Music Oasis reuniting for tour in 2025?

Blur, Pulp, Kula Shaker, Stone Roses >>>>>>>>>>>> Oasis.

Who cares? 2 knobheads who were famous for 10 mins decades ago. I wouldn't pay to hear their 5 decent songs that have been played to death since.

I have love and hate relationship with Oasis. Back in 90s and early 00s, they were big in my country. And I grew up listened to my dad playing their songs on a radio. I also like the vibes of most of their songs.

However theyre both dickheads and support city. So I hate them but enjoy their music. Its a weird feeling.

Who cares? 2 knobheads who were famous for 10 mins decades ago. I wouldn't pay to hear their 5 decent songs that have been played to death since.
No issues with hating on Oasis or the Gallaghers, but calling them "famous for 10 minutes" is just silly.
They're both still hugely famous today, and at Oasis peak were literal megastars.
If they do reunite they'll sell out every stadium in Europe, Asia and Australia in minutes.

No issues with hating on Oasis or the Gallaghers, but calling them "famous for 10 minutes" is just silly.
They're both still hugely famous today, and at Oasis peak were literal megastars.
If they do reunite they'll sell out every stadium in Europe, Asia and Australia in minutes.
I don't hate their music. It was great for one album from late 1995, although now hugely overplayed and almost unlistenable due to the never ending radio airplay. They may have been megastars in the UK, but like other Britpop bands e g. Blur, they were a (big) flash in the pan in many countries, before settling down to be just another nostalgia airplay staple. Not that they won't sell out concerts. Everything seems to these days. I live in Australia and The Killers and Coldplay recently sold out fast. So ....

Last edited:
However theyre both dickheads and support city. So I hate them but enjoy their music. Its a weird feeling.
Don't mind them supporting City at all, as they supported City when they were close to dropping into the 3rd tier. In a strange way, I feel sorry for long standing City fans for having their club stolen by oil money and for the inevitable Götterdämmerung moment that's coming for them.

Oasis? Great band back in the day, Liam was a legitimate natural born rockstar. Can't say the work have stood the test of time well, but if it's your thing all good. It'll sell huge numbers of tickets for sure.

I don't hate their music. It was great for one album from late 1995, although now hugely overplayed and almost unlistenable due to the never ending radio airplay. They may have been megastars in the UK, but like other Britpop bands e g. Blur, they were a (big) flash in the pan in many countries, before settling down to be just another nostalgia airplay staple. Not that they won't sell out concerts. Everything seems to these days. I live in Australia and The Killers and Coldplay recently sold out fast. So ....
Both Definitely Maybe and What's the Story were great albums imo. I think The Masterplan is really good too and Be Here Now is pretty decent. I've got a lot of love for Oasis still, both on a nostalgia kick and for their actual music.

I don't listen to this sort of stuff normally, and they're both huge City fans, but I do like their music. And there's no denying how huge they were, if there was a reunion it would be big news and, as others have said, they'll sell out anywhere I'd imagine.

Given I don't know a lot about other bands in this genre, I always heard other United fans claim Stone Roses were better, so I tried listening to their music and it wasn't a patch on Oasis, for me.

Both Definitely Maybe and What's the Story were great albums imo. I think The Masterplan is really good too and Be Here Now is pretty decent. I've got a lot of love for Oasis still, both on a nostalgia kick and for their actual music.
I though Definitely Maybe only had one good song on it. What's The Story was a very strong album but I though everything after that was a pale shadow of their best.

Haven’t they reported this several times and it always turns out to be bullshit?

I though Definitely Maybe only had one good song on it. What's The Story was a very strong album but I though everything after that was a pale shadow of their best.
Fair enough. Can understand why they weren't for everyone. I thought Live Forever, Slide Away and Rock n Roll Star were class. Also Cigarettes and Alcohol actually. And Shakermaker. Ah feck it, may have to whack it on this morning now actually!

Why would a musician's choice of football team have any bearing on what you think of them as musicians? :lol:

Love Oasis. Went to see Liam's Definitely Maybe tour a few months back and would go and see this if it happens. Though I'm hoping for a What's The Story tour if I'm being honest.

It’s obvious they’ll do it - and label it as their final time(s) performing together - because it will make a ridiculous amount of money and they are money mad the dirty old bastards

Boring band that lives off two good songs.

Fair enough. Can understand why they weren't for everyone. I thought Live Forever, Slide Away and Rock n Roll Star were class. Also Cigarettes and Alcohol actually. And Shakermaker. Ah feck it, may have to whack it on this morning now actually!
So apart from the whole album you agree with me :lol:

Fair enough. Good job Johnno doesn't post here any more as he would hunt me down for dissing his favorite band.

Always thought the feud between them has been massively hammed up while they focus on their own projects and are having a long break from Oasis. They’re both quietly shrewd businessmen and they know that the longer it goes on the more Oasis reunion becomes a unicorn that will sell a shit load of tickets should it actually happen so it’s their eventual retirement cheque which inflates with every year it doesn’t happen.

So apart from the whole album you agree with me :lol:

Fair enough. Good job Johnno doesn't post here any more as he would hunt me down for dissing his favorite band.
:lol: yeah that realisation dawned on me as I was typing. I do see why they're not for everyone though, for sure.

Huge in The Netherlands

Always thought the feud between them has been massively hammed up while they focus on their own projects and are having a long break from Oasis. They’re both quietly shrewd businessmen and they know that the longer it goes on the more Oasis reunion becomes a unicorn that will sell a shit load of tickets should it actually happen so it’s their eventual retirement cheque which inflates with every year it doesn’t happen.
I'm not so sure. Liam said he hasn't spoken to him for a decade.

I mean it'll be the biggest thing in the country by miles if it happens!

Why would a musician's choice of football team have any bearing on what you think of them as musicians? :lol:

Love Oasis. Went to see Liam's Definitely Maybe tour a few months back and would go and see this if it happens. Though I'm hoping for a What's The Story tour if I'm being honest.

It almost feels taboo to like Oasis as a United supporter, and most other reds will go out of their way to mention how Stone Roses are better.

What bother me slightly is that they're the most vocal sort of City supporters and they hate United, as you'd expect. It does feel wrong, especially when City have them blasting out at the Etihad most weeks. It's almost like listening to YAWN, but not quite as extreme as that :lol:

I mean it'll be the biggest thing in the country by miles if it happens!
Really? Wow.

I'd left the UK in 93 and they did get big here, Wonderwall went to #1 and "Whats The Story" did well, but they weren't as big as The Craberries, Live or Alanis Morrisette in that late 95/96 period, who were insanely popular here.

I was going to watch a Noel gig on youtube the other day, but straight away noticed a big image of Pep on the stage. Not watching that. Why doesn't he have a big shrine of the owners in their royal thrones on stage?

Saw Oasis twenty years ago and thought that was enough. Love their first two albums, but nothing really good after that.

It almost feels taboo to like Oasis as a United supporter, and most other reds will go out of their way to mention how Stone Roses are better.

What bother me slightly is that they're the most vocal sort of City supporters and they hate United, as you'd expect. It does feel wrong, especially when City have them blasting out at the Etihad most weeks. It's almost like listening to YAWN, but not quite as extreme as that :lol:
Liam's a die hard blue. Noel pretends he is now because City are good but back when they were shit he gave up on them and was supporting Celtic. Bonehead is a massive United fan.

Really? Wow.

I'd left the UK in 93 and they did get big here, Wonderwall went to #1 and "Whats The Story" did well, but they weren't as big as The Craberries, Live or Alanis Morrisette in that late 95/96 period, who were insanely popular here.

Oh yeah, I'm not a big fan of anything, but I think it's probably the only thing that could rival a Taylor Swift tour in this country.

There’s going to be a spike in blokes with dodgy haircuts then.

Oasis never made it in the States because they fecked up playing coked up sets over there and then just flat out refusing to tour over there with any consistency and commit to media duties that'd put them on every talk show and TV on US network.

It's not as though Oasis gave it their best and failed over there. They didn't try at all. In a post Nirvana world, and in a world in which Foo Fighters flourished, Oasis would have been huge in America.

Infact, their popularity has been on the rise greatly over there as a result of Gen Z music reaction channels pumping out music video reactions. They've always had the image and sound to do it...... They just self sabotaged the whole thing because they insisted on being "feck America".

They both sell out decent sized arenas as individuals and still have huge support in Ireland. If they reform it will be one of the biggest shows in years

Oasis never made it in the States because they fecked up playing coked up sets over there and then just flat out refusing to tour over there with any consistency and commit to media duties that'd put them on every talk show and TV on US network.

It's not as though Oasis gave it their best and failed over there. They didn't try at all. In a post Nirvana world, and in a world in which Foo Fighters flourished, Oasis would have been huge in America.

Infact, their popularity has been on the rise greatly over there as a result of Gen Z music reaction channels pumping out music video reactions. They've always had the image and sound to do it...... They just self sabotaged the whole thing because they insisted on being "feck America".
According to the Supersonic documentary, the night before their big US debut performance on TV, they got on it and sniffed what they thought was coke but turned out to be meth. You can watch the performance on YouTube, Bonehead is playing a different song to the rest of the band at one point. Absolute shitshow.

I’d definitely go if they do a reunion tour. Heaton Park as the venue for Manchester shows doesn’t seem a great choice though. A bit of rain and the ground is gonna be a swamp which isn’t ideal for a run of multiple shows. You’d think the cricket ground or the Etihad would be far better suited.