PL L FA Premier League

Manchester United 0:3 Liverpool

Post-match discussion

Sun, 01 September 2024

Lucky McLuckerson

The saviour of our season (ask Maradona10)
Liverpool goal offside (7')

Man Utd 0:1 Liverpool - Diaz (35')

Man Utd 0:2 Liverpool - Diaz (42')

Man Utd 0:3 Liverpool - Salah (56')

An absolutely awful performance and conceded all our goals due to mistakes (2x Casemiro, 1x Mainoo). The players seemed to lack any spatial awareness and strength and were just bullied off the ball.

The only positive I can take from the game is De Ligt looked good and very composed. Dalot also had a good game

I'm not annoyed that we lost, but it is the manner that we lost and the players didn't show any intensity or heart and just made the game so easy for Liverpool.

But anyway don't worry all, we will see the players post on social media that they are "sorry," they are "working hard," they "will go again and fix these problems" etc. Basically the same excuses we have heard for years and the players taking the fans as fools.

Anyway let's all just be glad we have the international break and can have a break from this for a couple of weeks.

Bruno did well.

Mainoo did well apart from giving the ball away for their third goal.

Every other starter gave a 1/10 performance.

Casemiro gave a 0/10.

I think some of the blame has to go on individual errors. Casemiro started the season ok, but demonstrated today that he's finished and should never be a first choice selection again.

A bigger issue is what happened tactically today. This was far closer to a performance from last season than the games against Fulham and Brighton. Our passing has been shorter and we we showed some ability to create chances through sustained build up play.

Today we tried going direct on every pass and transition opportunity. We kept losing the ball and conceding chances. I don't understand why we moved away from what we've tried implementing.

When some of the same things haven't changed from last season, what do you expect really? Same shit, different season.

Not as bad as some of our previous performances against top teams, but far off it still.

Casemiros legs have gone, Rashford offers nothing.

He won't make it through the season. But who do we get to replace? All the good managers have jobs now.

We're still a nothing team, really.

These spineless capitulations against Liverpool are unforgivable and really make me... numb, overall.

Liverpools counterpress killed us today. Casemiro *2 and Mainoo gave away possesion far to easy when we where transitioning into attack and they scored 3 easy goals as a result. Giving away possesion like that when the rest of the team is moving into the attacking shape is the worst thing a midfielder can do and we did it 3 times today.

We have a worse squad than last season, after spending £200m again.

The manager has not progressed our play at all and having Casemiro as a lone CM when we're in transition is suicidal.

Time for a new manager. He shouldn't have been given this season anyway.

Dalot, DeLigt and Mazraoui (Collyer and Diallo after coming on) only players who can be somewhat proud. The rest where proper shite, specially Casemiro (who should never play for us again).

We're stuck with Casemiro but he should NEVER play against any top 10 team again. Hopefully the next of the deadwood to start moving asap.

My fiance broke a 15 minute silence by asking me "Why do you always watch them if they're so sh*t?"

Ill never have a better opportunity to admit my self-masochism fetish.

It’s early enough that we don’t have to commit to throwing the season away if we get rid of ETH now

The worst thing is no one should be surprised. Going into the season with Ten Hag and only signing one CM pretty much confirmed we weren’t serious about this season.

But hey, we added to our ex-Ajax and Dutch headcount.

Not as bad as some of our previous performances against top teams, but far off it still.

Casemiros legs have gone, Rashford offers nothing.
Pretty much the same as the 7-0. There was a phase in the game where this looked possible. They just weren't as clinical/lucky with the final shot this time.

Well that was a steaming pile of dogshit.

But not to worry we made progress last season that has continued into this one apparently.

Player Ratings

4.2 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 291 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Liverpool win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 26% Man Utd 2:1 Liverpool
  • 12% Man Utd 1:1 Liverpool