Noussair Mazraoui | has signed for United

Status
Not open for further replies.
His injury record is bad. Not sure on this one but I guess that’s why his price is pretty low for what is a good player. Maybe we aim to have him as backup and think that’ll help keep him fit?

I've never heard about 1 veto per window. As far as I know ETH has a veto on every proposed transfer
If Eth has that power (possible) and was actively using it, he would not presently be our coach.

There’s no way he is telling the new execs no and being left in his position. That’s something we can be sure of.

United also have concerns at left-back. Ten Hag’s first-choice, Luke Shaw, who is not on the US tour due to his European Championship participation, has a track record of being serially injured. Tyrell Malacia, his deputy, missed all of last season with a knee injury and was left out of the tour squad to continue his rehabilitation at the club’s Carrington training complex. This may cause United to move in the market for a left-back though, as with the Mazraoui deal, funds would have to be generated first by sales.

I'd be a lot happier with this Mazraoui deal if we also sign a LB.

It's one thing to risk a player with a dubious injury history covering for the typically very robust Dalot. It's another if you also need your RBs to regularly provide cover for the much less robust Shaw.

I'd be a lot happier with this Mazraoui deal if we also sign a LB.

It's one thing to risk a player with a dubious injury history covering for the typically very robust Dalot. It's another if you also need your RBs to regularly provide cover for the much less robust Shaw.

Hancko/Mitchell would be my choice out of the three touted,certainly not Alonso with his past

His injury record is bad. Not sure on this one but I guess that’s why his price is pretty low for what is a good player. Maybe we aim to have him as backup and think that’ll help keep him fit?
He'll fit right in then.

Yeah if I go in expecting him to never be fit then can be surprised when he puts a few games together
That's exactly how my relationship with the club has been for the last 5 years or so, go in to games expecting Brentford last season and pleasantly surprised if we come away with a win.

His injury record is actually atrocious. Why are we signing him? Also, all his injustices are basically different through out the years. This is a bad sign as his body just breaks down at any point and anywhere. You can really predict where he will break down down next.

Even as back-up, he will not be a reliable no.2. At least AWB can come in when Dalot is Injured.

Wan-Bissaka is a brilliant one on one defender but he's not good enough for United. Mazraoui is better on the ball and better going forward. Plus, it gives Antony one last chance. Also apparently he's good at left back? Ticks a lot of boxes.

There's no point holding on to these limited players if we can sell them.
How about the fact that apparently his managed 20 league games once in his career?

I'm kinda excited by this one. I don't think INEOS are the type to be messing about, they must have some decent thinking behind the transfer beyond, hey attacking FB on the cheap let's get him.

Surprise surprise he has played under ETH it’s criminal what is going on at this club.

ETH is setting us back years and years with his signings. Anthony, Mount, Malacia, and idk who tf else. Just one look at this guys injury record tells us all we need to know.

More wasted money. How is ETH getting away with this? Why is it being allowed to happen, it’s disgusting. Where is Ashworth? Berrada? This needs stopping.

We don’t even need RB, just keep AWB, we need LB a lot more.

Looking forward to coming back to this post in 6 months time, when Mazraoui is injured & having done f all for us and we all questioning why we signed him.

Surprise surprise he has played under ETH it’s criminal what is going on at this club.

ETH is setting us back years and years with his signings. Anthony, Mount, Malacia, and idk who tf else. Just one look at this guys injury record tells us all we need to know.

More wasted money. How is ETH getting away with this? Why is it being allowed to happen, it’s disgusting. Where is Ashworth? Berrada? This needs stopping.

We don’t even need RB, just keep AWB, we need LB a lot more.

Looking forward to coming back to this post in 6 months time, when Mazraoui is injured & having done f all for us and we all questioning why we signed him.
Do you honestly think the new ownership has come in and decided the will just let ETH have free reign? Seriously what is it with this link of thinking.

Do you think it was ETH’s decision to pursue yoro? Because you cant turn around and claim ETH is ruining the club when a signing you dont like, such as this one, happens and not then give him 100% credit for the signing of a ‘generational’ talent in yoro.

Last edited:
Not impressed with this signing at all. The early window optimism is petering out and it's starting to resemble last summer's window now.

Cry babies everywhere. Keep AWB? Who's contract is out next summer instead of getting funds now and replacing him. Mazroui is injured all the time, his record is atrocious but yet Yoro and Holjlund have had spotless injury records and yet get injured once they join us(Hojlund last season). You'll start calling them injury prone too soon. Same thing was repeated about De Ligt over and over and yet you're all now crying he should be signed. Things change and players can get over injuries or manage them better, a lot of you would have never signed Sneijder from Madrid or Robben, or even our Ruud back then from PSV. Club have done their due diligence and feel this is right, back them.

Cry babies everywhere. Keep AWB? Who's contract is out next summer instead of getting funds now and replacing him. Mazroui is injured all the time, his record is atrocious but yet Yoro and Holjlund have had spotless injury records and yet get injured once they join us(Hojlund last season). You'll start calling them injury prone too soon. Same thing was repeated about De Ligt over and over and yet you're all now crying he should be signed. Things change and players can get over injuries or manage them better, a lot of you would have never signed Sneijder from Madrid or Robben, or even our Ruud back then from PSV. Club have done their due diligence and feel this is right, back them.
Do you feel Mazaoui can be a top RB?

On a separate note, for those following the transfer news more closely, does this deal mean that wingback we were after Ferdi is less likely? I thought he was someone who could play as LB and RB if needed. He looked talented.

On a separate note, for those following the transfer news more closely, does this deal mean that wingback we were after Ferdi is less likely? I thought he was someone who could play as LB and RB if needed. He looked talented.
The Ferdi links have cooled down since the Euros ended and it seems like Mourinho sees him as an important player for Fenerbahce so it'll likely take a decent fee to tempt them into a sale.

Mazraoui links have gotten quite advanced and from top sources so it feels like just a matter of time at this point whenever we finalize AWB's sale to West Ham. He can also play at LB or RB just like Ferdi, he started at LB for Bayern during the CL semi's against Real.

Last edited:

Lets hope the Carrington medical team goes through his medical records with a fine tooth comb. When any deal sounds too good to be true...

Keeping awb would be stupid. We would pay 1 year salary for a player that Ill suits us and lose a 15m rated player for free. Buying an injury prone player to replace him is even more stupid though. Its evident that we have issues on that department and we are making things worse by buying injury prone players

Someone should tell the gaffer that the world is bigger than the eredivisie

is he a stater for bayern ? how is he compared to Hakimi ? i heard he plays as left back .. The price for wan bissaka seems almost same price as him..kind of like a swap..

Fener reportedly rejected +30m offer for him last season from Dortmund. After his performances in the Euros, I'm pretty sure he's going to cost north of 40 for them to even consider a bid. I don't think we have that kind of budget when there are more pressing needs on other positions

ETH really has to be very convincing for this new board to want to sign his old players still

How is that we have an entirely new football and recruiting department and yet we cannot see past the ghosts of Ten Hag’s Ajax past? Can’t Vivell find a better alternative from our database of 800 right backs?

An injury prone right back from a club that has exclusively sold us injury prone or over the hill players over the past two decades and who’ll moreover be away for AFCON duties during busy periods of the season.

The fact that he can cover left back as well definitely helps this get over the line. Considering we are watching how much we are spending, a cheap deal for this guy isn't a bad idea at all. Not every player can be a 40m first team regular.

I definitely want us to pick up another left back though, Although Amass looked good against arsenal so maybe they trying to not block up his pathway into the first team by not spending big on a player in his position even if he needs another year of development.

A poor injury record is a worry, but £15m is very cheap and it’s a position where we have a solid alternative in Dalot. The bigger issue is making sure we have a left back so that our right back doesn’t have to cover there all the time. If that happens, and this guy and Dalot are competing for RB, I’m happy with that.

Lots os muscular injuries it seems. Muscular injuries, torn muscle bundle, torn muscle fiber, etc. Not a physio, but that's not so "normal" no? And is that something that would suggest he's prone to these injuries?

ETH really has to be very convincing for this new board to want to sign his old players still
Remember ETH never agreed to change his contract terms. He still has the final say on transfers so it's not a surprise we still end up going for Dutch or his old players.

Cannot believe that we are really doing this. More than indulging ETH it's about signing a player who looks injury prone and has missed a lot of game in the last 5 seasons. It feels surreal given all our injury woes last season.

Has got to be a joke, right?

AWB contract is getting expired next season, don't think we are extending it. Makes sense to sell him and look for replacement.

Ideally someone young with potential would have been better choice, as long as fee and wages are reasonable it should be fine.

I hope that Bayern doesn't get second thoughts after Ito broke his foot yesterday.

Cannot believe that we are really doing this. More than indulging ETH it's about signing a player who looks injury prone and has missed a lot of game in the last 5 seasons. It feels surreal given all our injury woes last season.

Has got to be a joke, right?
Clue is your username.

How is that we have an entirely new football and recruiting department and yet we cannot see past the ghosts of Ten Hag’s Ajax past? Can’t Vivell find a better alternative from our database of 800 right backs?

An injury prone right back from a club that has exclusively sold us injury prone or over the hill players over the past two decades and who’ll moreover be away for AFCON duties during busy periods of the season.
Because
1) we already have a trusted right back who is young and also one of our fittest players so we don't need a big investment in the position.
2) Mazraoui kills two birds with one stone because he can cover left back as well possibly buy Amass a chance to make a claim for the position long-term.
3) he's relatively cheap and I doubt he'll be on big wages, so it wouldn't be so tough moving him on when he looses relevance and he can be really good for us in relation to his price tag.
4) he already knows the manager demands and have thrived under him.

You just can't ignore the injury issues, it negates so much of the positives. It's the most typical Bayern sell and it's frustrating that we're helping them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.