Oscar dos Santos Emboaba Júnior

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/s...tarlet-oscar-confirms-chelsea-medical?cc=5901

Brazil midfielder Oscar has undertaken a medical with Chelsea whilst in England, but insists he has not yet signed a contract with the Champions League winners.

The Internacional playmaker has been linked with a £25 million move to Stamford Bridge, but is adamant he will decide his future after his national team duties have been completed.

"I only had a meeting with the doctor, nothing else," Oscar said. "I didn't sign any contract yet and I will wait until the end of the Olympic games to decide my future.

"All Brazilian players have this dream. I have, like everybody the dream to play in Europe and the Premier League."

Oscar joined Internacional from Sao Paulo in 2009 and last summer scored a hat-trick in the Under-20 World Cup final as Brazil beat Portugal.

He told Brazilian reporters he had decided to stay with Internacional earlier in the week, but now seems open to a Chelsea switch.

"It is like a dream for me, participating in the Olympics, it's so important for my career and I hope to win the gold medal here," he said.

"It was a good result tonight [against Team GB] but we also have to improve and grow during the competition to reach the final. I am enjoying, it is not a pressure, I am focussed on the Olympics but want to show the British fans that I can play well here."

Torres

Mata-----------Oscar--------Sturridge

Ramires-------Mikel

Torres

Hazard--------Lampard--------Marin

Meireles-------Essien​

Torres

Mata-----------Oscar--------Sturridge

Ramires-------Mikel

Torres

Hazard--------Lampard--------Marin

Meireles-------Essien​

If United can get RVP and Lucus. This match would definitely be match of the season for a spectator.

Lovely player, not the club I would've preferred him landing at but it is what it is...There might just be something special with this kid

Are the Chelsea fans happy enough to get Oscar instead of Lucas? Obviously it's not an either/or choice, but still.

I wouldn't be much bothered about them (or you) getting Lucas I am unhappy about Oscar.

He impressed you that much in one game?

Why wasn't United in the running for the player?...Or were they and simply outbid?

In fairness whenever Oscar's played out wide he hasn't been great. If he's not a winger we don't want him.

Would definitely like him here myself although the fee's excessive. Sadly there's never been a mention of him in the English media beyond links to Chelsea and Spurs, as far as I know. Spurs fans will be gutted they missed out on him in a few months.

Are the Chelsea fans happy enough to get Oscar instead of Lucas? Obviously it's not an either/or choice, but still.

No knowing too much about either of them, it's hard to say. Lucas seems more direct and explosive but Oscar is a calmer, more creative type. Is that fair?

The fact I know bugger all about Marin (who looked pretty exciting in our 1st friendly), De Bruyne or Hazard does not help.

We do seem very well stocked in the creative midfield department all of a sudden and lacking in depth up front.

I don't know how to answer that mainly because they are two different players with different skillets.

Lucas is a great talent, fast and a direct dribbler who undoubtedly has his weaknesses-mainly a head down dribbler and has a rawness to his game and needs to understands when to use his teammates to his advantage in a match.

My feeling is that he could overcome his flaws or become a player of moments for most past of his career, my bet is on the latter.

Oscar who I have watched very little I feel is a pass and move player, good understanding of how the play develops and I feel in addition to being a central attacking midfielder can dictate games as well, a unique skill set imo.

I still don't know how to answer your question because I would like us to have both of them but considering we got Hazard I think Oscar is the one I would choose.

I would be interested to know what you think of Oscar and how you see him developing.

Oscar's the one you needed in my view, there was always that gap for a Modric type to dictate things from the middle and Mata/Hazard are never going to be that. It's a lot of money for someone who's proven so little though.

Oscar's the one you needed in my view, there was always that gap for a Modric type to dictate things from the middle and Mata/Hazard are never going to be that. It's a lot of money for someone who's proven so little though.

That's my concern as well but that's how the situation is in Brazil, the economy is stronger and clubs are not as they were before, similar situation with United and Lucas.

feck knows how much Neymar is going to go for unless he adheres to that 2014 contract that is of course if he lives up to the hype first of all.

I like how Chelsea have shifted their sights to Belgium recently, that place is littered with youth talents.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/s...r-transfer-to-chelsea-'very-advanced'?cc=5901

Internacional president Giovanni Luigi has confirmed playmaker Oscar's potential move to Chelsea is in a "very advanced" stage.

Oscar, 20, is currently in England with Brazil's Olympic team preparing for the London 2012 Games.

The midfielder has been linked to a £25 million move to Stamford Bridge throughout the summer, and late last week confirmed he has already undergone a medical.

Reports in Oscar's homeland claim a deal will be finalised this Friday, and Internacional's chief confirmed the transfer is on the verge of completion, with just one hurdle still to be overcome.

"The situation is very advanced, but not finalised yet," Luigi told Terra. "Oscar has to get his work permit. He needs to have a certain amount of caps to play in England, but I don't believe that will be a problem."

Luigi did not confirm the £25 million price tag but did admit Oscar's former club Sao Paulo would receive a percentage of the transfer fee.

"I won't confirm the value, but I can guarantee it wasn't in pounds. No cross-border negotiation is made in pounds - it's either Euros or dollars," Luigi said. "I have also reached an agreement with Sao Paulo over their part. It's Chelsea that will pay that, not Internacional."

Oscar and his Brazil team-mates will open their Olympic campaign in Cardiff on Thursday evening when they take on Egypt.

No knowing too much about either of them, it's hard to say. Lucas seems more direct and explosive but Oscar is a calmer, more creative type. Is that fair?

The fact I know bugger all about Marin (who looked pretty exciting in our 1st friendly), De Bruyne or Hazard does not help.

We do seem very well stocked in the creative midfield department all of a sudden and lacking in depth up front.

Torres will score 40 next season ;)

In Brazil, prospect wise:

Neymar > Oscar > Lucas > Ganso.

I still have my doubts about Oscar.

Some don't know his full story, since having a legal battle with São Paulo (being a product from their academy), being held for a long time, for form was shit for quite a long time, then got great performances at Inter, then Seleção, but I'm still waiting to see more from him.

I even think I wrote about him, on the Neymar thread.

Imo, his perfomances for Brazil on the last friendlies were better than probably 90% of his games at Inter. That fueled all the turmoil of his transfer.
Before that, you almost didn't hear about him in the status we do today.

Vickery said he has improved a lot in the last 6 months or so.. Young players do that.
Still gambling on potential, but he is very young.. Inconsistency shouldnt really be a surprise.

It's going to be tough winning the PL with Chelsea looking to buy it again this season. Still think they need a striker and some cover at the back but they seem intent on buying as many attack minded midfielders as possible.

Chelsea certainly won't be able to park the bus with these flair players in the squad though.

They are buying a lot of technically gifted footballers. Problem with that is, many are just promise and may need a full season to prove themselves in the Premier League. As we've seen with Arsenal the last few seasons, you can an abundance of talent but experience is just as important -- I'd expect Di Matteo to make subtle changes, not a massive overhaul.

I doubt Chelsea will win the league, but will be thereabouts.

Status
Not open for further replies.