Non-televised academy matches | U21s: MCR derby | U18s: Boro vs United | Sat 21 Sep

Safe to say Biancheri has an excellent chance to make it at a decent level just because of his great ability to snuff out chances and score goals. He's really impressed me how he creates that little half yard for himself with his movement. He's really coming on the lad.

Safe to say Biancheri has an excellent chance to make it at a decent level just because of his great ability to snuff out chances and score goals. He's really impressed me how he creates that little half yard for himself with his movement. He's really coming on the lad.

Yeah his movement is excellent, very old school really, bit like Michael Owen perhaps but obviously not quite as quick and talented.

Minor thing but it's always annoying that there isn't an official academy and u21 Twitter account by the club.

Afaik Arsenal and City have it

The club needs to do better. There is such a demand for news for our youth

Of course a very long way to go.....but this squad has a chance to go unbeaten (At least in the northern section).

FT

1-5 (Biancheri x2, Scanlon, Ibragimov, Thwaites)

United and Sunderland are the only teams in the competition with a 100% record thus far.

Good day. Even the first team won with a clean sheet!

U-18s seem to be continuing from where they left off last season. I don't think we will go unbeaten as some of the players will be moved to u-21s if they keep performing well at this level which will surely disrupt the team a bit. It's all good experience for the players nonetheless.

I would be surprised if we didn't win the league again though.

Another game that apparently just never happened if club media is anything to go by, great stuff. No tweets, no match report, no highlights or re-runs on delay - arguably youth coverage at United has never really been up to scratch but at least we would have had most/all of that a couple of years ago.

Impressive result, would just love to know a bit more about how it came about beyond what livescore sites say (especially given that differs depending on which one you go on!)

Looking at the MUTV schedule as it is currently, they won’t show neither the U21s derby nor the U18s vs Boro match next Saturday (lunchtime kickoffs).

Think they are showing the women's first game of the season on Saturday lunchtime.

Saw that too. I’d love that to be true, but from a personal perspective I’m not 100% sure they can in Finland as another provider has the rights to WSL. So with my luck I won’t be able to watch any of the three. :(

Think they are showing the women's first game of the season on Saturday lunchtime.
Bugger. :(

I never know the women's fixtures so hadn't realised there was a clash with that this time. I was actually confident we'd get to see an Academy game for once!

I've just let my subscription renew a few days ago but it really is feeling pretty pointless for much of the time.

I've cancelled my subscription, feck them

I don't expect anything better this season, unless there's a huge uproar again. Need people like Laurie Whitwell and Andy Mitten to actually write something.

Looks like they'll hide behind Carrington upgrades this season, and will half arse the coverage. Absolutely terrible for a club this big, Berrada and co. spoke a big game when it came to fan feedback but are turning deaf to people needs of youth coverage.

Cancelled my MUTV subscription and sent some "feedback" to the digital feedback email address.

Lack of live matches is understandable... lack of highlights, match reports or social media posts isn't. Can't do the bare minimum for the academy, which many consider the lifeblood of the club.

I don't even think lack of live matches is understandable given what we've had in previous years, but yeah, if I hadn't absent-mindedly let mine renew itself for a full year on direct debit I'd be cancelling as well. They've essentially sold subscriptions on false pretenses, given how academy coverage is always one of the big selling points they use and how little else there is on there worth watching.

Agree it's going to need someone like Mitten picking it up and some sort of pressure via the fans forums, but really not optimistic given it all just reeks of a 'cut anything that isn't making us money' approach that may well have served INEOS well in their other businesses but really doesn't/shouldn't map over to a football club and the interests of supporters, as opposed to pure customers or shareholders.

We're two and a half days on from the game and this is the only sight we've had of any of the action, as far as I can tell:

Cancelled my MUTV subscription. I was on and off for years, but I've had it for 11 straight seasons. Last year was a bit shit but this season is a disgrace.

The only reason to sign up for mutv should be youth, nobody should be signing up for this shit without it.

Just received a survey from MUTV and when asked what content I'd like to see I said more academy stuff. You can thank me later.

Yeah me too. Hope enough of us take the time and give them that much needed feedback. Not holding my breath waiting for it to change but not much more we can do.

I only signed up for the youth football and the total lack of effort and desire to show anything is disgraceful. The last game I watched left me feeling ill due to the camera angle being so bad. Direct debit cancelled

Yeah, I also got the survey and filled it in and made plenty of references to the declining Academy coverage, and how watching the live Academy games are the sole reason why I think it's worth the subscription in the first place.

What really surprised me was I received an email from MUTV before I'd even finished the survey. Turned out, ironically, it was a response from my last complaint to them from almost a month ago! It felt a little less formulaic and copy and paste than usual, but mostly went over similar ground as to why they can't show "all" (!) the matches.

I guess the closest thing to admitting the true reasons was the following:

"Club media resources need to stretch across our men’s, women’s and Academy teams. Demand for content from all these teams is growing, whilst resources must be managed responsibly to manage costs. This results in hard choices about what to cover and we cannot always capture everything."

Yeah, I also got the survey and filled it in and made plenty of references to the declining Academy coverage, and how watching the live Academy games are the sole reason why I think it's worth the subscription in the first place.

What really surprised me was I received an email from MUTV before I'd even finished the survey. Turned out, ironically, it was a response from my last complaint to them from almost a month ago! It felt a little less formulaic and copy and paste than usual, but mostly went over similar ground as to why they can't show "all" (!) the matches.

I guess the closest thing to admitting the true reasons was the following:

"Club media resources need to stretch across our men’s, women’s and Academy teams. Demand for content from all these teams is growing, whilst resources must be managed responsibly to manage costs. This results in hard choices about what to cover and we cannot always capture everything."

At least that’s the honest truth instead of hiding behind the ”broadcasting rules”.

As expected - it's all about cost-cutting.

Still, felt good properly letting rip in that survey.