Non-televised academy matches | Newcastle vs U21s | Sat 26 Oct

5-3 win on penalties after a 1-1 draw. Last two games tomorrow, first Brighton and then Fulham/Liverpool.

Kai Rooney scored the goal. Jayden Ngwashi got both goals in the win over Stoke this morning.

United win on pens after a 0-0 draw. Really impressive performance, only losing to the potential outright winners in Norwich. Not to mention they were without their main #9 in Louie Bradbury.

Last couple of years we've finished close to last.

Squad:

GKs: Jake Ford (U15), Billy Hartley (U14)

DFs: Jacob Watson, Gazi Ibragimov (U15), Yuel Helafu, Jayden Ngwashi, Jariyah Shah

MFs: Rafe McCormack, Jay McEvoy, Edward Ibrovic-Fletcher, Douka Nkoto (U14), Bassirou Nkoto (U14), Luca Scanlon

FWs: Jaedon Donkor, Junior Brown, Kai Rooney (U15), JJ Gabriel (U14), Noah Ajayi

If not for our youngsters - I would be seriously worried about the future about Manchester United. But with the amount of youngsters we are producing at the moment - I am not too concerned if we look 2-3 years ahead

If not for our youngsters - I would be seriously worried about the future about Manchester United. But with the amount of youngsters we are producing at the moment - I am not too concerned if we look 2-3 years ahead
How many youngsters are really capable of getting us to where we need to be? You need a bucket full of generational talents for a team of youngsters to help you compete for the PL. I don’t see that at all despite some promising talents.

How many youngsters are really capable of getting us to where we need to be? You need a bucket full of generational talents for a team of youngsters to help you compete for the PL. I don’t see that at all despite some promising talents.

We have to sign the right players of course - but i just can't see 3-4 of these players NOT breaking into the first 11 over the next 24 months

Its more about how you transition them into first team football. Plenty of players who have made it werent among the most talented we had, because they were more disciplined, professional or physically ahead. The better the youngsters are doing at youth level the more likely they'll be given chances to prove something at first team level and the more chances they'll be given before we give up on them.

We have a great selection of players coming through in certain positions but if they arent handled particularly well very few will make an impression on the first team. Theres also how much the manager trusts new young players to come in versus older, experienced players who havent been doing well enough. Does he pick the youngster or does he stick with the experienced player who is putting in 6/10 performances that arent good enough to get you results. The manager does have to get enough results to keep his job so thats an added factor.

Sunderland vs U18s New
U18s' starting XI vs Sunderland:

Murdock

Kamason
Munro
Armer
Kukonki

Baumann
Fitzgerald

Mantato
Ibragimov
Lusale

Musa

Subs: Byrne-Hughes, Mills, Thwaites, Lacey, Obi-Martin

Derby and Agbavodikeizu continuing to impress madly - the young striker with a hat-trick inside 30 minutes to put them 3-0 up against Leeds. Would be strange if we are not looking at this guy. 9 goals in 400 minutes of football is quite ok :)

Derby and Agbavodikeizu continuing to impress madly - the young striker with a hat-trick inside 30 minutes to put them 3-0 up against Leeds. Would be strange if we are not looking at this guy. 9 goals in 400 minutes of football is quite ok :)

Was released by West Ham last season, who then ‘replaced’ him with Majid Balogun who was released by us.

Another goal for Agbavodikeizu just before the break - that is 10 goals in 415 minutes of football. Insane numbers

If he continues to score 2 goals - sure. But he scored 4 goals in a match last season as well - and then almost didn't score more the rest of the season.

He played a total of two matches after that 4-goal game. He didn’t score in the first one but scored in the second one.

He played four matches as a winger last season:

1st match: 1 goal & 1 assist
2nd match: 4 goals
3rd match: No goal involvements
4th match: 1 goal

Last edited:
He played a total of two matches after that 4-goal game. He didn’t score in the first one but scored in the second one.

In fairness I meant the rest of the season as in before or after....I think he scored 6 goals + 2 assists in 14-15 games in all competitions. I just expect more from him because he should be getting a lot more goals and assists

In fairness I meant the rest of the season as in before or after....I think he scored 6 goals + 2 assists in 14-15 games in all competitions. I just expect more from him because he should be getting a lot more goals and assists

Three of which were as a LB. One of which was a 7-minute cameo in the UYL. One was a 5-minute cameo in the PL2. His G+A per minute is more than fine.