PL Title Race

It’s theirs now after this. In fact they are now the best team the PL has ever seen by far. The only thing keeping them out of the best the top league has seen is Europe.

Utd 2008 the best ever PL team. Not seen anything that compares. Squad was seriously stacked & did the business in a much more competitive League & Europe.

It’s theirs now after this. In fact they are now the best team the PL has ever seen by far. The only thing keeping them out of the best the top league has seen is Europe.
They can never be on par with our 1999 or 2008 teams until they match them.
Premier league is in its 29th year. In that time, only 2 teams have managed to win the CL and the league in the same season. United 99 and 08.
I personally can't wait till Guardiola leaves. City's downfall will be so satisfying.

The sports-washing project and their apologists and appeasers are ending the year and starting another at the top of the table. The cheating referees don't help the situation. It is unfortunate.

The United treble winning team would disagree.

They can never be on par with our 1999 or 2008 teams until they match them.
Premier league is in its 29th year. In that time, only 2 teams have managed to win the CL and the league in the same season. United 99 and 08.
I personally can't wait till Guardiola leaves. City's downfall will be so satisfying.
Well the only way I see him leaving is days like today with a different result coupled with a collapse of league position and oh yes a earlier than expected departure from the CL. But people are somehow against this even though it would help the league to be more competitive.

What competition is there in the PL? The battle for top 4? WOW!
Who said competition = best league? In terms of quality and entertainment, the Premier League, particularly the top 6, shits all over any other league. Serie A is very entertaining but lacks quality from top to bottom. The other leagues have one very good quality team and the rest are average to shite.

What competition is there in the PL? The battle for top 4? WOW!
The same level of competition I would say of an era where a certain team won 13 of the first 21 premier league titles, including 7 of the first 9!!

Liverpool need to beat Chelsea and I think they will

If they don't then I can't see City being caught

How many league titles will City be on after this? Silver lining is Liverpool will still be on 19.

The United treble winning team would disagree.
We’ve never had a team this dominant I’m afraid. The treble achievement is still something to hold onto but our record that season wasn’t that outstanding in the league.

We’ve never had a team this dominant I’m afraid. The treble achievement is still something to hold onto but our record that season wasn’t that outstanding in the league.
Football is competently different now but that doesn’t mean this team is better. That’s just modern revisionism, they have done nothing in Europe in an era when the competition is shite.

We have. We went on a long stretch of seasons where we either won it or lost it on goal difference, 1 point etc.

Who said competition = best league? In terms of quality and entertainment, the Premier League, particularly the top 6, shits all over any other league. Serie A is very entertaining but lacks quality from top to bottom. The other leagues have one very good quality team and the rest are average to shite.

But all that ultimately matters so little if the league is effectively over by January.

We have. We went on a long stretch of seasons where we either won it or lost it on goal difference, 1 point etc.
We’ve never accumulated the points they have nor scored the amount of goals they’ve scored. It’s utterly depressing to me.

arsenals team in 99 were a few kicks away from doing the double themselves and were a great team

United proved to be better in the end & won the following leagues easily too the year of the 6-1 we pretty much had it wrapped in February

We’ve never accumulated the points they have nor scored the amount of goals they’ve scored. It’s utterly depressing to me.
All eras are different. They may have a higher points total but it’s different pressures. You used to be able to ease your way into a season and save legs for after Christmas as an example. The amount of league wins coupled with CL semi final / final appearances attest to that. Plus that was na era of CL having a wider quality of teams in it.
That’s something City have never replicated and maybe that because they go from game one to the end in league football

City were awful today. Very lucky to walk away with 3 points. The late winner felt like quite a defining moment in the title race to keep the momentum in this winning run. Arguably the toughest away game left in the City fixture list ticked off and now we can route for Chelsea to take some points from Liverpool to push the gap from 6 to 8 points (assuming all games in hand won).

The sports-washing project and their apologists and appeasers are ending the year and starting another at the top of the table. The cheating referees don't help the situation. It is unfortunate.
It's not going to get any better with Newcastle joining them in the years to come.

Massive win for City. Now they can have a 2 week break, before their next match against Chelsea. (If they play their reserves against Swindon in the cup).

Where is this nonsense coming from? The 08 team was a single gash referee performance against Portsmouth (and an absurd amount of luck on their side) to win the treble. City have impressed domestically, but you can't be the best team when you have achieved nothing out of that tiny little bubble.

Mourinho dominated the Spanish league and achieved record points with his Madrid. I doubt anyone here is going to argue that it's the greatest team in La Liga's history, especially over Guardiola's team.

If we can't win the Title then i really don't care who wins it each season.. so long as it's not Liverpool.. I cannot stomach the odious, self-entitled, whiny, bin dipping supporters.. :devil:

City now have gone away to Liverpool,Chelsea,Arsenal,Spurs,United and Leicester. Even if they were 6 points off the top they could still be optimistic after that.

Liverpool need to beat Chelsea and I think they will

If they don't then I can't see City being caught
So you're saying... if Liverpool beat Chelsea, Liverpool can catch City?

You're aware of the African Cup of Nations and the massive disparity in the squads?

By February, the gap between them, even starting from a zero, will be insurmountable. One squad can play on without Grealish, Foden and Gundogon featuring, the other is a Salah injury or drop in form away from falling back into the pack.

City are doing what such a disparate squad is supposed to do in a league format, which is pull away due to the ability to absorb/negate multiple absences at any one time; no one should be able to catch them organically and it'll take another super squad to keep pace with them over a campaign.

I don't know what Pep gets praise for in that context, really.

No idea why you're sweating on the result of the peasants 11 and 12 points behind you :lol:

Liverpool have 2 games in hand, so 6 points would put it at 6 points and we have to play you guys in 2 weeks You win tomorrow and at the Etihad and its 5 points.
LIverpool win tomorrow and you win at the Etihad and it could well be essentially 3 points (providing Liverpool win their back game)

We've also been crazy lucky recently with the Wolves pen, the Ederson potential pens (2 in recent games), Xhaka brainfart, Gabriel brainfart. We could well be 4 or 5 points worse off if things hadnt fallen our way

If we can't win the Title then i really don't care who wins it each season.. so long as it's not Liverpool.. I cannot stomach the odious, self-entitled, whiny, bin dipping supporters.. :devil:

until city match our 13 PL titles and a couple champions league. Then see how it feels

So you're saying... if Liverpool beat Chelsea, Liverpool can catch City?

You're aware of the African Cup of Nations and the massive disparity in the squads?

By February, the gap between them, even starting from a zero, will be insurmountable. One squad can play on without Grealish, Foden and Gundogon featuring, the other is a Salah injury or drop in form away from falling back into the pack.

City are doing what such a disparate squad is supposed to do in a league format, which is pull away due to the ability to absorb/negate multiple absences at any one time; no one should be able to catch them organically and it'll take another super squad to keep pace with them over a campaign.

I don't know what Pep gets praise for in that context, really.

I'm saying there's a chance if they can hang on to the coat tails. A small chance.

I don't think they will be caught but there's always a chance

My preferences for the league title:

Man United
Anyone but Liverpool or City
Anyone but Liverpool

I had my hopes set on the first one but I'm now content with settling on my third choice.

Utd 2008 the best ever PL team. Not seen anything that compares. Squad was seriously stacked & did the business in a much more competitive League & Europe.
I think it's very close between those 2, I think City at their best is a little better than 2008.

until city match our 13 PL titles and a couple champions league. Then see how it feels

It'll be a long time before City match our 20X League Titles.. 12X FA Cups... 3X Champs League'European Cup.. Cheers.. You must clueless not know the difference in our rivalry & hatred of Liverpool and the Dippers as opposed to City and the Berties..

I'm saying there's a chance if they can hang on to the coat tails. A small chance.

I don't think they will be caught but there's always a chance
Unfortunately, that same spirit is what gives City more merit than they deserve when it comes to league campaigns.

Until we have super squads going at one another, the chance is based on hope and fan-fiction as a top-class coach with a squad that takes 6's and 7's out at the same time to feel the impact real squads do in 1's and 2's is never going to feel the effects others do and will always power through these periods barely impacted whilst others flail trying to catch their vapour trails.

I'd like to see at any one point from now until the end of the season, another team amass more points than City in a single calendar month. And not because Pep's a god, but rather, City's rotation is so vast they'll always be the freshest of the lot.

/dark cloud

We won 13/20 PL under SAF, but almost none of those were decided before late April. This is ridiculous and it's damaging the league. It might be a combination of Pep and Abu Dhabi's power, but if it carries on after Pep leaves then something has to be done.

Probably lowering the league to 18 teams and having a playoff cuarter finals two legged games, 1st vs 8th, 2nd vs 7th and so on. So the expectation stands until may.

I'd rather have a normal long season but FIFA and UEFA would have to put economical limits to the juggernaut teams, and that's not looking likely. In fact they seem to be happy with the way football is going, doing a shite world cup in Qatar.

Reactions: oates
We won 13/20 PL under SAF, but almost none of those were decided before late April. This is ridiculous and it's damaging the league. It might be a combination of Pep and Abu Dhabi's power, but if it carries on after Pep leaves then something has to be done.

Probably lowering the league to 18 teams and having a playoff cuarter finals two legged games, 1st vs 8th, 2nd vs 7th and so on. So the expectation stands until may.

I'd rather have a normal long season but FIFA and UEFA would have to put economical limits to the juggernaut teams, and that's not looking likely. In fact they seem to be happy with the way football is going, doing a shite world cup in Qatar.
The three best premier league title races of the last 10 years have been 2012, 2014 and 2019. All of which we won.

I've come to the conclusion that no one will win another premier league besides City until Pep goes away. Hopefully that's at the end of next year when his contract expires.

But their consistency along with their squad depth is nearly impossible to match.