Next Real Madrid manager | Glaston has a shocker

If there's one team that doesn't need a manager it's these lot. The club has never really been about the manager. They almost manage themselves. Hence why despite his incredible record, Zidane is still being questioned. They're a group of individuals who manage to do it when it matters and come together and fight for the cause. That's why when Bale and Ronaldo came out just after winning their 3rd Champions League in a row, nobody was surprised. They go back to being individuals when it's all over.

I'm almost certain they could just operate with the president in charge and just act autonomously.

Give it to Crissy....

But I don't see any top/experienced managers (besides Wenger, who I don't consider top anymore) currently who can take the role. Tuchel is with PSG, Emery has gone to Arsenal, don't think Jupp would want to come back into managing again. They'l have to pluck someone from another club now.

If there's one team that doesn't need a manager it's these lot. The club has never really been about the manager. They almost manage themselves. Hence why despite his incredible record, Zidane is still being questioned. They're a group of individuals who manage to do it when it matters and come together and fight for the cause. That's why when Bale and Ronaldo came out just after winning their 3rd Champions League in a row, nobody was surprised. They go back to being individuals when it's all over.

I'm almost certain they could just operate with the president in charge and just act autonomously.

I mean...we say this, but before Zidane went there they'd only won one CL since 2002, and had regularly been getting beaten out to La Liga by Barca. They may not depend on a manager as much as other clubs and they'll always be top three barring a disaster, but we shouldn't just assume anyone can walk in and win with them.

Huge transition on the way for Madrid. Can see managers being changed every year after this from Zidane. Nobody will be able to follow him

Guillem Balague - He could go from being journo and director of football of Biggleswade United to managing the biggest club in the world. It'd be a great story to follow. I'll leave my smart arse suggestions there :lol:

I guess Conte has mailed his CV by now :smirk:

Zizou just couldn't take the egomaniacs there anymore. Constant me-me-me-me-all-about-me people would get on anyone's nerves I guess no matter how successful you are or how much you make money.

Guys, you think Perez would go for Mourinho again?

It's almost the same squad that was happy to see him gone in the first place. I also don't think Mourinho has helped his reputation with his 2nd Chelsea stint and his time at United.

Without having heard rumors, I would be happy with Guti and more with Pochettino. I do not think that his new contract is an inconvenience.
However -and although nowadays it sounds strange-I would have loved Wenger many years ago and he always refused.
He would be my first choice.
Whoever is chosen now Florentino can do what he wants in the transfer market

Think they will hire a local manager or a former player on a short term, who will feck it up and get fired. Then they will go for a big boy

Only big name left is Conte, once he is sacked at Chelsea. Otherwise they might have to go for a lesser name and hope he keeps the ball rolling.

I'd be more intrigued as to where Zidane goes next. See how he actually manages in the real world!

I mean...we say this, but before Zidane went there they'd only won one CL since 2002, and had regularly been getting beaten out to La Liga by Barca. They may not depend on a manager as much as other clubs and they'll always be top three barring a disaster, but we shouldn't just assume anyone can walk in and win with them.

I'm not saying anyone can walk in, i'm saying no one should walk in. The players had respect for Zidane which is something they may not have had for previous managers. But they operate by themselves. This isn't Zidane's Real Madrid, this is just Real Madrid. There's no unique style or "philosophy" under him. He just had the respect of the players and allowed them to play their game. Perhaps they just need someone to come in and keep some sort of decorum or focus, but i'm convinced they don't need a manger in the traditional sense.

Poch probably banging his head against the wall now thinking about the new contract he signed.:lol:

Didn't the contract contain a buyout clause in case Madrid came sniffing about? Or was it only a Spanish media invention?

I reckon they'll try and get Pochettino and Spurs will go back to being a Europa League team.

Where we belong eh? This is just what you hope you don’t like that’s there’s another team up there competing with you. Nothing is guaranteed but Pochettino seems like a man of integrity I highly doubt he’ll walk away a week after signing a new contract

Different closer journalists to Florentino saying Pochettino is the #1 favourite for the president. No more info, just his intention.

Zidane has never not won the Champions League as manager.

Good luck to whoever next...

Didn't the contract contain a buyout clause in case Madrid came sniffing about? Or was it only a Spanish media invention?

Probably an invention. Makes no sense to give your coach a new contract with a clause that he can jump ship whenever he wants if his dream clubs come calling.

Zidane is so smart. Leave on a legendary high and not have to deal with the rebuild and issue with Bale wanting game time. What a legacy.

I mean, from 2005 to 2010 they couldn't get past the Last 16 in the Champions League

Then Mourinho came to town

Guys, you think Perez would go for Mourinho again?

He likes Mourinho and there were talks of Perez enquiring a few years ago. However, I honestly think Mou would reject as he knows what a shitehouse that club can be to manage.