PL D FA Premier League

Manchester United 1:1 Liverpool

Post-match discussion

Sun, 15 January 2017

Put Rashford, Fellaini and Mata on instead and we may have won the game. Rooney ended up in around 2-3 1v1 situations on the left where rashford would have skinned the fullback alive, Rooney lost the ball every time due to being too slow and having bad decisionmaking. Rooney getting that goal to beat the record is most likely what got him on the pitch in the first place.
Rooney was put on to clinch his 250th goal against the old enemy, otherwise rashford would of been on

Klopp sounds pissed again. Was he watching the same game??

"Embarrassment of a performance. It's why we should focus on the Europa League. "

This is why you should get a grip, you can't seriously recommend the club to focus just one competition. You want results but you are unambitious as you can be. How do you expect players to have high standards when you, the fan, is happy for them to just focus on Europa League. You think the performance is embarrassing, i say such comments are embarrassing. We should fight on all fronts and breed fighting mentality. So, get a grip.

PS: They are dropping points too.

Breeding a fighting mentality comes from turning up in the big games and winning against big teams. Not against the likes of Crystal Palace and Sunderland. This team have shown time and again that they can't get results in big games in the league, and big teams in the Europa League aren't as plentiful. Therefore our chances of winning the Europa League in my opinion as of now, are higher than finishing in the top 4.

Just listening to the post match interview with Klopp. He seems adamant to highlight Liverpool were the better team and we came only to play "long balls".

What opportunities to cross did Valencia waste really? You mean the one in which he crossed straight to Zlatan's head when other fullbacks would have tried to shoot at goal?

I only remember one cross that hit the first man at the end. Also, most of our corners from Rooney, Mkhi couldn't even reach the box.

It's more about being an actual threat out wide. His crosses are also not of good quality. Sure he might get them in, but some of it is easily dealt with because of the way he delivers them, or the time he takes to actually deliver them.

The ball was played by Firmino and deflected off Rojo. The latter did not play the initial pass and therefore it was offside. I'd have to see our goal again if there's a gif - I thought your centre back was playing him on; if I'm wrong maybe things evened out.

Our finishing has been a real issue though. I don't believe there's a single team in the league that have had more chances you'd expect to score; but the teams ahead have scored 9-17 more than we have. It's one of the reasons I think Mata needs to start more.
Your goal was offside, wasn't much but you could see it clearly.

I watched our goal a couple of times again and thought it came off Rojo, but could be that Firmino got the initial touch if you say so. Anyway, you're definitely not hard done by today, referee didn't have any major decisions wrong.

The amount of people predicting a 3-0 win for us before this game was hilarious. I know its a cliché, but form does go out of the window in these games.

Both teams had opportunities to win the game, we arguably had the better ones. Should've exploited the novice Alexander-Arnold far more than we did.

Valencia was our best player I felt, Pogba the worst by miles. Couldn't do even the simple things right today.

A point was fair in the end. A point gained on City.

Klopp sounds pissed again. Was he watching the same game??
He was right to be pissed. Most dippers would have taken that result before the kickoff, but in reality they lost two points after we were so shite and couldn't finish and Pogba lost his head. In his first post match interview he had that patronising smile but his body language couldn't hide the frustration.

We weren't great. Think the occasion got to us a bit. That said, I do think we were the better team, and did enough to win the game.

Apart from the penalty that we gifted them, and the couple of chances they got from hitting us on the counter in the second half, they didn't really create much.

In hindsight, we should have probably used Fellaini earlier. Liverpool, like in previous fixtures, could not handle him, and I think if we played for another 10 minutes, we would have won.

It wasn't to be, but we got a point and kept up our unbeaten run.

Just listening to the post match interview with Klopp. He seems adamant to highlight Liverpool were the better team and we came only to play "long balls".

We had to play long because of their pressing. They are footballing terrorists.

So Pogba had a new haircut and and "first ever" twitter emoji honour which Utd social media went crazy about before and during the match.
And then he played ultra shite.

It is always a worry when there is as much or more talked about a players off field activities as there is about what they are doing on the field.

Mourino needs to a have a word with him and tell him that he a footballer first and foremost and leave the celebrity nonsense aside until his football career is over.

Very relieved not to lose. Poor game from Utd, especially Pogba.

Considering we player poorly and went a goal down to s top 4 side I'm not too disappointed. Our winner streak was gonna end some time and rather it to be drawing against a decent side than to some mid table to below team. is it now 16 unbeaten? Let's get on another winning run. For all the doom mongers the window is still open.

We should heed that remark because the amount of times we played it back to De Gea was astounding.

When you have endless budgets to play at home vs your biggest rival, surely you need to be able to withstand their high pressing better and build from the back. Carrick not able anymore, Herrera not able physically, Pogba not able mentally. Scholes is gone and we cannot take 5 seasons to replace him.

Schneiderlin would be a great partner to Pogba in these games, one player unfairly written off in my opinion.

Pogba needs to be more pragmatic. We're all in awe over his skills, but in a game like this you have to use your senses.

Absolutely, the amount of times we were crying out for him for him to stick to the basics, with quick touches and releases of the ball. Instead he's dallying on it more than usual. Frustrating bad from him today.

Ummm, he did a great job all things considered today. It's a great performance from them.

It's not that, it's them being excited like school girls meeting Justin Beeber for the first time. All those high fives and "can I hold the microphone for you?" and all of that. Hyping all around him and laughing and agreeing on every word he says.

the reaction here is so OTT, we played really well, Pogba's mistake and display are a rarity and we created more and better chances.

We need to move on. Should have scored those close chances, but shit happens.
Would have been a good point had we not had those daft draws we got earlier in the season.

Still, we could have lost to them. Onwards to the Europa:D

Klopp's reaction to Herrera bringing down Firmino! We need a gif!

He goes absolutely batshit mental at the 4th official.

But that's okay, he's very charismatic. :lol:

Couldn't even beat a garbage Liverpool team that relies on hugs from klopp. Liverpool players ran themselves into the ground where as our lads couldn't be assed for 80 minutes. Pogbas dab was good for the penalty though 10/10

Our lack of mobility was a problem. The almost complete lack of technical competence another. Mourinho's substitutions yet another problem. Somehow we got a draw.

A lot of our players need to practice kicking the ball with their wrong foot because that was embarrassing.

Breeding a fighting mentality comes from turning up in the big games and winning against big teams. Not against the likes of Crystal Palace and Sunderland. This team have shown time and again that they can't get results in big games in the league, and big teams in the Europa League aren't as plentiful. Therefore our chances of winning the Europa League in my opinion as of now, are higher than finishing in the top 4.

I give up. I can't write in another English language friend. I suggest you re-read the posts again if you want to catch the idea. If not, whatever.

Player Ratings

5.9 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 643 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Liverpool win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 27% Man Utd 2:1 Liverpool
  • 20% Man Utd 2:0 Liverpool