Ole - "I'm 100% sure Michael Carrick will be the manager of Manchester United"

The absolute state of some children in this thread running down Ole because he had the temerity to say nice things about someone he saw as talented.

It’s like golden era Arsenal TV in here at times.

Carrick is quite clearly a talented coach and manager. He’s currently doing a great job. He was also one of the most tactically perfect players of his generation and was selected by Ferguson to play in one of his greatest sides and is among the most decorated Premier League players of all time.

Going after Ole’s opinions or Carricks potential off the back of it… really poor.
Look at this boomer melting down because of imaginary meltdowns of other people :lol:.

I do wonder if some of you are trying out your comedy acts on here.

Carrick's football has proper European vibe about it, even the 4 games he was in charge of us.

At Boro he has maintained very high standards of football from the start. There's an inevitability about him becoming a successful manager.

Mourinho backed out because he knew he wasn't an 80 million pound defender.

Maguire would actually be ok for a Mourinho team.
Agree with the second point but the first point is just wrong. Mourinho moaned openly on TV after united finally got the deal done under ole.

Edit for link: literally says months after he left that united had to sign Maguire and that the difference of a few mil doesn't matter

Agree with the second point but the first point is just wrong. Mourinho moaned openly on TV after united finally got the deal done under ole.

Edit for link: literally says months after he left that united had to sign Maguire and that the difference of a few mil doesn't matter

@1:05 - Mourinho talking about Lindelof being easily bullied in the air and then right on cue he misses a header in the warm up with no one around him :lol:

You do realize he's the manager and Middlesbrough and took them from a relegation battle to a play off spot right?
Still see how people want him to succeed in the premier league before giving it to him. Unfortunately British managers don’t normally get jobs abroad (and it work out)

Thankfully Carrick seems to be a very sensible and aware person. He could have easily stayed when Ole left but decided he needs a break before going 1elsewhere and learn his trade. See Lampard, any chances he gets to manage Chelsea he agrees to it immediately. So if Carrick becomes the manager one day, you can be sure he is confident enough to do that. Mates FC doesnt seem to affect Carrick.

Michael Carrick is going places, apparently.

Ok Ole. your judgment is 100% trusted by the fanbase. right.

(Wish Carrick nothing but success, I love him to bits and he started brilliantly)
He’s been awesome hasn’t he at Boro? The guy probably is going places as a manager although I remember Roy Keane knocking it out the park at Sunderland as well.

I’m sure Carrick will become a solid PL manager. He’s worked under some of the best as a coach and was one of the best technical players of his era at dominating games.

His education has been first rate compared to 99.9% of coaches out there.

Why is it always the CMs? Carrick, Xavi and Alonso are the latest examples :lol:

Probably because you must have a higher understanding of the game to play there, specially if outstanding physical attributes.

The idea that because someone played under great managers they're likely to have caught something via osmosis is a big reason behind Ole getting the job here to begin with.

I don´t agree with people saying a manager needs to win something with another team before we can take a look at him.

LvG was a manager at the top level for ages before joining us, our football was mostly unwatchable under him and he rightly got the sack.
Jose had a fantastic CV when joining us, serial winner and a great winning mentally, aaand, our football was mostly unwatchable and he rightly got the sack.

Then we look at Arsenal taking their chances with Arteta, who did sweet fa before joining them, and now they are fighting for the title.
Pep didn´t have much experience, just a short stint at Roma iirc, before joining Barcelona, and the rest is history.
Xavi was a manager for a short time in a nothing league before joining Barcelona, and they are now winning La liga

It is just not that black and white

I love Carrick but touting him for the managers job at this stage is like saying Kompany will be city boss because he’s got Burnley promoted. Both promising managers, but let’s not get ahead of ourselves.

That game at Stamford Bridge, the way we went with 3 midfielders of McFred and Matic provided the base for control. Greenwood, Martial, Ronaldo were all benched by Carrick. Bruno was a false striker. For this alone I place Carrick higher than Ralf. Shows Carrick is extremely a modern day coach. Eventually if Carrick continues as he now, he will become a top manager. Arteta style.

How I can give my house we just revert back to flat midfield 3 now under Ten Hag.
Idk if I will be alive by the time Utd play a proper 3 man midfield setup and are able to control the midfield. It has been the blueprint of all successful teams out there but for some weird reason we always play the double pivot. I'm not an expert on formations but we can see all great teams such as Madrid, Liverpool and City playing 3 man midfields and dominating.

I don´t agree with people saying a manager needs to win something with another team before we can take a look at him.

LvG was a manager at the top level for ages before joining us, our football was mostly unwatchable under him and he rightly got the sack.
Jose had a fantastic CV when joining us, serial winner and a great winning mentally, aaand, our football was mostly unwatchable and he rightly got the sack.

Then we look at Arsenal taking their chances with Arteta, who did sweet fa before joining them, and now they are fighting for the title.
Pep didn´t have much experience, just a short stint at Roma iirc, before joining Barcelona, and the rest is history.
Xavi was a manager for a short time in a nothing league before joining Barcelona, and they are now winning La liga

It is just not that black and white

Stop saying but... Pep.... For every pep there's Ole, Lampard, and Stevie G.

Maybe arsenal see something we all dont about Arteta. But we sure are just spray and pray when we appointed Ole

That game at Stamford Bridge, the way we went with 3 midfielders of McFred and Matic provided the base for control. Greenwood, Martial, Ronaldo were all benched by Carrick. Bruno was a false striker. For this alone I place Carrick higher than Ralf. Shows Carrick is extremely a modern day coach. Eventually if Carrick continues as he now, he will become a top manager. Arteta style.

How I can give my house we just revert back to flat midfield 3 now under Ten Hag.

We sat back with 10 men. We had like 25% of the ball. I never want to see us playing like that.

We sat back with 10 men. We had like 25% of the ball. I never want to see us playing like that.
:D yes we had 34% possession. Chelsea scored from a penalty.

This season we have had below 40% possession against City and Liverpool away and leaked 13 goals in the process, even at home we had 30% possession, Arsenal at OT we had 39%.

Mourinho backed out because he knew he wasn't an 80 million pound defender.

Maguire would actually be ok for a Mourinho team.
Woodward backed out, not Mourinho. Jose wasn't the one controlling the money or the negotiations. After Ed failed to get the Maguire signing in the first summer, he went back the next summer despite the new manager Ole preferring De Ligt.

Maguire actually was ok for an Ole team for two years.

Stop saying but... Pep.... For every pep there's Ole, Lampard, and Stevie G.

Maybe arsenal see something we all dont about Arteta. But we sure are just spray and pray when we appointed Ole
My point is, there is no guarantees what so ever.

Saying we should only ever consider a manager that has won something is a very flawed way of thinking. There are so many factors to a teams success/lack of success

I really like his football, how he uses his forwards is entirely different than ETHs. There is a reason why ETH's #9 doesn't score and can't find themselves in scoring positions.
I think Carras will be our next manager and a very successful one.

I actually like Carrick as a manager. There’s an understated intelligence about him.. also the quiet guy that you know commands respect. A bit like Ancelotti. Now I might be wrong and he might be thick as a kim kardashians rear

Carrick's football has proper European vibe about it, even the 4 games he was in charge of us.

At Boro he has maintained very high standards of football from the start. There's an inevitability about him becoming a successful manager.

I've not watched much of Boro this season but the 4 games he was our manager were the best we played that season (not that the bar was high)