Nfl 2009-2010

Warner is apparently retiring after this post-season. I wonder if the Cardinals front-office and coaching staff is sold on Leinart. There are plenty of weapons on the offense for Leinart to succeed but he's struggled with these same weapons since being drafted. I figure they'll look to another veteran QB as insurance (hello Chad Pennington). Their draft should focus almost entirely on defense. They could also use a franchise RB as Hightower and Wells are more complimentary type backs (like Jones and Choice in Dallas).

Keep scoring, 1 pick, and its even with a score.

Could be a long, tight, and entertaining game.

I would say Greenbay. Always seems to be fantastic, even when they are losing.

Brees, again. Why cant teams stop the long ball against the Saints?

The Saints are clicking but the Cardinals aren't exactly that far behind. They need to go into the half down no more than 14 to have a chance to win. Stopping the Saints via a turnover or a punt would be ideal.

Pats fans/band-wagoners...

From what I'm hearing, Belichick is finally and belatedly blowing this thing up: flipping half the roster, dumping Randy Moss and Adalius Thomas, hiring new coordinators (one's already gone), splurging in free agency and either signing or drafting a stud running back to take pressure off Brady. Whether a 58-year-old man can rebuild this franchise AND coach it remains to be seen. I just know it's never been done before.

Bill Simmons: NFL playoff picks, Round 2 - ESPN (scroll down until you see Kurt Warner's image)

Warner just got fecked up!

Clean block but a bit cheap IMO.

Definitely clean. But I do agree that it's a bit cheap when teams just immediately look for the quarterback after an INT so they can take a free shot.

Edit: Although in this case Warner was the closest defender so it's totally legit. Anyone in that spot would've been rocked. It just looks worse that it's the quarterback.

Important stop for the Cardinals. Warner back on. The first drive should indicate whether they're capable of closing the gap.

They certainly are, it is their defense that is most important

Can someone tell me why the Cardinals just punted it when they're 24 points down?

Its a standard thing to do, because had they not gotten the first down if they went for it on 4th, the Saints would have had excellent field position. Most teams don't go for it unless its well into the 4th quarter.

The critical mistake the Cardinals made in this game (aside from turnovers) was trying to establish the run when they just dont have the tools to do it.

This game is practically over barring an epic meltdown by NO.

Dallas and Minnesota have far better defenses so I'd expect a very good game next week in New Orleans.

Its a standard thing to do, because had they not gotten the first down if they went for it on 4th, the Saints would have had excellent field position. Most teams don't go for it unless its well into the 4th quarter.

Oh I'm well aware of that mate. :lol:

I just meant that it was a pretty bad decision from Wisenhunt when their D has not be able to stop any sort of offence all night, or last week for that matter.

Good offense or not, giving up 45 points in consecutive games is never a good thing.

One question I still ponder is: Why in feck is Randy Gradishar not in the HOF?

One question I still ponder is: Why in feck is Randy Gradishar not in the HOF?

Because there are many good-to-great players still not enshrined.

Pearson, Krause, Stabler, Karras, Marshall, (Lester) Hayes, Guy, Kramer, (Cris) Carter, (Ken) Anderson, Christensen to name a few.

Oh I'm well aware of that mate. :lol:

I just meant that it was a pretty bad decision from Wisenhunt when their D has not be able to stop any sort of offence all night, or last week for that matter.

hehe....i thought you were asking me a noob question. :)

Looking forward to this now. Colts obvious favourites and unless Flacco is fully fit, with that pass rush, it will be an easy win for Peyton and co. Ray Rice has been beastly this season but a running game alone isn't good enough on offence, unless you play the patriots. (:D)

Was it me, just seemed that pass hit the ref

Deirdorf is a drunk and coke head, watch the game v the Saint(Broncos fan here) in 2004 and him and Enberg were shitcanned and one of them made a joke about getting the powdered sugar from the French quarter, I dont think they have called together a game since