Pre-season friendlies 2013

ieqMftsnqnlGV.gif

Up there with Sergio Ramos in the CL vs Bayern, with the worst penalties I've ever seen

Once again I know they are friendlies but I think Everton look a pretty good prospect this season under Martinez.

Giuseppe Rossi appears to have stopped being broken long enough to score for Fiorentina. Be interesting to see how he does for them this season, given his injury troubles.

Has that Barca kid (whose name I won't even attempt to spell, you all know who I mean) played in any of their warm up games? Has he looked good?

No. I don't think so. I missed today's game but I'm pretty sure he didn't play. I think he might play in this tournament though possibly/hopefully.

Won 3-0. Coutinho's goal, woah. Aspas scores his third goal of preason. Our new Voronin. Most importantly not a single goal concede all summer.

Won 3-0. Coutinho's goal, woah. Aspas scores his third goal of preason. Our new Voronin. Most importantly not a single goal concede all summer.

ibeclhu4NJd074.gif

He was great at the end of last season, I am guessing he will be excellent this season.

Nemanja Vidic played for an hour as a second-string Manchester United side won 2-0 atCrewe.
The Serbian defender missed United's tour of Australia and the Far East with a back complaint but came through 62 minutes untroubled at Gresty Road.
There were also run-outs for Nani and Antonio Valencia who both missed the trip, with Nani scoring both goals.
The Portugal international, who has been suffering with a broken nose, slotted in a first-half free-kick and then tucked away a second goal after the break.
Nicolas Anelka's impressive pre-season form continued as he scored one ofWest Brom's goals in a 3-1 win over Atromitos.
The well-traveled Frenchman has now scored three goals for his new club and was joined on the scoresheet by Saido Berahino and Markus Rosenberg.
Thanasis Karagounis had given Atromitis an early lead.
Elsewhere, Maynor Figueroa's goal was enough to give Hull a 1-0 win atPeterborough.

Watched the second half of the West Brom game. Anelka was the best player on the pitch, almost everything good about WBA went through him.

Saido Berahino looks a promising young player for them as well. Might be worth looking out for him in the first team this season.

Man City just beat Ac Milan 5-3, bizarrely enough all 8 goals were in the first half and none in the second.

We are playing Juventus in that cup thingy at 4 am UK time. Annoying as shit.

Monaco just scraped a 2-1 win over Pescara. Not sure if Failco was playing but he didnt score if he was.

And Everton pull it out in the 7th round of penos.
That was the only part of the game i watched so no idea what happened in the 90 mins.

Everton looking much better then usual to be fair.

Due to my insomnia I (think) I watched the Juve - Everton game from min 30 on. Wasn't that bad of a game actually. To the most important point though - Fellaini. My god, he was absolutely horrible. Juventus played a very intensive, high pressing game and he got no time on the ball at all. Was slow, clumsy and pointless in midfield. Seemed to be losing possession the few times he actually managed to get to the ball somehow, did nothing offensively and Gibson was actually better.
Now, in my half asleep, half awake state I might very well have dreamt all this. An Everton fan or anyone who watched it, please confirm or deny what I just saw.

Due to my insomnia I (think) I watched the Juve - Everton game from min 30 on. Wasn't that bad of a game actually. To the most important point though - Fellaini. My god, he was absolutely horrible. Juventus played a very intensive, high pressing game and he got no time on the ball at all. Was slow, clumsy and pointless in midfield. Seemed to be losing possession the few times he actually managed to get to the ball somehow, did nothing offensively and Gibson was actually better.
Now, in my half asleep, half awake state I might very well have dreamt all this. An Everton fan or anyone who watched it, please confirm or deny what I just saw.

You're still dreaming and you never posted this. Sorry.

I didn't watch the game as I'm not getting up at 4 am, I have it on demand so ill watch it later and get back to you on that.

I fully expect Everton to be a better team going forward this season under Martinez but to adopt some of Wigan's keystone cops defending.

Mirallas will be the "surprise package" for me.

I fully expect Everton to be a better team going forward this season under Martinez but to adopt some of Wigan's keystone cops defending.

Mirallas will be the "surprise package" for me.

Why would Mirallas be a surprise package? He showed throughout last season he was an excellent player. His only troubles were interesting.

Hence the speech marks. Maybe I should just have said I think he will have a great season playing a bit further forward under Martinez if he can stay injury free.

Thoughts of Everton - Juventus for anyone that cares:

-I don't understand what peoples gripe is with Fellaini in this game. He hasn't been shite, but he hasn't been great either, just a decent performance. He gave the ball away a few times early on with sloppy passing but his pressing was excellent (as was the whole teams, Juventus were on the back-foot a lot) and he was breaking up play nicely. He made a class pass at one stage when surrounded by 2 or 3 players, he hooked it over his head to a man who was free in the centre, great awareness and execution.

-Stones looked great defensively, but needed to be a little more calm and collected when on the ball, that will come with age and experience though. Had a great wee header that hit the post.

-Anichebe, dear lord. I wish we could swap him with Benteke. He was great at being a cnut to Ogbonna and was all over him but Benteke does his job of being an arse to defenders but he can actually do something with the ball when he gets it.

-We have played with 5 at the back which has worked pretty well so far, Baines and Coleman were able to get much further forward without having to overly worry about getting back, but it did mean we were susceptible to over the top balls which Juventus like to play.

Oh, and Llorente has been shit.

Not much change in the second half really, Mirallas scored a good typical goal which you would expect from him and came into the game more than the first half. I think he will flourish under Martinez.

This was the icing on the cake though!

City losing 2-1 to Munich, but Negredo scored. Genoa beating wba 0-1.

Thoughts of Everton - Juventus for anyone that cares:

-I don't understand what peoples gripe is with Fellaini in this game. He hasn't been shite, but he hasn't been great either, just a decent performance. He gave the ball away a few times early on with sloppy passing but his pressing was excellent (as was the whole teams, Juventus were on the back-foot a lot) and he was breaking up play nicely. He made a class pass at one stage when surrounded by 2 or 3 players, he hooked it over his head to a man who was free in the centre, great awareness and execution.

-Stones looked great defensively, but needed to be a little more calm and collected when on the ball, that will come with age and experience though. Had a great wee header that hit the post.

-Anichebe, dear lord. I wish we could swap him with Benteke. He was great at being a cnut to Ogbonna and was all over him but Benteke does his job of being an arse to defenders but he can actually do something with the ball when he gets it.

-We have played with 5 at the back which has worked pretty well so far, Baines and Coleman were able to get much further forward without having to overly worry about getting back, but it did mean we were susceptible to over the top balls which Juventus like to play.

Oh, and Llorente has been shit.

Not much change in the second half really, Mirallas scored a good typical goal which you would expect from him and came into the game more than the first half. I think he will flourish under Martinez.

This was the icing on the cake though!

Wanted to watch this game, but forgot about it. What was the score at the end? I am guessing draw because of the penalty?

Wanted to watch this game, but forgot about it. What was the score at the end? I am guessing draw because of the penalty?

1-1 Normal time. Mirallas with the first and then Asamoah scored a thumper in the 80th minute. We won on penalties 6-5. Osman missed the first and Pirlo stood up to take the winning penalty but missed. Stones then did a Pirlo straight after and we ended up winning.

Thanks, was it a good game? How did you look comparing to Juve?

It was a decent enough game to be honest. We looked good in the first half and probably had the upper hand, but Juventus played more to their standard in the second half. We were good at pressing as usual but better at keeping the ball than during the Moyes era.

Nice assist from Isco

iTIvebzBWVvK2.gif

The guy is class. There's been some huge transfers so far this summer, out of them all I wouldn't be surprised to see Isco be the best of the lot. And that includes Bale if that deal happens.

Okay, thanks, hope you will do good this season.

The guy is class. There's been some huge transfers so far this summer, out of them all I wouldn't be surprised to see Isco be the best of the lot. And that includes Bale if that deal happens.

I'm pretty confident that Isco will end up being a better transfer than Neymar.