:
They’ve drawn more than they’ve won. This form isn’t a surprise. I predicted this before they even kicked a ball. They’re not good enough to be in the top 4 and will likely fall out before the end of the season. Contrary to what the media will have you believe. Being difficult to beat and being good are not the same thing and they only remain in 4th because of the stuttering form of those below them. I reckon by the end of the season they’ll have drawn about 16 games and that’s simply not good enough.

Southampton on 15 points after 22 games, seems like they'll get relegated after 11 years in the Prem which is a shame but you can't lose a game where you have 1-0 lead and play 11vs10 for 70 minutes. That's terrible and I don't see them surviving. They certainly did help us or Newcastle to win a trophy beating City, they're still in Fa Cup as well but league form is just not good enough.

That aggro has been made into art selling at ebay. People are pretty quick these days.

All the top teams are a bit flat. Including us. Almost as though parachuting a World Cup into the middle of an already stupid schedule (with Manchester United double punished by the whole queen nonsense) is taking its toll on the clubs who had the most players participating.

Maybe that is the reason - but Leicester had just as many as Liverpool and more than Newcastle. They are doing fine at the moment. In my opinion, it's more a case of quite a few teams up there simply aren't that good. Spurs is not a good side, Newcastle in fairness have been punching well above their weight and Chelsea and Liverpool are awful. And they were awful even before the world cup