Oliver Glasner

Will be gone by the weekend. It’s the Parish cycle of Bring in good Manager, build positive momentum, don’t back him anywhere near enough, sack him and replace with another firefighter. He’s ultimately the problem.

Will be gone by the weekend. It’s the Parish cycle of Bring in good Manager, build positive momentum, don’t back him anywhere near enough, sack him and replace with another firefighter. He’s ultimately the problem.

Who’s gonna replace him?

Olise was a very important player for them, they have not replaced him in any shape or firm.

Roy to come out of retirement again? Sure hope not, for his own sake.
At least when West Ham do this, they have the decency to appoint a different brexit manager in between the sexy foreign up and comers. Palace just go back to the same guy .

Edit: saying that, I could be talking bollocks - haven’t they had Pulis, Warnock and Big Sam? They’re brexit central!

I can never understand how Palace are perennial strugglers. They have a decent squad, a promising manager, a new training complex and dedicated fanatical supporters.

Everything should be set up to succeed but they always seem to shit the bed, especially in the bed.

They feel like a team that should be pushing for Europe, but Brighton, West Ham, Villa and even Leicester have all had that adventure before them. It’s fecking weird.

You can see what he's trying to do and he's only been there a few months. Refreshing to see.

You can see what he's trying to do and he's only been there a few months. Refreshing to see.

Yeah, but at the same time that means nothing if you're not winning. Looking at next weekend if results go against them then you could be seeing an 8 point gap between the bottom 3 and teams in 16th.

I'd love nothing more than to see Palace get relegated. Bogey team similar to Middlesbrough. Incidentally, the only other team that struggles as much as us against them is City.

I'd love nothing more than to see Palace get relegated.
I couldn't agree more. I thought they would do well at the beginning of the season, Glasner really seemed to have started something there, but I am very happy to be proved wrong.

At least when West Ham do this, they have the decency to appoint a different brexit manager in between the sexy foreign up and comers. Palace just go back to the same guy .

Edit: saying that, I could be talking bollocks - haven’t they had Pulis, Warnock and Big Sam? They’re brexit central!
Roy is a dinosaur but doesn’t really deserve the Brexit tag. He has likely lived/managed in more countries than those other three combined have heard of.

When fans get carried away with new manager bounce and start making comparisons. Where are the comparisons now?

Hope they get sacked, cannot bare the sight or Palace

When fans get carried away with new manager bounce and start making comparisons. Where are the comparisons now?

Hope they get sacked, cannot bare the sight or Palace

I think I saw posts either on here or Twitter, towards the end of last season, that claimed Palace have both a better squad and starting XI than us :lol:

Yeah, but at the same time that means nothing if you're not winning. Looking at next weekend if results go against them then you could be seeing an 8 point gap between the bottom 3 and teams in 16th.
I was being sarcastic to be honest. But glad to see there could be a bit of a gap between us and the relegation zone. Slight relief.

I think I saw posts either on here or Twitter, towards the end of last season, that claimed Palace have both a better squad and starting XI than us :lol:

Oh yes, don't need to tell me, I had posters Redsky and Lefback saying how good Palace were and their team was comparable to ours and with a much superior manager.. after I said its just a new manager bounce.

I also saw loads of tweets about people talking about Glasner implementing a style of play within 1 month of being in the job etc..

Crazy how quickly the opinion around him seems to have changed in the space of a couple of 2-3 months (ignoring the mid-season break). Not all on him though, tbf. Lost some absolute key players (Olise, Andersen etc.) and didn't adequately replace them. Spent a fair whack on Nketiah, when Mateta played really well during the second half of last season (iirc) - they should have probably strengthened other areas instead.

They're currently in freefall. If the unimaginable (at the start of the season anyway) happened and they got relegated, at least the likes of Eze/Wharton might be gettable for "reasonable" fees - assuming their form this season doesn't put any potential suitors off.

Would be interesting to see if he's able to turn it around, but I'm not so sure he can.

Always thought there upturn in form last season was much more to do with being able to regularly field Olise, Eze and Mateta together rather than whoever was in the dugout.

Always thought there upturn in form last season was much more to do with being able to regularly field Olise, Eze and Mateta together rather than whoever was in the dugout.
I think it's a bit of both. Glasner provided the set up to make those three thrive but the loss of Olise can't really be understated.

People have been eager to lay the boot into Wharton, but their talisman, Eze, has dropped off a cliff form wise. He’s gone from a player whose agent must’ve been eyeing a big 4-6 move for to someone who doesn’t even look like he can be better than middling in the PL. one weird collective juju going on at that club.