Premier League Fixtures 16th - 23rd

I know Brendan Rodgers can be a bit of a clown sometimes and he's so arrogant.

But he's a really good manager I think. his teams always play nice football too.

I know Brendan Rodgers can be a bit of a clown sometimes and he's so arrogant.

But he's a really good manager I think. his teams always play nice football too.

First prize tit, but it's undeniable at this point. Even if his teams tend to fade away, I'd blame that more on squad depth more than his own failings.

Never really rated him, he had that purple patch but just always felt it was temporary with him.

He will be somewhere like Newcastle or West Brom in a year or so.
He's shit but someone will pay £40m for him. Meanwhile we'll struggle to get a fee for Lingard.

@Dancfc to be fair to Lampard it doesn't look like he's lost the dressing room the way it was blindingly obvious Scolari lost it.

So there's still the chance to recover.

Frank has the wrong midfield shape again which doesn't bode well against Leicester who have a 10 and an 8 who like hanging around the box. So it's Kovacic against Maddison plus covering so much space himself in front of the Chelsea backline. Mount can play well with two additional central mids, but not if he's asked to play alongside just one like tonight.

First prize tit, but it's undeniable at this point. Even if his teams tend to fade away, I'd blame that more on squad depth more than his own failings.

Yeah that's a good point.

He can never be Utd manager because of his Liverpool stint but I really think he'd be doing much better jobs than Arteta or Lampard are currently doing.

Never really rated him, he had that purple patch but just always felt it was temporary with him.

He will be somewhere like Newcastle or West Brom in a year or so.
True. His purple patch fooled me too. Very average otherwise.

@Dancfc to be fair to Lampard it doesn't look like he's lost the dressing room the way it was blindingly obvious Scolari lost it.

So there's still the chance to recover.
I don't think the issue is that (or was with Scolari, I mean he did lose the dressing room but that wasn't the main problem). The issue with Big Phil is as soon as Rafa shown the world that if you pinned back Ash and Bosingwa and pressed Mikel to death he had no counter response.

Similar now, managers have realised James/Chilwell attacking thrust and/or hoping Ziyech/Pulisic/CHO come up with some magic (like the latter did vs Fulham) is pretty much our approach and there's no plan B.

He could win them the league with a few signings, honestly believe that. Especially if the period of ridiculous seasons by City and Liverpool is over.
Yeah I’d agree, give him a couple of years at any of the bigger clubs and he goes close with them all.

Remember when salty Celtic fans said Rodgers was daft for leaving for Leicester lolzy.

I don't think the issue is that (or was with Scolari, I mean he did lose the dressing room but that wasn't the main problem). The issue with Big Phil is as soon as Rafa shown the world that if you pinned back Ash and Bosingwa and pressed Mikel to death he had no counter response.

Similar now, managers have realised James/Chilwell attacking thrust and/or hoping Ziyech/Pulisic/CHO come up with some magic (like the latter did vs Fulham) is pretty much our approach and there's no plan B.

Ah right fair enough.

Yeah that's a good point.

He can never be Utd manager because of his Liverpool stint but I really think he'd be doing much better jobs than Arteta or Lampard are currently doing.
I doubt United fans would care, we never had the level of hatred with him we did with someone like Benitez, not that I want him or anything.

James Justin looks a steal at £6m. FFS, and here we have Wan-Bissaka at £50m. Just goes to show there's value in the market.

Leicester play proper football. Rodgers is a bit of a meme but you can't knock him. His teams usually know how to play.

James Justin looks a steal at £6m. FFS, and here we have Wan-Bissaka at £50m. Just goes to show there's value in the market.
Leicester is challenging for last few years purely due to their smart transfers. Same with Liverpool.