Oscar dos Santos Emboaba Júnior

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't see the point of this; if they sign Oscar, that would make three players - and three big money signings at that - who prefer to play as number 10s.

This is one of the reasons why social media needs to die.
mail reporting it done deal
ESPN reporting it done deal

"We have received no contact?..."

Whats the bet if Tottenham sign him they will use this bullshit to spin a story "IN A MIRACULOUS REVERSE DOUBLE THRUST INVERTED REVERSE COUP TOTTENHAM HAVE SIGNED OSCAR RIGHT FROM UNDER CHELSEAS NOSES WHO WERE POISED TO SNATCH HIM FROM TOTTENHAM"

The transfer window is now in ruin.

If Chelsea can sort out There defense, they can win the league

LB = Cashley/Bertrand
CB = Ivanovic, Terry, Cahill, Luiz
RB = Ivanovic, Luiz

I'd say they are pretty much sorted.

Their defence, in fact, is the 2nd best in the league (after us), imo, in terms of depth and quality. Their situation is rather similar to ours as well. Ageing LB, not many real RB's, and a mixture of young and rather old CB's, that were world class during their day.

Also, Luiz is much better now, and Ivanovic is damn good. Terry hasn't regressed THAT much, and Cahill is quite good.

City have a very good first choice, Clichy; Kompany, Lescott; Richards/Zabaleta, with Zabaleta being darn good at the end of the season (pretty much pick on form/how Mancini wants to play @ RB) with Zabaleta being able to play on the other flank too, but its wafer thin after those 5 players. Kolarov isn't that bad, but they literally have no CB cover. fecking Kolo Toure and Savic.

Arsenal are decent but they have absolutely no quality at LB, and apart from their first choice, they are again wafer thin across the other 3. Plus, they have NO fullback cover at all.

Tottenham have a reasonably good defence @ first choice, but wafer thin again.

Chelsea also defend as a team (in the CL / backs against the wall) when it REALLY counts, so yeah. Mikel's much better cover too, now.

Again, Chelsea's defence is one of the deepest in club football, and they have a pretty darn solid first choice back line, too. Only Real Madrid and us have more depth out of La Liga and PL. Don't know that much about Serie A / Bundesliga but I don't think the big teams there do, either. Plus Serie A is full of old 34-35 year old defenders!

Overall their first choice is also top 5~ in the world. Plus, Cech on any decent form is world class.

I would say their front line is poor, with Drogba gone and Torres being shiite and Sturridge likely to move on, i think they do need real firepower.

... Tottenham have a reasonably good defence @ first choice, but wafer thin again ....
Our 2nd XI back four would be:

Naughton - Dawson - Caulker - Vertonghen *

* Otherwise Vertongen will be a first choice CB.

By no means can that be reasonably described as "wafer thin" defensive cover.

So you have no actual back up on the right? That's pretty thin then?

surely a fit dawson is first choice

surely a fit dawson is first choice
I wouldn't think so. Kaboul has developed into a really good CB and the Ajax skipper hasn't come to sit on the bench.

All the more so if AVB wants to play a high line - he'll want two CBs who have plenty of pace.

Dawson is solid enough and very good in the air, but he's not that quick.

But this is a thread about you signing Oscar. It's not happening is it?

But this is a thread about you signing Oscar. It's not happening is it?
It's a thread about the possibility of Spurs signing Oscar.

Will it happen? Very probably not, given the prices bandied about in the media: Spurs can't afford to bid 30m odd on a young prospect, however talented they may be.

It's a thread about the possibility of Spurs signing Oscar.

Will it happen? Very probably not, given the prices bandied about in the media: Spurs can't afford to bid 30m odd on a young prospect, however talented they may be.

30m isn't the price bandied anywhere. More like 20m.

30m isn't the price bandied anywhere. More like 20m.
The Mail (for instance) reported a Chelsea bid of 25m, but it doesn't really matter: whether 30m, 25m or even closer to 20m, Spurs aren't in a position to bid that much for a young prospect, however talented.

If we spend a lot on one player this summer it'll most likely be Moutinho.

The Mail (for instance) reported a Chelsea bid of 25m, but it doesn't really matter: whether 30m, 25m or even closer to 20m, Spurs aren't in a position to bid that much for a young prospect, however talented.

If we spend a lot on one player this summer it'll most likely be Moutinho.

It's 25m Euros which is less than 20m Pounds, these days. Anyways you lot spent 16.5m Pounds on 22yr old Modric who was playing in the Croatian League. Are you telling me that after 4 years you can't spent nearly the same amount on a highly talented youngster from Brazil?

It's 25m Euros which is less than 20m Pounds, these days. Anyways you lot spent 16.5m Pounds on 22yr old Modric who was playing in the Croatian League. Are you telling me that after 4 years you can't spent nearly the same amount on a highly talented youngster from Brazil?
No. Plenty of media reports say £25m (pounds). Here's one of several:

"Chelsea are confident of completing the £25m signing of Oscar ..." http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jul/10/chelsea-oscar-brazil-transfer

Modric, when Spurs signed him, was a lot more established and proven than Oscar is now. For example, he'd excelled in many international games, including several against strong teams.

And besides, the difference between 25m and 16.5m is 8.5m ... not an insignificant sum. Moreover, IF Chelski bid 25m I haven't heard that this bid has been accepted ... have you?

Moi? Glaston claimed

'Could be legs in this one I reckon. AVB knows the Brazilian market well'.

I'm just Mr Reality Check here.
Mr. Reality Check :lol:

You talk as if Oscar was Messi, instead of a 20 year-old with seemingly great potential who plays for a club with whom Spurs have an established relationship and from whom Spurs have already signed Sandro.

If Internacional want more money than Spurs are willing to pay, and/or if the player wants to stay in Brazil for the time being, then so be it ... not every "could be" signing turns into a "will be" signing.

I'd have thought that the departure of Fabregas, Nasri, Clichy and now (soon) RvP would have been enough "reality check" for you ... but apparently not.

Abusive relationship? Spurs overpaid for an average wonk like Sandro (kept out the side by bleedin' Parker) and get no say in a talent like Oscar. Total fanny job by the Brazilians, who have a name for that sort of thing.

Abusive relationship? Spurs overpaid for an average wonk like Sandro (kept out the side by bleedin' Parker) and get no say in a talent like Oscar. Total fanny job by the Brazilians, who have a name for that sort of thing.
Yet again your blind spot for all things Spurs shows through :lol:

Sandro is an excellent CM who cost us less than 8m - a total steal at that price - and who, since signing for Spurs, has become an established part of the Brazil squad. He's also made 42 appearances for Spurs since arriving.

I'll predict that this season Sandro, in the 4-3-3 system that AVB will likely wish to establish, will become a first XI starter in every game when fit, rather than in just some games as previously.

If I were you I'd reserve the phrase "abusive relationship" for the civil war now being waged inside L'arse.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/s...lsea-close-to-'record'-deal-for-oscar?cc=5901

Internacional claim Chelsea are close to smashing the Brazilian transfer record to sign Oscar.

Chelsea have thrust themselves to the head of the chase for the midfielder Oscar who had been strongly linked with Tottenham and Inter Milan.

Internacional claimed at the weekend that they had fielded an approach from Chelsea, but insisted no offer had been made for the 20-year-old. But it would appear as if the Blues have followed up that approach with a bid - which Internacional hope will be a Brazilian record.

"I want the transfer of Oscar to be the biggest deal ever in Brazilian football," Internacional president Giovanni Luigi told Radio Gaucha. "And the Chelsea offer isn't that far from that."

Luigi has insisted that the club will only sell if they feel the bid is value for money. He said: "If regarding Oscar we get offers that match our expectations, we'll negotiate. But they have to be of the value that mean significant resources for Internacional."

Oscar, who has made six senior appearances for his country, is set to showcase his skills in London after being named in Brazil's Olympic squad.

SSN say that his agent says that Chelsea are no longer in talks to sign him.

Not suprised.. That story today seemed like a desperate plea to bump up the price. Was never going to work, he's hardly Neymar

Status
Not open for further replies.