Next Real Madrid manager | Glaston has a shocker

Without having heard rumors, I would be happy with Guti and more with Pochettino. I do not think that his new contract is an inconvenience.
However -and although nowadays it sounds strange-I would have loved Wenger many years ago and he always refused.
He would be my first choice.
Whoever is chosen now Florentino can do what he wants in the transfer market

Why the hell has Zidane quit?

Do you think Ronaldo/Bale have anything to do with it, will they leave now too or will they stay depending on who comes in?

He likes Mourinho and there were talks of Perez enquiring a few years ago. However, I honestly think Mou would reject as he knows what a shitehouse that club can be to manage.

Disagree on the club. Mourinho's problem would be the players who sold him out when he was there. Ramos being the prime candidate, who would be impossible to drop or sell.

Do you think Ronaldo/Bale have anything to do with it, will they leave now too or will they stay depending on who comes in?
Think he felt this is as good as it gets for him at Real. pretty much said it himself.

I'm not saying anyone can walk in, i'm saying no one should walk in. The players had respect for Zidane which is something they may not have had for previous managers. But they operate by themselves. This isn't Zidane's Real Madrid, this is just Real Madrid. There's no unique style or "philosophy" under him. He just had the respect of the players and allowed them to play their game. Perhaps they just need someone to come in and keep some sort of decorum or focus, but i'm convinced they don't need a manger in the traditional sense.
While I agree, they're all coming to their ends. Benzema, Ronaldo, Ramos, Marcelo and modric are all between 30 and 33, so while they're all still world class (not Benz, but yeah), nobody lasts forever so decline is inevitable. With 3 CL's won, and Zidane now gone, think its inevitable theyll all lose their hunger and decline will be quicker now. So the next managers will have to oversee that big transition.

Mmm maybe Klopp takes the Real job and brings in Salah,Mane and Firmino as replacements for BBC .

"I should be managing Real Madrid" - Sam Allardyce

He's got a 100% record with England on his C.V.

Disagree on the club. Mourinho's problem would be the players who sold him out when he was there. Ramos being the prime candidate, who would be impossible to drop or sell.

Maybe. Either way, he’s not going back for one or both of those reasons in my opinion.

What he said at a press conference.
It's a very difficult job, and the players need new challenges, another work system, shake up the dressing room. It seems understandable.
I'm sure any coach will be happy with Cris and Bale but if Zidane couldn't decide all the signings the new one won't do it either

With that said, Guti might be a great choice to replace Zidane. Not many people will know the youth of Real better than him.

Or, they carry on with wholesale Galactico policy and they get a big name in - maybe Wenger, Capello, Conte, LVG?

Can't he just resign? Is that not allowed?

Step into the spotlight, Mr Allardyce.

I mean, from 2005 to 2010 they couldn't get past the Last 16 in the Champions League

Then Mourinho came to town

Jose is a great manager that's why. I'm not arguing that a great manager can't come in and do something with them, i'm saying that they could probably do great things even without said great manager. I'm of the belief that they would have achieved better things without those managers who came before Jose. I just find them unique in that sense. The managers are disposable and are at the mercy of the president; he's the real person in charge. As i said, perhaps they just need someone to come in that the players have respect for and just allow them to be them.

I just don't see Madrid as having a particular identity or philosophy (for lack of a better word) like some of the best clubs in history had. I'm not saying that to diminish them or in a belittling way as they're the most successful club ever. They're just unique in that way. I suppose that could be their "identity"; that they're so unique. Regardless of who comes in, they're just Madrid. And, imo, they could go along being Madrid without a traditional manager.

While I agree, they're all coming to their ends. Benzema, Ronaldo, Ramos, Marcelo and modric are all between 30 and 33, so while they're all still world class (not Benz, but yeah), nobody lasts forever so decline is inevitable. With 3 CL's won, and Zidane now gone, think its inevitable theyll all lose their hunger and decline will be quicker now. So the next managers will have to oversee that big transition.

Well the president will more than likely see that change anyway. He picks and buys the player for the most part. I think that hunger is just part of their DNA, tbh. Saying that, i'm interested to see who they bring in. Despite my belief they're obviously going to pick someone. And good luck to the guy who has to follow 3 Champions Leagues in a row! :lol:

I'd like to see Brendan or Moyes managing Real Madrid. Those two haven't fulfilled their potentials, in Madrid They probably could.

Guillem Balague - He could go from being journo and director of football of Biggleswade United to managing the biggest club in the world. It'd be a great story to follow. I'll leave my smart arse suggestions there :lol:

I always thought Cules loves Ballbag because you know, he is pro Barca.

Perez loves Jose. Would Jose’s head get turned if he comes calling? :nervous:

He's signed a new contract, literally days ago.

There's zero chance of him now wanting out.
There’s a GREAT chance of him wanting out. However the good thing for you is you can hold onto him or get a big fee.

Mourinho is available... £10m and he's yours.

Ok, have him for free.

He's signed a new contract, literally days ago.

There's zero chance of him now wanting out.
Well, I suspect Spurs wont let him leave now. Rather a high chance he would jump through a window to leave Spurs for Real Madrid

I'm conflicted....

I want Wenger to get the job and finally show the world what he can do with a real team of players but the thought of Spurs losing Poch and being thoroughly weakened in the process is too much.

I'm conflicted....

I want Wenger to get the job and finally show the world what he can do with a real team of players but the thought of Spurs losing Poch and being thoroughly weakened in the process is too much.
I hope Perez goes for Klopp or St Pep

I don't think Klopp would be interested.... always turns down big teams Utd, Bayern

likes to go to manage teams where there is no pressure