PL D FA Premier League

Crystal Palace 0:0 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 21 September 2024

I watched the last 20 minutes.

I knew we were shite, but I didn't think we were so shite.

There's absolutely no point in watching our games.
Same here..
Watched the last 20 .. we didn't even have 1 shot .. nnless we decides to play for a draw

Pretty good across all areas of the pitch aside from Bruno's usual 0/10 disasterclass. Should have come away with 3 points.

Decent first half followed by a sloppy second half. Nothings really changed.

Defensively better and we certainly had more control but we still can't finish and we have no consistency.

Do you still watch when it's 0-0? That was gash.
Henderson played out of his skin. He'll let in 4 the next game.

On the whole we played well and made good chances, but we just couldn't take them. Bruno well off the pace - Eriksen should get a run of games at 10 at this rate.

Good first half but with no finish. Keeper made good saves but we had chances to not give him the chance to save them.

Second half poor

We dominated most of the match, had so many chances to go ahead but just wasn't going in. When Zirkzee and Eriksen came off we lost a lot of our control it seemed.

We should have won that, tough one to take but a point is better than nothing and it's miles better than a 4-0 hammering.

Should have had it won in the first half, ended up finishing the game like we had it won. So frustrating.

Wtf is Martinez just walking around with the ball for about 5 mins at the back. Unacceptable, we need to be flying forward at that time.

Bruno is so feckin wasteful. Obviously played quite well but there's just no goals in this team same stuff every year.

Bruno our best, Hendo theirs. Shame we couldn't win it.
You're clearly watching a totally different game, Bruno almost lost us that game, never mind our best player.

Where do I fecking start?

First half was absolutely brilliant. However, we didn’t manage to hit a cow’s arse with a banjo. I just knew that we’d end up ruing our missed chances, and we sure did. The second half was nowhere near as good, especially after taking off Zirkzee.

This wasn’t just frustrating, it was infuriating. We haven’t won at Selhurst Park for four fecking seasons now.

I watched the last 20 minutes.

I knew we were shite, but I didn't think we were so shite.

There's absolutely no point in watching our games.

Tbf we were good at points in the bits you seemed to have missed. We actually looked like a football team in the first half, we just didn’t score.

5 games in and the league is essentially a bust, Europa League is our best bet for a CL place

Frustrating draw but we played some very good football. Seeing clear progress. Should've scored those first 45. The subs didn't do us much good but ten Hag couldn't have done much different.

Top of the league lads

GYBRSldW4AE_oQc

Horrible end. If we managed to score one of our many chances in the first 60 minutes, this would've been comfortable. Silver lining is we have clearly improved, but it's not enough.

Well we didn’t lose 4-0 and didn’t concede a late cutback sucker punch so I guess that’s progress? Standards are on the floor.

Should have had it won after 60 mins. Plenty of encouraging signs but then lost momentum and ideas.

On the whole we played well and made good chances, but we just couldn't take them. Bruno well off the pace - Eriksen should get a run of games at 10 at this rate.
Zirkzee at 10 with Hojlund up top would be better.

ETH fecked this. Subbing Rashford on for Zirkzee was criminal. Bruno needs to spend some time on the bench.
Agree, that's when the game turned. Zirkzee is elite in connecting everything and created two of the best chances of the game himself.

Honestly I didn't think the game at that point needed subs. We were still controlling and creating very well.

Just not good enough… yes we played great in the first half, blah blah blah…. The table doesn’t lie and 7 points out of 15 just isn’t acceptable.

I don’t know why, out this game in particular has left me really jaded watching this team and I feel like I almost can’t be bothered any more after 40+ years…. but that’s just me.

I thought we played way better with Zirkzee up front. Why play Rashford there? Hojlund nowhere near match fitness, Rashford isn't a center forward. Garnacho was nowhere 2nd half. Why sub Amad?

Eriksen looked good, maybe Bruno should've been subbed for Ugarte and not Eriksen.

Feels like a loss. 2 losses and a draw in the first 5 games isn’t good enough

Having said that we played ok today until the subs which killed it

Player Ratings

6.1 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 235 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Crystal Palace win
  • Draw

Detailed Results