Paul Pogba

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have to be prepared to pay crazy money for the players we want. What good is it having a wad of money in the bank if you're not going to spend it?

Why couldn't we make him an offer he couldn't refuse? Now, that oversight may end up costing us north of £40m. Come on Dwayne it's not as if we were blessed with great midfielders at the time.

I agree completely but for whatever reason our offer didn't meet his needs, probably in terms of cash and guaranteed playing time.

I agree completely but for whatever reason our offer didn't meet his needs, probably in terms of cash and guaranteed playing time.

I think by the time we were offering a new contract he'd already made his mind up. We gave him a few sub appearances in pointless games at the start of the season, but that was about it. The only thing we could have done to convince him to stay would have been to actually play him and put faith in him, but for once we chose not to risk it with youngsters and this is what happened.

Why couldn't we make him an offer he couldn't refuse? Now, that oversight may end up costing us north of £40m. Come on Dwayne it's not as if we were blessed with great midfielders at the time.
Surely he (or his agent) got a massive signing on from Juve that would have blown any offer out of the water?

18 months later it looks (to me at least) like he's being hocked around for another move. Looks very much like agent play to me, probably looking for a pay rise.

Either way, I'll eat my hat if he comes back to Utd.

Surely he (or his agent) got a massive signing on from Juve that would have blown any offer out of the water?

18 months later it looks (to me at least) like he's being hocked around for another move. Looks very much like agent play to me, probably looking for a pay rise.

Either way, I'll eat my hat if he comes back to Utd.

Let's be honest his never going to be considered the worlds best midfielder playing in the Italian league.

Let's be honest his never going to be considered the worlds best midfielder playing in the Italian league.

Didn't do Zidane too much harm but fair point.

Probably wont make him the richest either though.

I have always seen him moving to Madrid in the future. The PSG link obviously sounds about right but really, I think he will stay a Juve for a few seasons.

Really????? We both know what i meant.

Come on mate, he's what 20 and looks all set to be heading to his third club already, even though none of his previous clubs wanted rid.... all in the name of advancing his career. He moved from Utd for playing time, now he's getting playing time and looks to be moving again, this time presumably to become the best MF in the world.. right... I'm sure the wages, signing on bonus' and agents fees don't come into it at all.

That you were trying to make the most moronic comment possible?

His not staying at Juventus and the best clubs tend to offer the most money. There's nothin moronic about it what so ever.

His not staying at Juventus and the best clubs tend to offer the most money. There's nothin moronic about it what so ever.

You don't think for minute that these clubs offering the best money might be the main reason he's not staying at Juve? Who presumably offered the best money when he left Utd.

I'd pay the 50 million. We'll sell him for more than that after he bosses our midfield for a couple of seasons.

Probably remember his lifelong dream has always been to be paid 300k a week by Realcelona.

And we'd have to protect ourselves in relation to that with a strong contract. Worse case scenario is that we make a profit after a few good years. I'd have no problem with that right now.

Juve have insisted firmly that he won't be leaving in january yet many on here still try to believe that it can happen.....he'll go to real or psg in the summer...it's that simple really

You said he'd never be considered the best midfielder in the world while playing in Serie A. I'm not sure what money or anything has to even do with anything. It's a truly bizarre comment.

Because I refute the claims that he made the "right decision". Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he made a bad decision or the wrong decision, I think he made a good decision that would have been equally as good a decision had he stayed.

Fair enough, you're entitled to your opinion.

I disagree though. You can't say what would have happened had he stayed - so there is little point thinking about it. But he wasn't looking like being a regular immediately - if he had been surely the club would have fought tooth and nail to keep him? As it was it seems Fergie thought, for whatever reason, that he wasnt ready - the lack of game time even before the contract issues show that.

You said he'd never be considered the best midfielder in the world while playing in Serie A. I'm not sure what money or anything has to even do with anything. It's a truly bizarre comment.

The comment is true! The league is not good enough.

Can you honestly seeing us going and spending over 50m on him though?

It's not happening.

All depends how desperate we are. The club seemed willing to spend massive money on Bale in the summer if you believe what's been reported.

Probably unlikely that we'll sign big players in January, but I'd say that we've got a chance of signing a lot of top class players once the summer roles round. if the money is available as we're regularly being told.

Vidal, though not as talented, would be a Zidane type signing in terms of money. One of the best midfielder in the world moving from a very good club to a very rich club.

£50m on this kid to sort out our problems for a couple of seasons, then flog him to PSG / Madrid for £120m. I'd be happy with that - he's already one of the best in the world.

Won't happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.