Oscar dos Santos Emboaba Júnior

Status
Not open for further replies.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Villas-Boas wants to take £20m-rated Brazilian star Oscar to Tottenham

"Tottenham have made an £11million offer for Brazil wonderkid Oscar as Andre Villas-Boas' revolution gathers pace ...

Villas-Boas is wasting no time in his attempts to land more signings after the club opened dialogue with Internacional for Oscar.

The Brazillian side value the 20-year-old at £20million but it is understood there is a willingness from the club and player to conclude a deal.

Oscar is viewed as a replacement for wantaway midfielder Luka Modric …”

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2168932/Andre-Villas-Boas-wants-Brazilian-star-Oscar-Tottenham.html

Plays for same club that we signed Sandro from - a club that we have a partnership agreement with.

Could be legs in this one I reckon. AVB knows the Brazilian market well.

Am off to sleep so my only input would be that he's brilliant on FM.. :D

You're not going to buy him for £11m or anything close to that, it'll take around £20m.

Hehe, he's not even been at the club for 48 hours and Glaston knows AVB's transfer style, strategy and strengths. Typical! Seems like you live for transfers, G.

Definitely liked the look of him though.

It's about time Spurs signed some midfielders

"But he's more a number 10 actually" - yea and they're particularly short of those too

Hehe, he's not even been at the club for 48 hours and Glaston knows AVB's transfer style, strategy and strengths. ...
Well, I do hear that since leaving Chelski he's spent a lot of time travelling around scouting in preparation for his next job, whenever that would arise.

This includes spending a fair amount of time in Brazil. And of course the Portugal - Brazil connection has long been in place.

I imagine he spends most of his time travelling around and building up dossiers of all the shops and restaurants he visitis, which he then takes home and makes his mum read.

Didnt they make an £11 million bid for Diego while he was at Santos? This one is a little more likely, but as with that one bigger clubs are likely to be a more realistic destination

How much did Spurs sign the Icelandic player for? And now this?

Which leaves me thinking Modric leaving to somewhere soon

How much did Spurs sign the Icelandic player for? And now this?

Which leaves me thinking Modric leaving to somewhere soon

Probably, but Spurs spent very little last summer and no money in the January window. So part of me wonders if Levy has been cooking up the plot to remove Arry from office for a while and thus having a decent sized transfer budget when the next manager arrived.

Probably, but Spurs spent very little last summer and no money in the January window. So part of me wonders if Levy has been cooking up the plot to remove Arry from office for a while and thus having a decent sized transfer budget when the next manager arrived.

They probably have had no money to spend given they didnt qualify for the champions league either time and needed to offer the likes of Bale new deals.

This is why their striker solution was Adebayor on loan and Scott Parker on the cheap last summer.

Brazil ace Oscar has confirmed Tottenham have expressed an interest in signing him.

Internacional playmaker Oscar is regarded as one of the best young talents in Brazil and he has been named in their Olympics squad.

New Tottenham boss Andre Villas-Boas has identified Oscar as one of his top transfer targets as he looks to reshape the squad next season.

20-year-old Oscar has revealed Tottenham have spoken to his agent, but he has played down any move insisting he is focused on life with Internacional.

"Tottenham did contact my agent, but I am focusing on Internacional," Oscar told iG.

Oscar added he is not sure if Tottenham made an official offer and that he is not getting carried away by the move rumours.

That [interest will always happen. I don't know if there was an official offer," Oscar told UOL.

"But for those that are young and impress a bit, this is normal. I can't worry about this. I'm not thinking about leaving Internacional now".

Long-term Spurs target Leandro Damiao also rejected rumours linking him with a possible switch to White Hart Lane.

The striker claims he is happy at Internacional and plans to stay at the club until 2014.

"I am thinking only of Internacional, I don't think I'm leaving [Internacional], I've received no offers," said Damiao.

"If it's up to me, I'll stay until 2014"..

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7871438/

Was he the one that scored a hat trick in the final for brazil last year in the u-20 world cup? (or whatever age group it was)
He looked quality if so.

I don't think alot of brazilians will be moving away before the world cup in 2014, they all want to be involved clearly and I think living in there home country will give them more of a chance.

Look how hard Rafael has had to work to even get a sniff.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-beat-Tottenham-sign-Oscar-Internacional.html

Exclusive: Chelsea win the Oscar... Roman beats AVB to grab £25m Brazil playmaker

Chelsea have pulled off another transfer coup by clinching the signature of £25million Brazilian wonderkid Oscar.

Despite already splashing out £42m on Marko Marin and Eden Hazard, Roman Abramovich's latest revolution shows no signs of abating after he moved in for the Internacional playmaker who is regarded as one of the most exciting talents to emerge from Brazil in years.

To add further flavour to the European champions' deal, they have pipped their former manager Andre Villas-Boas in the process.

Tottenham's new boss thought he was in a strong position to land 20-year-old Oscar after making an offer last week.

It was reported the bid was £11m, but sources in South America say it was much higher than that and a club-record offer of nearer £18m.

Chelsea, however, have moved quickly to swamp Tottenham's offer and beat their former charge to his signature.

Oscar shot to prominence last summer when he became the first player to score a hat-trick in the FIFA Under 20 World Cup final against Portugal.

The Brazilian - full name Oscar dos Santos Emboaba Junior - was also watched by Real Madrid and Barcelona.

He is adept as a playmaker or in the role behind the striker and equally comfortable on the left or right of midfield. He is described as a 'typically brilliant Brazilian No 10'.

The acquisition will put pressure on the position of Stamford Bridge idol Juan Mata, who is expected to be rested at the start of the season due to his participation in the Olympics for Spain.

Chelsea fans will be able to get an early sight of the new signing as he is also a member of his country's Olympic squad.

Chelsea came in for criticism for the way they won the Champions League with an obdurate defensive style.

However, the signing of Oscar is another bold statement of intent from Abramovich as he strives to make Chelsea a more fluid, attacking team in the mould of Barcelona.

The signing boosts the Brazilian contingent at Stamford Bridge, where Oscar will be joining Ramires in midfield, David Luiz and exciting young prospect Lucas Piazon.

Abramovich believes if manager Roberto Di Matteo can channel that flair alongside the defensive grit the squad showed to win the Champions League, then Chelsea will be well placed to mount more serious challenges on domestic and European honours.

And his spending hasn't finished yet, with Chelsea also linked to another Brazilian star, 25-year-old striker Hulk of Porto.

That article sounds very much like the deal is done, but there is nothing but denials anywhere else? This kid does seem special though IMO, more of a player than Lucas Moura.

I saw him for Brazil and he looked good. He's a bit of a pass and move player that will dribble now and then, by the looks of it. Just very neat when on his game. Although, I did watch the second half of Internacional v Cruzeiro at the weekend and he was a bit sloppy and gave the ball away quite a bit.

I saw him for Brazil and he looked good. He's a bit of a pass and move player that will dribble now and then, by the looks of it. Just very neat when on his game. Although, I did watch the second half of Internacional v Cruzeiro at the weekend and he was a bit sloppy and gave the ball away quite a bit.

Scored a peach with the outside of his right foot though :drool:

im pretty sure it was him anyway

I saw him live in Brazil v Argentina, he looked good. Some good ball distribution, nifty exchanges, and scored the second goal for Brazil.

article-2156985-13883B88000005DC-982_634x418.jpg

Didn't strike me as fast or strong though.

I have never seen him play, but I don't get the point of spending 25M on him after they have buy Hazard and Marin. It looks like Roman doesn't really give a shit about FFP.

Status
Not open for further replies.