PL L FA Premier League

Manchester United 1:3 Brighton & Hove Albion

Post-match discussion

Sat, 16 September 2023

Why on earth did we norlt do more to stop their wing play? And we could not also push our players further to the sides? We were so open on rhe wings whenever Brighton went forward. Tactically outsmarted was EtH.

Terrible. CL qualification looking like a mirage already if we keep this up

3 defeats already, coupled with the fact City and Arsenal are certainties for the top 4, so two places to fight for. It's going to be the roughest season we've had since, well two years ago :lol:

Maybe it was the timing, maybe it was justifed to protect the player, but i've never heard OT boo that loudly at a sub before

This is what happens when ownership prioritizes top 4 over everything else. No manager will ever succeed under these greedy bozos.

The problem is we can’t seem to gel together as a team. And I can’t seem to point my finger on why and how it can be solved. We have tried new managers, new players, different formations. Just absolutely hopeless.

Worse start than last season.

Out of any sort of title challenge already.

Everyone involved needs to have a long look in the mirror.

EtH finished the game with Bruno at CB. Our most influential creator stuck in no man's land while chasing a goal.

Depressing.

Nowhere near good enough.

The - clearly - better team won.

Shouldn't be like that.

Lots and lots of work to do, it seems.

We're just a nothing team. Can't pass well, can't press well, not strong either mentally or physically, not particularly quick, can't defend, can't score, not well organised, and our game changers are incredibly easily thrown off their game. Doesn't feel like there's a light at the end of this tunnel other than a train coming the other way.
Agree

I thought I gave a horrible rating of 4.2 but realised after submitting that the average from everyone was a 4.0. I am dead pss with this team but I didn't realise you guys feel even more strongly than I do.

ETH to blame here.

- what did Mctominay bring to the game that made him play alomst 90 minutes?
- did he only realise we lack width in the 85th minute?
- why change formation to play with no wingers when we have pallestiri to play on the right?
- why keep dalot and substitute reguilon?
- bruno a holding midfielder towards the end?

lots of questions to be answered…

Last edited:
Our team is not suited for pressing. Brighton won't have many games as comfortable as this. We are SO SLOW.

slow and lazy, most of the players

shit season ahead

De Zerbi and Ten Hag have been in charge for a similar amount of time, I think the biggest question to ask is, why has one been able to fully implement their style in that time and the other hasn't?

We were again fairly good in our build up play but chance conversion is really poor. And when you give away super soft and easy goals, you get a result like this.

This one's on Ten Hag I think. Totally outplayed by De Zerbi. The bandaid that was Casemiro has well and truly come off. He's been utterly shite this season and it has ruined our start.

On the bright side, maybe now the Glazers will finally feel they've reached the end and feck off.

Thrashed again but sounds like fans want to pin it on a single moment from one of their fave scapegoats as usual. Ddg and Maguire not in the team so rashford to make the step up number one scapegoat

3 defeats already, coupled with the fact City and Arsenal are certainties for the top 4, so two places to fight for. It's going to be the roughest season we've had since, well two years ago :lol:

A winning run starting from next week is the only thing that will save our league season now.

Looked decent until their goal, then we folded as usual while Brighton leveled up to like their second gear and we just got dominated from there on.

To many players that have regressed, to many players that are just plain bad and ETH doesnt seem to have any idea how to use the players, we get outcoached every game

Club is now rotten to the core on and off the pitch.

Players look fecked before the game start. No creativity, no passion and no desire to win the ball.

Whether or not ETH is the right man for the job I think today his days here are now numbered, especially if Munich give us a good hiding.

The players look lost and shot of any confidence.

We are going nowhere.
Onana. Just terrible at shot stopping.
Martinez was just terrible. Lindelof as well.
Casemiro crap and has been since last Feb bar a few goals.
The attack just non existent.

We were absolutely schooled by Brighton at home.

Spent hundreds of millions of pounds on Ten Hags mates and none of them are actually any good. It's like we've found the Dutch Moyes. Come back Ole all is forgiven, at least he gave youth a chance when all our high priced signings let us down. What was the point of signing Onana again, he's been awful. Arsenal got statistically the best keeper in the Prem last season ON LOAN, we spunked millions on Onana for no return.

That said - feels like United are under some powerful curse at the minute, lots of important goals and decisions being overturned for borderline decisions and it's not funny anymore.

We've got to be the most limp team in the league. We're strolling around most of the time. With one or two players pressing here and there.

It seems like we're caught between pressing and not pressing meaning we're often caught half way up the pitch and played through with ease. At least if we just sat back we'd be difficult to score against.

Three goals from a cutback, our defense is horrid in the box.

Didn’t expect anything else to lose with our current form. Was hopeful it would be a game where we turned things around - no.

Inuries, off field distractions, whatever... club is broken and these results will continue and continue unless fundamental and foundational things change at the club

The goalie is a downgrade on Degea, didn’t strengthen in defence , didn’t buy legs in the midfield to play next to Casemiro and still toothless in attack relying on rashford to suddenly become clinical and a young boy with potential.
How do we come out of every transfer window never seeming to have addressed the teams issue?

United were comprehensively beaten today, just need to take it on the chin...and give the Cafe a miss for 48 hours.

And another manager facing his impending demise thanks to a lazy and mentally weak group of thieves.

Not angry, just disappointed.

In all seriousness though it's starting to feel like the previous regimes again, players look half arsed and uninspired and the football is a reflection of that, it's going to take one hell of a turn around to salvage this season it seems.

Decent result for us that, kept the score respectable to a much better team. Pick your battles and that, we might be able to nick a point next week against Burnley.

Don't really see much point analysing that game given how many things are going wrong at the club. Injuries, missing players, dramatic loss of form, "club statements" and the looming club sale. The entire club feels in crisis at the moment.

We just have to take our lumps and that's it. Changing the manager won't change a thing because the manager isn't the problem. Just the opposite, this is the consequence of endless turmoil and change year after year. We need consistency and we need to just accept this is a long road. We'll get many a bloody nose along the way.

Seasons basically over in terms of title challenge, 6 games in.

I’d happily drop most of them midweek.

It's 3 actually. For us, top 5 is enough this season with the new format of the CL from next year. Which in itself makes a mockery of the Champions League name.

First home defeat in over a year in all competitions. 31 games, 27 wins and 4 draws.

Lack of reaction to the Arsenal defeat a big concern and United will be lucky to finish 6th if the home form goes to pot.

Today were the better side for the opening 20 mins. Brighton scored from their first attack of the game and played the match on their own terms after that for a deserved win. Bayern away next won't be pretty.

Last edited:
Outclassed, we started brightly but they weathered the storm with ease and after they scored there was only one team in it and if we are honest the final score of 3 - 1 flattered us , they could and should have had a few more.

It is going to be a tough season , we are going backwards , no matter how much money we throw at it we just keep regressing.

There is a toxic atmosphere around the club both on and off the field, it is not an enjoyable experience to support Utd these days. It feels like a club in terminal decline.l

Hmmm. Well, I thought we would be ok today actually, but the reality is, we have big problems. Big problems.

Player Ratings

4.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 245 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Brighton win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 28% Man Utd 2:1 Brighton
  • 10% Man Utd 3:1 Brighton