NHL 2024/2025

Can never have two many 2nd round picks. Laine is not worth his contract now, but Montreal are very unlikely to go to playoffs in the next 2 years, so doesn't matter. Best case for Montreal is that he plays well and they sell high after 1-1,5 years. Worst case is that he plays well and they sign him to a big contract. All offense, no defense players don't win you games and are never worth their contracts, but they do entertain, which isn’t worth nothing of course.

I’ll add a new thread mark here. That seems to be the way we’ve done things since 2017 :lol:
Ah, I missed that! And I see you updated the thead title. So it's officially the new season now!

Ah, I missed that! And I see you updated the thead title. So it's officially the new season now!

Yep, and same rules as before. No Habs chat unless it’s been pre-approved by me :smirk:

Horrendous news. So sad. feck drunk drivers!

Apparently the day before their sister's wedding as well, fecking hell man. RIP :(

The news of Johnny Gaudreau and brother's passing makes all hockey today meaningless. I may be an Oilers fan, and he may scored many a goal against us, but I just can't get over the brutality of the news. I should be watching GB v Norway in the Olympic qualifiers, but I just can't hockey takes second place today.

Olympic qualifiers completed, Denmark, Latvia and Slovakia through. GB did what I expected them to do and finish 3rd, no way we could compete with the Dane's or Norway in terms of talent on the ice. I'm not sure who'll get the invite once the IIHF confirms Russia can't compete. France has the better goal difference over Norway and Kazakhstan, so perhaps them.

@WeePat

I don't know if you followed Demidov this summer but one thing that surprised me is that he plays like a center, he is the driving plays, he plays as F1 on defense and competes along the boards. Also he seems to like to work from Gretzky's office and SKA has plays that put him in these situations. If the lad is decent at face offs, I could see him be the actual center in a line with Dach.