Non-televised academy matches | Newcastle vs U21s | Sat 26 Oct

and Wheatley runs the whole pitch and rolls it into an empty net

Wheatlet gets his hattrick. Open goal as their GK came up for the resulting corner from the earlier save. Finishes 5-3.

Phew!

Very entertaining match, but would have been a sickener had Norwich completed the comeback with that very late chance. As it is, made perfect with Wheatley completing his hat trick with the last kick.

FT

3-5 (Williams, Wheatley x3, Sharpe)

If you ignore the first 10 minutes and the last 10 minutes, it was a decent, solid performance. The positive thing is that there were no real weak links on the pitch tonight, in my opinion.

Gore & Amass good, Curley after the break too. Wheatley my PotM with a second half hat trick.

Kamason good again, noticably much improved on the ball. Had been his main weakness but he's looking really comfortable now.

EDIT: I should specify I mean his passing and keeping the ball in tight areas. Always been a really good ball carrier.

Think it was really important for Wheatley to bounce back after that horror show in the cup. And also a good sign that he responded to being benched by doing what he did

I don't think Wheatley was being benched. It was just rotation. There's a huge difference between the XI vs. Doncaster and the XI vs. Norwich U21s.

Make it make sense..

f3647b3984dc3f7b0a0a6a768b0fc5b3.png

Make it make sense..

Can't explain the inconsistency of saying it is being shown live and then saying it isn't.

But it does look like they're continuing with what seems to be the policy of showing more U18 games (even away ones v Spurs) and not bothering much with the U21's - even most home games with no clashes. So wouldn't be surprised if the not showing it live part proves to be accurate, sadly. But there's always hope they've at least decided to show some of the PL International Cup games for the U21's, if it turns out the Hertha match is on MUTV.

Make it make sense..

Confirmed showing in UK and Ireland. Harry wasn’t sure why the article was changed before. But he’s updated it now. Says he’ll outline the tv schedule for the matches every week in the academy briefing too so should be an improvement on the MUTV schedule always being wrong.

How in this day and age if it's been shown on MUTV UK and Ireland that overseas subscribers can't watch.

For those outside the UK & Ireland, Hertha will be streaming it on YouTube.

How in this day and age if it's been shown on MUTV UK and Ireland that overseas subscribers can't watch.

I wrote to them now, MUTV Feedback. What is this, discrimination? Do we pay the same fee as UK subscribers and don't get the same access to games? I'm furious and I won't renew my subscription.

U17s won their second PL Cup game tonight vs Nottingham Forest. Not sure of the final score but Ibragimov & Bassirou Nkoto scored two each.

Samuel Lusale came off the bench to make what I think must be his United debut.

U17s won their second PL Cup game tonight vs Nottingham Forest. Not sure of the final score but Ibragimov & Bassirou Nkoto scored two each.

Samuel Lusale came off the bench to make what I think must be his United debut.

Assuming the tiebreaker is GD, I believe we're pretty much through to the knockouts with one game to spare. Would take a massive goal swing.

Frustrating that the U21 home game this weekend again won't be on MUTV - this time because it clashes with the build up to the Villa match.

For once, a Saturday / Sunday U21 game falls at a time that doesn't directly clash with a televised PL match, and so can be shown and it is on Liverpool's channel. But because we are the televised game that kicks off just after it ends, we still won't be showing it because of the build up to the first team game.

Looks like our first National League Cup game next Wednesday at FGR will be shown live on MUTV.

From Harry Robinson:

Wednesday 9 October | Forest Green Rovers v UNITED U21s | Live on MUTV
Saturday 19 October | Sunderland v UNITED U18s | Not live on MUTV
Friday 25 October | Newcastle United v UNITED U21s | Not live on MUTV
Saturday 26 October | UNITED U18s v Nottingham Forest | Live on MUTV
Friday 1 November | Sunderland v UNITED U21s | Not live on MUTV
Saturday 2 November | UNITED U18s v Leeds United | Live on MUTV
Saturday 9 November | UNITED U18s v Everton | Live on MUTV

No mention of the UEFA Youth League games btw. We all know they won’t cover the away leg in any way, but it’d be once again nice if they at least acknowledged the existence of these matches.

Also no idea what the excuse for not showing the U21s game against Sunderland is. But it’s becoming obvious that they are refusing the cover the away games for most parts, so I guess that's the simple reason.

It looks like Sunderland have streamed most of their U21 games on YouTube, so hopefully that will the case for this one too.

Last edited:
Huddersfield beat Barnsley 2-0 in our EFL Trophy group.

Was hoping Barnsley would win, then only the winner of them and Doncaster in the final group games could finish above us and we'd already be through as either winners or runners up.

Now, we can be knocked out if we lose to Huddersfield and Doncaster pick up points v Barnsley. We either need to avoid defeat, or hope Barnsley win their home game v Doncaster (but they've got nothing to play for so will probably make even more changes than usual).

We've had two good results so far so should hopefully do enough to get through. It would be unlucky to get knocked out with 5 points, but it's possible now.

Fully that Huddersfield also beat Barnsley last week in the league with the same scoreline.

They are now 9th in League One and were in the Championship last season (obviously also played on the PL 5 years ago). Gonna be a tough opponent.

Fully that Huddersfield also beat Barnsley last week in the league with the same scoreline.

They are now 9th in League One and were in the Championship last season (obviously also played on the PL 5 years ago). Gonna be a tough opponent.

Then again they also lost to League Two Doncaster earlier in the group stage. So as always it very much depends on what kind of a team they will put out there.

We play Arsenal later this afternoon. Tough game, Max Dowman will be involved.