Premier League Festive Season

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Am I alone in thinking that Kovacic goal was a little flukey? Don't get me wrong, it was a great goal but with people talking about it as an all-time great goal, I thought he looked very unbalanced and not quite in control when he kicked.

He's a brilliant midfielder, though, very underrated. What a game this is.
You cant fluke them, you have to get technique right, power, accuracy. He is backpedalling too.

Sleigh

Supports
Leicester City
Awful defending from Van Dijk on the second goal.
One season wonder :boring:

Joking aside, he isn’t the same player since Pickford had him. He’s not head and shoulders above every other centre back in world football.

AFCON is really going to expose Liverpool, as they’ll struggle for goals I think.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Yes there is a huge chance you'll give away a penalty. But the ref didn't give it. The linesman didn't give it. VAR had to go into slow motion and give it.
And in much the same way, if you kick through a player to get the ball, there's a huge chance you'll give away a penalty. Again, the ref didn't give it. The linesman didn't give it. But VAR didn't do shit.

So as I said - both clear pens. Or at least, both cases need consistency with the ref to go over to the monitor. VAR is meant to be consistent, the same ref has to go and make the final call. They cant decide one is clear and obvious and one wasn't. They were both obvious as feck.
as I said, the way VAR is being used is a different argument. The technology is excellent, but it's being used by clowns with stupid rules. Of course the ref should go to the monitor and the phrase "clear and obvious mistake" is just stupid. Other it's right or it's wrong

lysglimt

Scout
The goal from Kovacic was the goal of the season - they dont get much harder than that. Wonderful technique to get it on target. And Mane should have been sent off in the 1 minute

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Really entertaining game so far. May the goals continue to flow in the second half, and Liverpool end up scoring one less than Chelsea.
Agree ----- Feck Liverpool! :lol:

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
You that bothered about the fight for 2nd?
Put it this way if we win I would have more confidence about us winning the league than you getting top four. That’s how much better the top three are than the teams 4-7. This is top level. Sorry.

Smacky The Frog

Pulisic has been putrid outside of the goal. Can't make a simple pass or take a simple touch. Chalobah not much better.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Put it this way if we win I would have more confidence about us winning the league than you getting top four. That’s how much better the top three are than the teams 4-7. This is top level. Sorry.
The defending in this game is shite. Its a fun game, not a great one quality wise.

Other than Salah who is a freak.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Need to win today or you’ll be three matches without a win and your best players going to AFCON, the teams behind you will catch you if you can’t start winning again.

PoTMS

Alonso is one selfish cnut. Can see why he doesn't get a look in under Tuchel.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Kante playing so well now good thing I didn’t slag him off first half on here as I was going to

Deery

Dreary
Kante is bossing the show again, really is a big game player if there ever was one..

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Interesting and quite telling that both City and Liverpool have led in 17 of their league games this season, but City have 17 wins whereas Liverpool have 12.