Nordic Ghost Yeti (Scandi Carroll) | Haaland at City

Predictably, he's going to break scoring records here. Looking forward to him leaving and going to La liga in a few years! Once Pep leaves the league will be more interesting generally, even with Haaland.

I know we can't wish injury on a player but can we wish an arrest?

Hopefully something like tax evasion though

Currently Fabinho is better than Caeemiro. Even though Casemiro was brilliant in the CL final.

Real wouldn't let him go if he was in his absolute peak.

He is not in his absolute peak anymore, but he is still currently better than Fabinho.

They sold him because they got €70m for a 30 year old. Mane was arguably Liverpool's best player last season, yet the still sold him because getting a decent fee for a player over 30 is a good opportunity for money.

He won't stay for long and funny thing is city fans probably won't even care

He’s turned fantasy league into a competition where only 10 players count.

Currently Fabinho is better than Caeemiro. Even though Casemiro was brilliant in the CL final.

Real wouldn't let him go if he was in his absolute peak.

This narrative needs to stop and is the same one being touted about Varane, which reliable sources like Mitten have completely rubbished.

I know we can't wish injury on a player but can we wish an arrest?

Hopefully something like tax evasion though

You don't have to wish it, he hasn't managed 30 league appearances in a season yet, and only got 24 last season.

I suspect this will change at City though

He won't stay for long and funny thing is city fans probably won't even care

He is born in England, dad played for City and City can pay whatever he wants. As long as City keeps winning what reason does he have to leave? Its usually players from South Europe or South America who dream to play for Madrid or Barcelona. Not a Norwegian who is born in England.

Im expecting him to keep destroying defenses in England for a long time.

He shouldn't be allowed to have KDB as a supply line. It's too dangerous.

Another tap in from 2 yards out. But his overall finishing has a long way to improve still. It’ll be interesting to see if he can keep up this level of productivity over the course of the season once defenders get more familiar with his game.

He is born in England, dad played for City and City can pay whatever he wants. As long as City keeps winning what reason does he have to leave? Its usually players from South Europe or South America who dream to play for Madrid or Barcelona. Not a Norwegian who is born in England.

The release clause was inserted for a reason. It wasn't just for a laugh.

Funny enough, whenever I see PSG play this season, Mbappe still looks like the lesser player. Football is more than just a stat sheet. A decisive play that happens in midfield isn't worth less than a decisive play in the box.

I miss the times when playmakers were widely considered the best players of their teams.
Goal stats have overriden everything. In today's world Bierhoff would be better than R9, Muller would be hyped as the greatest since sliced bread, Ronaldinho would be considered Inferior to Etoo (the later would be the ballond'or winner) and so on.

Mbappehas actually hasn't been good at all this season.
It seems odd when I see Haaland compared with the best in the world. I was fortunate enough to have grown up with Ronaldo and Messi since they were younger and so anytime we speak about best in the world I hold them as the barometer. Now this is unfair as those two are the greatest to ever do it, they have the stats that Haaland has but they could pick up the ball and literally run through a defence and score when they wanted to.

I suspect as time goes on, myself and people from my generation will change and understand that there’s a new standard for best in the world and the likes of Haaland and Mbappe will rightfully be up there.
The bolded part is revisionist and myth creating unless you are referring to Brazilian Ronaldo in his early years. Cristiano Ronaldo has never been that player and his allround play has never been to the level of other all-time greats although tbf it was better than Haaland's moreso at United.

And there were people on this forum who thought he wouldn’t do well :lol:
Its not surprising is it. These guys are just so absorbed by fancy words, fancy terms. False 9, pressing. All that is great, but a striker that scores goals in a team that creates chances is the formula for winning. Always. Nobody cares about what else he offers. Football changes style wise every 6-8 years but one thing will always be a constant: you win by putting the ball in the net more times than the other team. Its simple.

England should definitely have tried to nick him.

That's what I wrote. Messi is the epitome efficiency wise. An absolutely unique combo of low gravity, immaculate ball control, body feints and high velocity.
But overall Neymar is the much better technician because what Neymar does is all about technique and creativity.

Dunno if this makes sense. It's like Neymar being a better basketball player all around technically but Messi had perfected one aspect of technique - the 3-point shot - to never reached before or again heights.
It's hard to say, for example how much of Messi's *technique* is intrinsic to his physical nature and does that even count.

I for example can't think of many if any areas of the game that Neymar is superior to messi, he has a better touch, better weight of pass better dribbling, better vision, better control over the ball and that's all that really matters in football.

Maybe he'd beat Messi in a freestyle match up but other than that I don't know, I guess we're arguing over semantics.

That's what I wrote. Messi is the epitome efficiency wise. An absolutely unique combo of low gravity, immaculate ball control, body feints and high velocity.
But overall Neymar is the much better technician because what Neymar does is all about technique and creativity.

Dunno if this makes sense. It's like Neymar being a better basketball player all around technically but Messi had perfected one aspect of technique - the 3-point shot - to never reached before or again heights.
Completely disagree. Neymar is more flashy with the freestyle tricks but in every other aspect (technically) Messi is innately a better footballer. Prime Messi is the only player I have seen that could decide to run through an entire defence at will to score or assist.

Last edited:
Completely disagree. Neymar is more flashy with the freestyle tricks but in every other aspect (technically) Messi is innately a better footballer. Prime Messi is the only player I have seen that could decide to run through an entire defence at will to score or assist.

In addition, Messi’s through pass has always been on another level.
Aren't you both arguing the same point?

Do think City needs to stop trying to find him with every through ball away from home. Game becomes stretched when they don’t come off and they lose control.

They will win nothing with him. They are just too predictable with him in the side.

I think it is very hard to compare at the level Neymar and Messi are at. Neymar has a more spectacular technique while Messi's more streamlined but I wouldn't know who is ahead of the other. I also strongly disagree that you only dribble with close control and body feints when you can't just run past the defender. For the latter you need space and space is a rare good in today's game. Neymar and Messi are able to dribble in very dense areas more so than Mbappe and those are usually the most dangerous spaces, like between the lines or in the box. And they're so much ahead of him in terms of close control that it is very hard to imagine Mbappe can rival tgem in this regard. This kind of technique is developed in your youth. There's a reason Neymar and Messi never looked as sloppy on the ball as Mbappe did and occasionally still does.

Moreover, I think you kind of ignore the awareness aspect of dribbling. Messi is incredibly good at anticipating where space and lanes will open, he keeps incredible track of his surroundings while in action, he always has a solution of his sleeve, etc. That's what distinguishes effective dribblers from guys like Ben Arfa who regularly topped the 'successful dribbles' stats but never did so in a productive manner.
In tight spaces Messi is on another level even to Neymar (who himself is very good).

Lethal in front of goal and an obvious threat, but he's hardly ever in the game. The match just passes him by. Was he always like this?

Triple Captained him this week. What a waste. Villa have been shit! :mad::mad::mad:

They need to start passing him the ball... He would've had 5 more goals this season if they actually passed to him when they're in a good position

Lethal in front of goal and an obvious threat, but he's hardly ever in the game. The match just passes him by. Was he always like this?
Yes, but it’s basically what a top poacher no.9 does. You surrender touches and getting involved with the build-up because his only focus is getting into the box to score goals

Nah don't think any of that matters to him, he's here because he wanted to experience the premier league. But I suspect what he ultimately wants is to win the Balon d'or. He'll need CL so if city keep bottling it he will go to Spain for sure. Don't think he has any loyalties at all

Another tap in from 2 yards out. But his overall finishing has a long way to improve still. It’ll be interesting to see if he can keep up this level of productivity over the course of the season once defenders get more familiar with his game.
His game is dynamic; what do you think they are going to get used to? They’re shitting bricks trying to match his pace, power and size before tangibles like movement and aggression are even factored in.