PL L FA Premier League

Brighton & Hove Albion 2:1 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 24 August 2024

New season, same old. Asleep while defending costs us 2 goals against fecking Brighton ffs

Extremely frustrating.

Should have been clear if Amad had put away his chance and/or not messed up the 3 v 2 in the first. Again we are better, and have better control, in the first. Gave away way too many counters and so unlucky with our second.

Play is generally not that bad, but we seem to be making the strong decisions too often in the decisive moments.

Strange game, incredibly unlucky with how the offside occurred if not the decision but the second half was plenty of worrying signs. Mount going off cratered the pressing, Brighton from having almost no atatcks started to gain territorial control, their right winger had lots of chances to take men on. Zirkzee is much lower intensity than you would wish, then the midfield started to run out of legs, Licha is struggling to start the season as well, odd subs.

I think we'll beat Liverpool next week but our inability to grind out results against mid table dross like Brighton is always going to be our undoing.

Should have won. Players still don’t look fit. Subs were suspect and I really hope Mount isn’t injured.

Same old shit. I honestly don't see how this can work out.
ETH will be gone by Christmas

We haven't won the first two games of the season since 2016. Madness...

I’m fecking tired Robbie.

Yet another fecking loss against Brighton. They’re our bogey team. I’d hate them a lot more if my dad didn’t support them.

The game was there for the fecking taking, yet we kept pissing away our chances.

Gonna be another poor season.

Didn't we hire a new set piece coach this season? Defending on that corner alone is worth an early sack

We need luck every game to get a win. When are we going to start *earning wins* *regularly* and *convincingly*?

I've been waiting 2 years now.

Totally predictable, which is why I predicted a 2-1 win for them. We're going nowhere.

It's it me or was the caf servers struggling for a moment there?

Anyway, we actually played well for long periods. Some stark reminders of last season and what we're capable of though....

Fine margins with the offside. Disappointed we left with no points but some more defensive feck ups aren't good at all.

Subs cost us the game, but what really cost us is our inability to handle pressure. Casemiro and Onana are absolutely horrendous at retaining possession late in the game, Onana is infuriating because he takes so fecking long on the ball every time that he just invites the press onto us.

Poor Zirkzee, from hero to zero.

Brighton paid 39 million for Minteh :lol:

Same shit, different season.

Moronic substitutions and folding like a pack of cards.

Oh yes. Another season of this.

I hope some time in the not so distant future we get to watch us beat and relegate Brighton at the Amex.

And we are BACK!

Only ETH's united could conspire to lose that game, just terrible. Our press in the last 30 mins was like last season, 5 men running at the keeper and one simple pass to take them all out.

So callow, so soft, so easy to play against. Both goals an absolute mess.

As for our 'disallowed' goal, I guess since football has gone into categorising everything that any touch from an offside position is offside, whereas you'd like to see if only be offside if the team gets a discernible advantage from it. I thought that was what it used to be? I dunno.

Could and perhaps should have been 6 points from 2, instead 3 from 2 with Liverpool up next. There's absolutely nothing different in today's United performance compared to last year.

This was not the sams as previous seasons where we were outplayed. But we still lost so that sucks. Atrocious defending. I think Dalot went missing. Forgot he was a LB and not RB.

Thought we were really good today, and should have won the game. So unlucky. Bruno should have stayed on though, we lost control of the game as soon as went off

Maguire, Rashford, McTominay all need to go, and we desperately need a midfielder who can contro the tempo of a game.

Bad individual errors cost the team today in attack and defence. Amad got his goal, but should have had two and an assist if he made the right decisions. No idea why Garnacho decided to blow his chance the way he did as well.

A game we should have won, but you knew they would find a way to lose it in the last 5 minutes.

Some shit subs at the end by Ten Hag very costly especially the Fernandes one.

Clearly still lacking a LB, good winger & good CM & an out and out striker.

No complaints , from the last 10 minutes or so only one team played like really wanted the win and they did win it.

Two amateur hour goals conceded which is typical of us.

And the usual ifs' , would of's , could of's that we have been living on for years now.

Liverpool next week , this season could unravel very quickly.

Didn't deserve to be behind at the break, but didn't kick on and do enough especially after the disallowed goal in the 2nd half, very fecking frustrating.

Probably deserved. Shouldn't have taken Bruno off.

Antony had 2 touches, a foul and a backheel gone wrong.

Terrible game management. Same old United. The full reset clearly hasn't happened yet. We badly need to get a new midfielder and get rid of Rashford.

Unfortunate for Zirkzee, he never intended to. Seen the footage again.

We are truly cursed.

Frustrating to concede so late, we definitely didn’t deserve it and fancied us to get a winner. Quite happy with how we played tbf.

Bruno coming off was an odd choice.

Been a Manchester United fan since Ferguson retired has been pretty bad for my mental health. Is the costant hope that this team can turn it around. So frustrating.

Note to self…. Never expect anything from now
So no depression watching United game

#brainfarts and #ballwatching

Some positives, but unforgivable mistakes in both ends of the pitch

I didn't see a lot different today to usual - when do we start playing properly? Amad was alright, but no real playing style, no control, very little attacking imagination. We are still struggling to progress the ball up the field in any non-chaotic way.

Well, that was disappointing. I was feeling a bit gutted to only take a point from that match and then that.

Didn't deserve to lose, and would've won had it not been for the unluckiest offside imaginable. But the defending at the end was absolutely criminal, that just cannot happen at this level, ever.

Player Ratings

5.2 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 228 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Brighton win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 30% Brighton 1:2 Man Utd
  • 18% Brighton 1:1 Man Utd