Premier League Festive Season

thepolice123

That Kovacic goal is one of the all-time great PL goals. He's walking backwards as he hits it, spectacular technique.
Insane technique. It was coming down fast and he had to do the karate front kick volley. Easily the best goal of the season for me.

roonster09

FA Cup Predictions 2023/2024 winner
Scout
When first half is this good, second half usually ends up boring. Hopefully it won't be the case.

What a first half.

Salah is actually best in the world (right now) his control spin turn control through his legs for the first chance that was saved ruled off side was amazing, his control for his run, control, and shot for the goal was also amazing. One of those players they need to replay him on slow motion so people realise what he’s actually done, but then people see it in slow motion and forget the actual speed he did it.

Premier League at its best.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
It's not a red card. It's a yellow. Not every elbow is a red card. He doesn't swing the elbow, he leads with it and I think actually it's the lower arm that catches Azpilicueta.

Pundits are clowns, if it were a red, Souness would be moaning about the 'modern game'.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Salah and Mane paper over so many cracks for Liverpool. The AFCON will expose them.
Mane hadn’t scored or assisted in 9 games before today. Salah will be a miss. Jota needs to stay fit.

I think they only miss two or three games now though.

Topgun1

Lewandowski lover
Supports
Arsenal
Both teams have lost all semblance of match control. They’re lucky it’s against another big name side or this headless play would be talked about more
It's because they're so evenly matched at the technical level and putting so much pressure on each other, that the game essentially descended into a lawless back and forth. The fact that the pitch isn't huge as well is a factor. There isn't a huge amount of space to work with so they had to scrap for every yard. It was honestly glorious to watch.

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich
Our midfield is dreadful unless Thiago and Fabinho play together. That Kovacic goal was ridiculous. Such good technique when he’s moving backwards as well.
How did Thiago do for you in the last few months? I read he finally came good but couldn't watch it live unfortunately.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
That as just too silly. I’m thinking about hiding behind the efn couch to watch the second half. It’s just too tense.

The Purley King

Just saw the Mane elbow. That’s a red card all day, he knows he’s there, and it’s completely reckless. If a united player does that and gets a red I have no complaints
It’s a blatant red. Even sourness agrees.
If he does that after 60 minutes he’s off without a doubt it’s the fact it was after 6 seconds that Taylor bottled the decision.

Jev

Am I alone in thinking that Kovacic goal was a little flukey? Don't get me wrong, it was a great goal but with people talking about it as an all-time great goal, I thought he looked very unbalanced and not quite in control when he kicked.

He's a brilliant midfielder, though, very underrated. What a game this is.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
I still cant call it. We can batter them but it only takes one ball to be right for Mane and/or Salah

If i was TT id be telling the attackers to just shoot at Kelleher, keep him busy

Ekeke

This game is a perfect example of where our rivals fullbacks and back 3s make plenty of defensive mistakes too. Guaranteed to be forgotten by posters on here next time they post about AWB

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
It was a pen imo but I've no idea what the Ronaldo bit is all about. You said in a different post that Bernardo didn't dive (not that his shirt wasn't pulled but I think it's clear as day he threw himself to the ground) but you seem to be suggesting Odegaard did or am I misinterpreting that?
you are indeed misinterpreting what I said. there are always three possibilities: 1) a dive 2) a foul 3) player does down under heavy but fair challenge. I do not think Odegaard dived but nor do I think it was a penalty. as for bernado, if the shirt was pulled, it doesn't matter if he did the perfect impersonation of tom daley. it's a foul and therefore a penalty. I happen to think the arsenal defender left his leg there on purpose which is also a penalty offence

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
How did Thiago do for you in the last few months? I read he finally came good but couldn't watch it live unfortunately.
We’ve got a 100% win rate with him and Fabinho playing together. It’s about 17 games I think. I think we’ve won every game Thiago has started this season as well.

He has played well this season though.