PL W FA Premier League

Manchester United 1:0 Fulham

Post-match discussion

Fri, 16 August 2024

Shit game mostly with some unbelievable missees. Shout out to our forwards bar Zirkzee who look as clueless as ever. But three points in the bag

Good start. Players were a bit rusty and tired in the end but promising signs. Once every one is up to fitness should be a fun season. We do need Ugarte to fill out the squad but I'm happy with that. For most of the match we had good attacking plays, good possession and defended well including stopping counter attacks.

Still doesn’t look cohesive. Press fell apart after Mount and Amad went off and I hate how we resorted back to the basketball game style for that last 20 minutes. But also we could have been 2 or 3 up by that point.

JZ is a baller, absolute beast of a technician and it was sorely needed at the end.

Devolved into last season's team in the 2nd half. Shockingly wasteful and lucky that Fulham never capitalised. First half was excellent though, more cohesion and excellent pressing. The class of Zirkzee ultimately sealed it. He needs to start. And we need Ugarte.

Looked good towards the end of the first half. Second half was bad.

Poor finishing again and lucky to escape a few nervy counters but a win is a win and some much needed miles banked for some players that we need up to speed asap.

Looks similar to seasons gone by where we have good players, but not a good system. We should have won comfortably if bruno had taken his chances. But its looks like good players as opposed to patterns of play.

Thought Zirkzee and Mazraoui looked very tidy. Great additions to the squad.

Happy with this performance. Way better than last season.

Win to start the season! Exactly what we needed given last year, and while we weren't brilliant, there's certainly signs we look far better than last year.

Pretty solid but finishing needs work.
Cool to have a decent FB in Mazza and Zirkzee can only gain confidence from that start!

A lot of positive. Bruno never gave up. Like many others. Amad and Rashford were not at the races. Hopefully Amad gets more starts

Zirkzee has scored in every game he’s played for us—world class.

Rashford is going to have a long season.

We looked mostly decent defensively but our fullbacks didn’t attack enough.

Our defence actually squeezed forward, at least in the first half.

Fulham will be fighting relegation, they look blunt.

Unconvincing but some good stuff in the second period of the first half. Fulham ballsed up some serious counter attacking opportunities to make it painful in the second but Utd deserved to win overall.

Still a far from convincing style of play mind.

Mazraoui class. Zirkzee with some very clever touches. Overall though very chaotic. We need to keep more control of the ball. We won't go anywhere playing like this.

ZZ is a Beast. Not only the goal - his movement before the goal was immaculate. He was constantly alone in a nice pocket of space 10 yards off Fulham’s CBs, passed to Bruno and materialized in the box to receive assist. Amazing technique and IQ.

Take the win and move on, bit of everything in that 90mins but if we don’t improve our finishing we’re going nowhere.

The good:

Zirkzee debut goal and some lovely touches after.
Casemiro looked class.
Maguire looked fairly solid.
Impressive debut from Mazraoui.
We won!!

The bad:

Rashford looked poor.
Overall team mistakes and giving the ball away, not sure we've improved.
Garnacho miss was ridiculous.

On another positive there were many games we would score late and then concede straight after. At least that didn’t happen.

Thought we were miles better than last season, although dropped off it a lot after Mount went off.

Can't complain too much though, loads of players nowhere near ready, but we got the 3 points against a side were most players have had a full preseason

Nice clean sheet will do. Feel like we need to keep more clean sheets this season as we aren’t clinical enough.

Very little going forward for the majority of the game.

But felt we were quite secure at the back, and that for me is a big plus. A win to start the season, hopefully we can pick up the pace in the coming games

We're still too open in the middle sometimes, Case isn't quick enough to do it all himself and if he gets caught out we don't cover it well.

But there is more movement going forwards, and pressing is much better, especially with mount in the team.

ZIrkzee will take a while to get up to speed I think, but that was a proper striker's touch for the goal, we haven't had someone who scores those types of goals for a while.

Can see improvement from last season, but a long way to go yet.

I think, the result is fair and mostly deserved. Couldn't complain about a draw but in the end, they gave away too many chances. I thought, in 1st half we were really good. 2nd half though unfortunately the same shit as last year. So while I was very optimistic in 1st, 2nd half performance makes me doubtful that the 1st was just a blip. Zirkzee should definitely start as long as Hojlund isn't there - Bruno makes no sense as the furthest option - and my god, there is really absolutely no point in trying to set up any of our wingers. So shit.

But well played, I liked Mazraoui, very calm and secure. The rest wasn't particularly noteworthy while nobody was bad.

Player Ratings

6.3 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 395 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Fulham win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 28% Man Utd 2:0 Fulham
  • 20% Man Utd 2:1 Fulham