Oscar dos Santos Emboaba Júnior

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brilliant, this will probably drive up the price for Moura. /muppet mode

So many clubs are just sticking two fingers up to the FFP regulations now, it's clearly going to fall flat.

So many clubs are just sticking two fingers up to the FFP regulations now, it's clearly going to fall flat.

Chelsea can afford this and pass FFP. They're one of the clubs who are actually workiing towards FFP with signs shown that they are trying to reduce their wage bill, and also they're clearly trying to ship out players they don't need.

As of now Chelsea can sign Hazard and Oscar and make it under FFP rulings. They just got abotu 63 million for winning the champions league!

FFP is a joke, no club could afford the obscene transfer spending of the last 18 months, never mind Chelsea.

They just earned about 60 million from one year in the CL mate. It's the way it is now.

Yeah, but it's not 60 million on top of what they'd earn from the average CL season, it's just the high end of earnings from a season's participation. Chelsea were edging towards becoming self-sufficient, and then 18 months ago they appeared to be struggling to get back in the top 4, and since then the club has spent 170 million pounds on player transfers. If you think that's paid for by the club's income then you're off your rocker, it's Roman, as per usual.

They just earned about 60 million from one year in the CL mate. It's the way it is now.

They earned nearly £40m last year though, didn't they? I don't think that the Champions League cash-boost alone is enough to fund the huge transfer fees and even bigger wages.

They earned nearly £40m last year though, didn't they? I don't think that the Champions League cash-boost alone is enough to fund the huge transfer fees and even bigger wages.

I don't think Hazard, Marin and Oscar will be on very high wages. Hazard probably but I imagine Oscar won't be on more than £60k or £70k a week. They've released Drogba, Bosingwa, Anelka and Kalou this year and it looks like Malouda might be on his way out as well which must have spared them £300k a week or more.

Yep and they got£46.8M this year not £60M.

I don't think Hazard, Marin and Oscar will be on very high wages. Hazard probably but I imagine Oscar won't be on more than £60k or £70k a week. They've released Drogba, Bosingwa, Anelka and Kalou this year and it looks like Malouda might be on his way out as well which must have spared them £300k a week or more.

Every player coming in will be on big signing on fees spread over the life of their contract, so you'd think they'll still be quite a bit worse off than they were.

Their net spend for the last year and a half is now more than all but four clubs (City, Liverpool, United and Spurs) have spent in the entire PL era. It's only because we have City being even bigger cheats that we forget what a monstrosity Chelsea are.

They have made huge strides to being able to get into FFP with

a) The win in the CL which has netted them 60 million euros (about 49 million)

b) The extra 20 million tv money a year

c) Slashing their wage bill

Hazard signed for 32 million over say five years? That's only about 7 million loss a year in accounting terms. The clear signs Chelsea were worried about FFP came when they started trying to cut their wage bill.

Slashing their wage bill by adding Luiz, Torres, Mata, Romeu, Lukaku, Meireles, Courtois, Marin, Hazard and Cahill in the last 18 months? Get real.

Either the FFP bite Chelski hard, or the FFP are totally meaningless.

There are no other options.

Slashing their wage bill by adding Luiz, Torres, Mata, Romeu, Lukaku, Meireles, Courtois, Marin, Hazard and Cahill in the last 18 months? Get real.

Yes.

They've lost Drogba, Kalou, Bosingwa,Zhirkov, Anelka, cole, deco, ballack and Carvalho in the last two years. Probably Bosingwa as well.

Edit: Malouda as well.

Yes.

They've lost Drogba, Kalou, Bosingwa,Zhirkov, Anelka, cole, deco, ballack and Carvalho in the last two years. Probably Bosingwa as well.

Drogba, Kalou, Anelka, Cole, Ballack and Deco all left on free transfers. It is all well and good getting them off the wage bill but it isn't the greatest move letting them run down their contracts and leave for nothing.

Drogba, Kalou, Anelka, Cole, Ballack and Deco all left on free transfers. It is all well and good getting them off the wage bill but it isn't the greatest move letting them run down their contracts and leave for nothing.

Those players were all past their best days except Kalou and Chelsea would never have found clubs willing to spend a transfer fee on them +match their Chelsea wages. Just look at the trouble United is having selling Berbatov, teams simply rarely spend a fee on players over 30 these days especially not on players with a huge salary. If United had let Berba walk for free he would have found a new club by now. It seems like United hoped a oil money club like PSG would fork out a few millions on Berba but that so far has failed to happen.

I do agree that Chelsea need to lessen their wage bill, I did not like it when there were strong links for Maicon recently-we can do without him.

The biggest problem with Chelsea is the squad planning-throughout the years we have so many defensive combinations in the squad without realizing that rotation is much more necessary for the front three, thankfully it looks as if we are realizing that.

I already said before in the newbies that FFP is not what it looks like to so many, the best thing I hope it does is that Chelsea starts looking for solutions inside the club.(A good example of which is Bertrand last season after Boas chased Perreira and now I hope we give Sturridge a chance centrally.)

As for Oscar, well from what I hear I find that he is a central attacking midfielder.

Sure he is versatile and hard working but his best position is central, looking forward to see him if he comes here.

Why are chelsea bothering with spending £25m on a highly rated young brazilian, when they've already got one starring for there reserve team?

Lucas Piazon looks very good every time ive seen him, why the hell dont they give him a chance first instead of spunking a load of muppet money on this kid?.

Chelsea are still trying to buy Victor Moses as well, they seem to be stocking up on players.

Oscar barely arrived in London and went straight to the home of Chelsea. Still at Heathrow, the player was released by the Brazilian team to conduct medical examinations in English club and sign the contract. The official announcement should happen in the coming hours. The British press reported on Tuesday that Chelsea paid £ 25 million (U.S. $ 79.2 million) by the Brazilian. midfielder returned to the concentration hours later to join his companions. The GLOBOESPORTE.COM found that the half took the examinations performed during the preparation of the Brazilian team in Rio de Janeiro and was examined by doctors at the Chelsea. The contract time the athlete has not yet been released by the Blues.

The forecast is that the player is presented the new club after the Olympics. He will join three other Brazilians, defender David Luiz, midfielder Ramires and midfielder Lucas Piazon.

The player was pursued by Chelsea, who on Tuesday hit the values ​​of the purchase with the International and Tottenham, which has in its cast the Brazilian Sandro. But the proposal was more advantageous of the Blues and the Colorado persuaded to release the athlete, who recently had acquired the rights to Sao Paulo on behalf of a mess in the courts.

On Wednesday, Oscar held the first activity with the national team on English soil. The team will train canary in Arsenal's training center, which is close to the concentration of the team Mano Menezes. The premiere will be in the Olympics in 26 days, against Egypt, in Cardiff, Wales.

Basically saying that he's been released for medical at Chelsea and will sign for them in next few hours.

Not a done deal yet.

"I can tell you that he's not a Chelsea player so it's difficult for me to talk about a player that doesn't belong to us," the Italian told the club's official website.

"I know there has been speculation we are interested in this player and in due course if there is anything to announce we will do.

"All I would say is that he is a very young talented midfield player."

How stands this lad in comparison with Moura? I think that Moura is more highly rated.

How stands this lad in comparison with Moura? I think that Moura is more highly rated.

Think of Oscar as more of a Kagawa type player, seems a very good finisher and tidy passer, but his pace and trickery are fairly average.

Lucas Moura is alot more explosive, has speed very similar to walcott but has the technique of Nani, but also has the decision making to accompany him.

Most people compare him to Kaka it seems (intelligent, mobile) in terms of Brazilians. Moura seems to have a higher ceiling but much more risk.

That seems to be the concensus.

The Kaka comparison's are a bit off because he simply does not have that vertical pace, best description I can give is that he is a pass and move player.

It reminds me of that Michael Jackson documentary where he's just walking around buying dozens of expensive antiques on a whim.

Status
Not open for further replies.