Predict our top summer 2025 transfer targets

In order of liklihood of being fully in for them:

1. Branthwaite (duh)

2. Wharton: seems an obvious one, and a key profile in the squad that we lack. Will see what CP end up demanding for him though because I assume it'll be hefty

3. Left back : Don't even have a name for this one because there's not a no brainer target but I have 0 doubt we'll bring someone in

4. Nico Williams: Think we'll be more likely to go for him than Kvara (even though I'd LOVE Kvara).

5. Creative mid: Have 0 idea who this'll end up being. Could be a huge name like Wirtz, or could be a young kid. But it's high time we bring in a Bruno replacement/successor/alternative as we currently don't have a single one in the squad (I'll laugh if you say Mount).

I expect we'll be looking at a winger and a striker. Players I'd expect not necessarily want

Winger - Coman on a value deal because Bayern arent playing him
Striker - Lautaro Martinez for the majority of budget

Then Nypan for the longer term

Both Coman and Martínez would be absolutely horrendous deals IMO.

Priority #1 should be Xavi Simons. An X factor young player, can cover wing/attacking mid. Offers a certain playmaking dynamism that we don’t have in our squad other than Bruno.

It’s extremely likely Casemiro and Eriksen both depart next summer so a defensive midfielder to compete with Ugarte and a playmaker should be high on the list along with a left back and a winger.

If I could choose I’d bring back Angel Gomes seeing as he’d be on a free and us exactly the kind of player we’ve been crying out for years for, I’d love for us to bring in Adam Wharton to replace Casemiro as Wharton looks to have a bit more to his game than just being a defensive midfielder in the same way as Michael Carrick was.

It’s clear neither Shaw or Malacia can stay or even be fit and for some reason Amass can’t get a game even in an League Cup game so moving Malacia on once he’s fit and bringing in someone else to compete with Shaw when Shaw is injured and until Amass is ready is a must.

With Sancho gone and Antony never going to be good enough another winger is needed unless young Shea Lacey is going to be integrated into the first team this season to deputise for Diallo, always liked the look of Roony Bardghji at Copenhagen.

If Maguire, Lindelof and evans all depart/retire next summer then it’s likely we’ll bring a centre back in seeing as none seem to be coming through the academy so Branthwaite if Everton were to get relegated would be very likely although I think there’s better left sided options out there like Hato, Hincapié and Inácio.

Should be all over Adeyemi like a rash…

Right age and such a key player for BVB in Champions League run given his phenomenal work rate and pace.

Exactly the type of player Utd need if away form against big clubs to improve.

I think Martinez would be first choice under basically any manager, but I agree with the rest.

You just have to look at how often we need to bring off a defender to see why having several ~£50m centre halves is a good idea.

As to PSR, I think we're fine there, but it's clear that we want a more lean squad. We sold a lot of bloat and are down to 22 first team players. I imagine we'll have a one in one out policy next year.
I agree with the general point that we're leaner, but we're at 25 with the first team. We're two deep at every position, but also have a 3rd GK (Heaton) and 5th and 6th choice CBs (Evans and Lindelof).

That's excluding Wheatley, Collyer, and Amass. With them we're at 28 in the first team.

Some stardust in the forward line, like Kvara wide left or Palmer wide right. Would INEOS be willing to push the boat out for players of this quality?

How on earth do we get Palmer out of Chelsea when he's signed a deal to 2033, would love to sign Kvaratskhelia/Williams IF we could get back into Champions League.

How on earth do we get Palmer out of Chelsea when he's signed a deal to 2033, would love to sign Kvaratskhelia/Williams IF we could get back into Champions League.

1. We need Chelsea to keep struggling
2. We need to present him a better footballing project than theirs
3. We need him to force the move
4. We need to be ready to break the British transfer record for him

And then maybe there's a chance.

I'd say 1, 2, and 4 are definitely within the realms of possibility, but not sure Palmer is willing to force a departure, especially as early as next summer. Maybe if Chelsea had two awful seasons a row, he would ask to leave in 2026, though.