Paul Pogba - Juventus player | ban reduced - able to play competitively from March 2025

Also, the part about the blue hair with Man City cracked me up. Is he too stupid to realise the problem was that he was heavily rumoured to be wanted by (and open to joining?) City at the time?

Doesn't matter what this bellend says or does, he'll always be known as a cheating drug user.
Surprised anyone will want to take him on.
Next stop: Celebrity Big Brother.

He came back and the first thing he does is to talk about United. I feel sorry for the guy. He must have a lot of regret and thinks he could have done way better. I don't agree with that but I can empathize with it. His past expectation is eating himself from the inside.

He doesn’t talk about our club with much affection. Comes across as a right twat.
How many ‘good’ players signed post 2013 talk about United with any affection?

Sanchez? Sancho? Pogba? Di Maria? Just to name a few of those who clearly weren’t here for football reasons.

The common factor, we had a man with a Disneyland dream handing out the biggest contract in football.

I don't understand why people are so bitter towards him and other players. We've become a graveyard for talented players. We'll ruin anyone who comes here. There is no player who can't be made to look like a league 2 player at United but let's continue to berate each and every one of them.

This fanbase is so angry and bitter these days :lol: I get it in a way because we’re shit, but practically every ex player of ours gets so much bile thrown their way.

It was obvious Pogba wanted out, our shite board should have acted accordingly and helped everyone out.

That’s one has been and two never beens.

You don't get it. SAF won the league comfortably with Cleverley in midfield. He did so not because he wanted to make his life difficult by playing a low EPL table level player but because Cleverley with his workrate provided balance to an ageing Carrick and an ancient Scholes. Balance had always been the key to success. When SAF added Ronaldo he made sure he surrounded him with ample runners (Tevez, Rooney, Park and Gaz) to cover for the Portuguese lack of workrate.

That balance is what United lack and its the reason why our players perform well with their national side but play horribly with us. We're so absorbed into the manager's whacky tactics/philosophies that we've forget the very basis of success.

A- Every player have his strengths and weaknesses. We have to take those into account and the only thing that categorize a player between a success to a failure is that his strengths outweigh his weaknesses
B- If a player has X weakness then somewhere along the line that need to be addressed by someone else. Else that weakness will one day be noticed and once that happens it would be exploited up until the manager's head is on the chopping block.

How many ‘good’ players signed post 2013 talk about United with any affection?

Sanchez? Sancho? Pogba? Di Maria? Just to name a few of those who clearly weren’t here for football reasons.

The common factor, we had a man with a Disneyland dream handing out the biggest contract in football.

Herrera, Mata, Fellaini (I say they were all good, but obviously far from great). Probably a few more as well some of ones still at the club I imagine.

But that’s not to say I don’t agree with your point, those types of signings you mentioned were a huge part of the problem.

We should rehire Pogba and Lingard, not as players but as Champions of having fun. The place seems like a morgue otherwise. Let’s dance, dab and change hairstyles on our way to the league title

Can't decide whether Pogba or Sancho is my most disliked United player of the more recent era.

He came back and the first thing he does is to talk about United. I feel sorry for the guy. He must have a lot of regret and thinks he could have done way better. I don't agree with that but I can empathize with it. His past expectation is eating himself from the inside.
Why is that a surprise? Firstly, it's an interview by the British media and he has spent the majority of his career at United. A lot has been said about his time by fans and media alike. If he wasn't asked about United, it would be strange.

Pogba was a decent player who could have, but never was, in anything other than flashes, brilliant. I'm not sure how saying 'I didn't want to honour my contract and couldn't be arsed in the end' helps. I think he's perhaps looking for an excuse for why his light didn't burn twice as bright, but did burn half as long.

Pogba was a decent player who could have, but never was, in anything other than flashes, brilliant.

This was the problem, playing decent every other 5/6 games isnt remotely near good enough, and that was the case with him.

Did I read he denied Rooney's dancing story to be true?? . Rooney & Rio not gonna make that up just for the Overlap/ gossip. Plus theres countless videos of him dancing about like a clown.

Its a shame he couldn't revive his career elsewhere, but he'll always be a player we left it far too long to get rid.

Ill repeat what i said for years pulling my hair out watching him at OT, Ive never seen a player that needs so many 'conditions' to get a performance out of him. He just wasnt good enough most of the time.

Talks about hating to lose, then 5 mins after a defeat will be in the changing rooms dabbing with Lingard. I just cannot take these guys seriously, sorry.
What is his supposed to do then ? What's the blueprint for when you lose a game ? Cause at that point the damage is done and the rest is just PR irrelevancy

You don't get it. SAF won the league comfortably with Cleverley in midfield. He did so not because he wanted to make his life difficult by playing a low EPL table level player but because Cleverley with his workrate provided balance to an ageing Carrick and an ancient Scholes. Balance had always been the key to success. When SAF added Ronaldo he made sure he surrounded him with ample runners (Tevez, Rooney, Park and Gaz) to cover for the Portuguese lack of workrate.

That balance is what United lack and its the reason why our players perform well with their national side but play horribly with us. We're so absorbed into the manager's whacky tactics/philosophies that we've forget the very basis of success.

A- Every player have his strengths and weaknesses. We have to take those into account and the only thing that categorize a player between a success to a failure is that his strengths outweigh his weaknesses
B- If a player has X weakness then somewhere along the line that need to be addressed by someone else. Else that weakness will one day be noticed and once that happens it would be exploited up until the manager's head is on the chopping block.
Fergie could afford to have passengers like Cleverley and Gibson playing important games because the core of the team around them was still made up of Carrick, Scholes, Giggs, Rooney, Valencia and later Van Persie. We don’t have anywhere near that kind of quality or commitment in any position right now and the closest we have is Bruno. You start noticing the holes in your lawn when you cut the grass short. Balance is not what made Van De Beek flop, he was just not very good. Mount is a deluxe version of him.

Can't decide whether Pogba or Sancho is my most disliked United player of the more recent era.
I don't understand how it's even a question.

Pogba was one of our better players for his first four years, and while he was inconsistent he was no more inconsistent than any other player. It's just that he was held to a far higher standard than every other player on the team, so Pogba would get criticism for the same level of performance that others would get away with fine (or even be applauded for). Injuries destroyed him in his last two seasons so he was mostly bad during them.

Sancho was a childish prick who was extremely unprofessional and never performed on the pitch. He got a fraction of the criticism from the manager, media and fans than Pogba did, but it was still too much for him and he blew up his relationship with the club to a far worse degree than Pogba ever did to the extent that he basically wrote off an entire season because he preferred to stay home and play FIFA.

Pogba certainly deserved some criticism, but to even put him in the same ballpark as Sancho blows my mind.

Doesn't matter what this bellend says or does, he'll always be known as a cheating drug user.
Surprised anyone will want to take him on.
Next stop: Celebrity Big Brother.

After having read the CAS review and subsequent reduction of his ban Im honestly convinced he is nearly without fault. His case is corroborated by several expert witnesses and even CAS, the review board infamous for pulling absolutely no punches, agreed with the findings. The only reason he was not aquitted outright is because he as an athlete have a personal responsibility for anything that goes inside his body, even if its prescribed by Sports Doctor Jesus SuperExpert, and he had no realistic way of denying assurances from a medical professional who is an expert in his field with a big professional clientbase.

Im probably in the minority but I think Pogba both cares deeply and wants to do well. His image here is in great parts smeared because of his agent. The hate the player gets on here is outright unhealthy and for most parts unwarranted

Fergie could afford to have passengers like Cleverley and Gibson playing important games because the core of the team around them was still made up of Carrick, Scholes, Giggs, Rooney, Valencia and later Van Persie. We don’t have anywhere near that kind of quality or commitment in any position right now and the closest we have is Bruno. You start noticing the holes in your lawn when you cut the grass short. Balance is not what made Van De Beek flop, he was just not very good. Mount is a deluxe version of him.

Cleverley was anything but a passenger. Sure he was technically weak but his superb work rate provided the legs that old CM needed. That team was geared solely on squeezing the last gram of juice from a technically superb but ageing side. We played a painfully boring football (ok not to the extent of LVG's football or ETH's football against Villa) with loads of mature heads out there who created a limited but still significant amount of chances for RVP to score.

Fast forward time and that's exactly what we lack. We play a RB as a LB because the England national team full timer and ETH's protegee are always injured, Martinez is the pocket sized version of De Ligt (both are very aggressive, ball playing CBs that aren't gifted with tons of pace), Mazraoui is good but he's injury prone, in midfield Casemiro is ancient and we lack the midfield for a single pivot (neither Ugarte nor Casemiro are good enough for that role), Mainoo is still too young, Eriksen/Mount are 10s playing as an 8 and Bruno is another no 10. On the flanks we've got Garnacho and Rashford who think that they are Cristiano Ronaldo (in terms of workrate) but has 1/10 of his talent while no one cares who we got upfront simply because the ball is not going there.

This obsession with playing two no 10s in CM is stupid. You need a Rodri or a prime Keane for that. We don't have that and even if there was a Keane or a Rodri around we would probably not afford it

Blimey, we’ve had such unbelievably talented bellends at this club recently. Potential world class players who lack discipline.

He was amazing under Ole, particuallary during Ole's 1st year. I remember thinking it was a joy to actually watch Pobga play.

Cleverley was anything but a passenger. Sure he was technically weak but his superb work rate provided the legs that old CM needed. That team was geared solely on squeezing the last gram of juice from a technically superb but ageing side. We played a painfully boring football (ok not to the extent of LVG's football or ETH's football against Villa) with loads of mature heads out there who created a limited but still significant amount of chances for RVP to score.

Fast forward time and that's exactly what we lack. We play a RB as a LB because the England national team full timer and ETH's protegee are always injured, Martinez is the pocket sized version of De Ligt (both are very aggressive, ball playing CBs that aren't gifted with tons of pace), Mazraoui is good but he's injury prone, in midfield Casemiro is ancient and we lack the midfield for a single pivot (neither Ugarte nor Casemiro are good enough for that role), Mainoo is still too young, Eriksen/Mount are 10s playing as an 8 and Bruno is another no 10. On the flanks we've got Garnacho and Rashford who think that they are Cristiano Ronaldo (in terms of workrate) but has 1/10 of his talent while no one cares who we got upfront simply because the ball is not going there.

This obsession with playing two no 10s in CM is stupid. You need a Rodri or a prime Keane for that. We don't have that and even if there was a Keane or a Rodri around we would probably not afford it
I think we agree on most things except Cleverley. Fergusons late stage teams were adept at making very few mistakes and punishing opponents severely for their mistakes. He solved the premier league winning algorithm by around 2006 and kept spamming it even after losing the quality of Ronaldo. This on the contrary is a side that makes a lot of mistakes on the ball, invites pressure, lacks workrate and then struggles to finish chances even when winning the ball in good areas.

Regarding Celverley, he was still around for Moyes in a side that was relatively unchanged outside of Scholes retiring and stuck out like a sore thumb week after week, forcing Moyes to play a center back like Jones to have that exact work rate you’re talking about him offering while not being an utter liability on the ball.

I think we agree on most things except Cleverley. Fergusons late stage teams were adept at making very few mistakes and punishing opponents severely for their mistakes. He solved the premier league winning algorithm by around 2006 and kept spamming it even after losing the quality of Ronaldo. This on the contrary is a side that makes a lot of mistakes on the ball, invites pressure, lacks workrate and then struggles to finish chances even when winning the ball in good areas.

Regarding Celverley, he was still around for Moyes in a side that was relatively unchanged outside of Scholes retiring and stuck out like a sore thumb week after week, forcing Moyes to play a center back like Jones to have that exact work rate you’re talking about him offering while not being an utter liability on the ball.

Moyes inherited a squad that was barely held together by sticky tape. He refused to listen to SAF's advice to keep the old man's men (who knew exactly how that squad operated and what made it tick) and would double down on it by taking an almost secret police attitude were Lumsden would go around players while giving no feedback whatsoever only to vanish in Moyes office for hours. The passing joke within Carrington's corridors at the time was 'what the feck Lumsden did?" As no one, not even United coaches who survived the handover knew what Lumsden did. Needless to say that such attitude went down on the players like a lead balloon. Many knew that their career was close to the end, they had already won enough, they were struggling with SAF's departure and while they would still give their best for a competent manager they wouldn't do that at the price of a life altering injury. Cause let's face it an amateur manager is already a risk for someone who is in his prime let alone for a 34 year something player who had spent the past decade and a half getting battered on the football pitch. No one wants to end up limping for the rest of his life because he was mismanaged.

I don't understand why people are so bitter towards him and other players. We've become a graveyard for talented players. We'll ruin anyone who comes here. There is no player who can't be made to look like a league 2 player at United but let's continue to berate each and every one of them.
It’s funny isn’t it. Players used to leave here and we’d either support them on their journey after or forget about them the second they leave.

Now you have a bunch of fans basically hate-watching ex players. AWB makes an error for West Ham for example and you see posters getting giddy about that. Say AWB doesn’t speak positively about United, those same fans would be calling him a cnut.

Pogba was just telling the truth, why on earth would he want to come back here. We’ve gotten worse since he left.

This fanbase is so angry and bitter these days :lol: I get it in a way because we’re shit, but practically every ex player of ours gets so much bile thrown their way.

It was obvious Pogba wanted out, our shite board should have acted accordingly and helped everyone out.
Some right weirdos on here who are frothing at the mouth Souness style whenever his name is uttered. Pogba was our best player for a few years. At his best, a joy to watch. He had magic in his boots.

Pogba was doomed the moment we brought Bruno. We also ruined VDB career and unless injuries ruins him first then we'll probably do the same with Mount. This two no 10s nonsense needs to stop.

He was able to ply a proper midfield role for France. He didnt put in the same effort without the ball for us

Pogba was doomed the moment we brought Bruno. We also ruined VDB career and unless injuries ruins him first then we'll probably do the same with Mount. This two no 10s nonsense needs to stop.
Pogba spent most of his time here trying to leave. The club knew he wanted out, you couldnt avoid the circus. Bruno was a creative replacement

He was able to ply a proper midfield role for France. He didnt put in the same effort without the ball for us
Yes and no.

France normally played Pogba with two hard working midfielders beside him. Sometimes in a three man midfield, sometimes with one of those players who were central midfielders by trade pushed out onto the wing. Meanwhile when Pogba wasn't playing they were much more likely to just use two midfielders with two attacking wingers, so it was obviously done with Pogba's limitations in mind.

So even France, next to Kante himself, in the much slower international matches, in a team that normally had a massive talent advantage over their opposition, rarely played Pogba in a normal two man midfield like we spent most of his time here trying to use him in.

In saying that, Pogba probably was more focused for France than he was for us. A handful of cup games every couple of years is very different than two games a week over a season though.

Every man and his dog knows that Pogba plays like a child. Scholes said it and Pogba himself admitted that the deeper he plays the less effective he becomes. He needs experienced players at his back to do the dirty work for him and to keep him under control

Every man and his dog knows that Pogba plays like a child. Scholes said it and Pogba himself admitted that the deeper he plays the less effective he becomes. He needs experienced players at his back to do the dirty work for him and to keep him under control

The problem is you watch him for France playing as a deep midfielder in tournaments and hes winning the ball, competing in the air and all the rest. On a week to week basis at United we didnt see that

He was amazing under Ole, particuallary during Ole's 1st year. I remember thinking it was a joy to actually watch Pobga play.
I'd say there were three spells where he was really really good - the time you mention with Matic and Herrera doing the legwork, the lockdown period where him and Bruno really seemed to have worked something out, and a brief period after that where he found himself playing left wing.

His last 18 months were a bit comical, to be kind.