Next Real Madrid manager | Glaston has a shocker

I can’t see Perez going for him at this stage, but I’d quite like Wenger to win a La Liga with Real and have one last crack at the CL.

Why not? The market is rather empty.

Now Perez, go get Klopp.

I have a tent forming in my pants at the prospect of this happening and I'm not even wearing any pants. Go figure.

Seriously, this could happen if Poch turns them down. I think Klopp would get more out of Real's current crop of players than Poch would anyway.

So what's with this Schrödinger's cat clause? Apparently Pochettino agreed a clause when he renewed. Now the most recent news is that he had it before the new contract but he doesn't have it now. It doesn't make any sense. The more you improve in your job the more chances you want to have in order to evolve in your profession. Some people are lying about this, and I suspect those are the ones releasing the latest news.

Last edited:
Why not? The market is rather empty.

I get the impression that Wenger’s stock isn’t as high at the continent as it used to be, but I could be wrong! It would be fascinating to see him there.

Rumours the German bottler is fluttering his eyelashes in the direction of Madrid.

They'd be mad to go with him, they need a winner. Klopp is great for taking an underdog team on a good journey. He's a very good manager in that field.

Mauricio Pochettino: “What will be, will be...I must let football take me where it wants, that I do not have to change my destiny”

Come and get me plea from Poch.

Klopp the serial loser clown? All these years and I still can't work you Utd fans out. :wenger:
That's your issue and I will leave it out for you to fix it.
Atleast you got it right with the first half of your post.

Mauricio Pochettino: “What will be, will be...I must let football take me where it wants, that I do not have to change my destiny”
Poch, the Argentinian Brendan.

Real Madrid don't need a coach that is systematic, if anything that could cause a big problem. They need a person that can manage the egos, an administrator more than a constructor trying to implement a tactical scheme. Pochettino might have a problem implementing his football there with Ronaldo there and the fact that he has not won anything. The players ultimately have the power there so he will face an uphill task going there. That will be the same problem for Sarri. Allegri would be a better fit for them as would Arsene Wenger if I'm honest. They have the most elite talent in football in every position, so managing them must take priority.

Rumours the German bottler is fluttering his eyelashes in the direction of Madrid.

They'd be mad to go with him, they need a winner. Klopp is great for taking an underdog team on a good journey. He's a very good manager in that field.

Klopp's a recipe for disaster in Madrid. His loud, over the top style, combined with his lack of Spanish will rub the Madrid establishment and media the wrong way. And he doen’t seem as one who will bow down to Perez and accept all his impositions.

A left field candidate I can think off is Sampaoli. He's probably stopping with Argentina after the WC and has experience in La Liga.

Poch

Poch: at Spurs we've achieved the first objective of returning to the CL. We had to close the gap to the top. But also we've created an atmosphere of togetherness which is fundamental to this exciting project

We’re a great group of people. The technical staff, the board and the players we all believe in this project. We want to make the new stadium a reference in football. And we see people want to be part of this special project

”The link now with Madrid is normal and I take it with all normality. I’m committed to Spurs and still have a long contract with them I just signed. I’m happy where I am, and to be here talking about this book.”

“I am very happy to be at Tottenham. Let’s enjoy this moment now and in the future see what happens.”

Sky sports reporter: are you ready for a challenge like Madrid?
Poch: right now I am ready for lunch. I'm looking forward to going back to London

Sky: surely no one says no to Madrid. It's impossible isn't it?
Poch: for you maybe. Not for me

:lol:

Last edited:
Last edited:
Poch

Poch: at Spurs we've achieved the first objective of returning to the CL. We had to close the gap to the top. But also we've created an atmosphere of togetherness which is fundamental to this exciting project

We’re a great group of people. The technical staff, the board and the players we all believe in this project. We want to make the new stadium a reference in football. And we see people want to be part of this special project

”The link now with Madrid is normal and I take it with all normality. I’m committed to Spurs and still have a long contract with them I just signed. I’m happy where I am, and to be here talking about this book.”

“I am very happy to be at Tottenham. Let’s enjoy this moment now and in the future see what happens.”

Poch: right now I am ready for lunch. I'm looking forward to going back to London

A carrier in politics beckons!

ABC write today that Zidane and the board clashed in several decisions.
The future of Navas, Bale, Cristiano, Benzema as well as the possible arrival of Neymar.
I am curious to know who the coach will be and how he will be able to adapt. I read somewhere that Florentino thought of Raúl, who just got the title (as well as Alonso, who will train children in Valdebebas) but apparently would not be available until 2019. Actually as many posters say, training now Madrid is very dangerous. The comparisons will be constant and may be distrustful players. He will have to be very diplomatic and populist.
Pochettino is smart and I think he would manage the situation, always with the need of immediate results.
I believe that Pochettino is crazy for training here. I think that managing the talents that are coming to Valdebebas,and a face to face with Barcelona could be very attractive.
He did not play at Madrid, but Espanyol is the closest thing there is.
That's the thing. Pochettino is known to be very undiplomatic, and more of a process manager than results first.
He has that "my way or the high way" reputation and has many casualties at Espanyol, Southampton and Barca.
His first act in Espanyol was to banish the captain, who thought he was his friend. Just look at how many top players he's relegated at Spurs?

Good time for Zidane to leave, they did not do well in the league. They need a new manager with fresh ideas.

I don't see the perfect candidate lined up right now, will be interesting to see who they go for after Pochettino declines.

Michael Laudrup's agent saying he has been contacted and his client is available.

Fits Florentino Perez' profile (good manners and look, experience in la Liga, knows the language and could probably command respect from players). Don't know if he has enough fire/malice to make it work.

Poch would be the best they could get as he could continue the development of Asensio, Lucas etc.

Though I think this won't happen unless Madrid is willing to pay a crazy fee to Levy!

I know it’s surprising but Lucas turns 27 next month.

Yeah, you are in a good place. You need to bring a couple of CMs in the next two years, a top forward and maybe a goalkeeper. With Kroos, Vallejo, Asensio, Isco, Varane, Carvajal and Casemiro you ave a solid backbone supported by veterans like Marcelo, Modric and maybe Bale. I consider Ronaldo like a bonus in the sense that it's great to have and he is prolific but your team actually work without him.

Kovacic and Ceballos have the talent to provide cover for Kroos/Modric and also replace them in the future. They need to perform, their chance is coming.

I know it’s surprising but Lucas turns 27 next month.

Kovacic and Ceballos have the talent to provide cover for Kroos/Modric and also replace them in the future. They need to perform, their chance is coming.

Good point, I totally forgot them. The talks about a massive rebuild are more and more ridiculous. In reality they just need to spend everything they have on a huge forward talent, I was reading that PSG would be more open to sell Mbappé than Neymar too.

Poch

Sky: surely no one says no to Madrid. It's impossible isn't it?
Poch: for you maybe. Not for me

Is that the entire conversation or did you simply paste in the bits most favourable to Spurs?

Last edited:
Michael Laudrup's agent saying he has been contacted and his client is available.

Fits Florentino Perez' profile (good manners and look, experience in la Liga, knows the language and could probably command respect from players). Don't know if he has enough fire/malice to make it work.

The best ex-player who is managing (probably ever) but hasn't really had a great managerial career so hard to imagine that his aura would have the same effect as Zidane who hadn't done anything (including nothing wrong).

I prefer Pochettino.Some fans think that the direct style of Klopp could be good for Madrid,but I am not so sure.
Pochettino knows spanish and la liga.I always liked him,from his time being a player in Espanyol.
I don't want Conte and not too excited about Allegri.

Well, thinking about it for more than 2 minutes I realise that you don't have a team that fits that gegenpressen tactic in the slightest. He'd either need to change his methods or buy a new team. Ronaldo in a high press :nono:

I rate Pochettino, I think he's a top manager and the "serial loser" that gets bandied about is ridiculous given he's never managed a top side. I'd still worry that he won't be given time if the going gets tough and he's just forced Levy into bankrolling a change of direction.

Question is, if he were to leave Spurs, would Levy then go back to the tight business operator of before or would a new manager get the same backing in the market Poch is apparently getting this summer. On a United front, we should try and wrap up that Alderweireld deal sharpish.

Real would have to pay what Spurs would pay Poch in wages? How does that make any sense?
You always have to pay out of a contact, whether it be a phone bill or a football player. They’re legal agreements and the only way out is by mutual agreement, a breach of contract or paying out.

That's the thing. Pochettino is known to be very undiplomatic, and more of a process manager than results first.
He has that "my way or the high way" reputation and has many casualties at Espanyol, Southampton and Barca.
His first act in Espanyol was to banish the captain, who thought he was his friend. Just look at how many top players he's relegated at Spurs?
He has to focus that personality on winning the players and getting involved.
In Espanyol he was quite loved by the players and it seems that in Tottenham as sell.
Even if the club is not his profile I'm sure he would adapt to the circumstances.
Well, thinking about it for more than 2 minutes I realise that you don't have a team that fits that gegenpressen tactic in the slightest. He'd either need to change his methods or buy a new team. Ronaldo in a high press :nono:
I rate Pochettino, I think he's a top manager and the "serial loser" that gets bandied about is ridiculous given he's never managed a top side. I'd still worry that he won't be given time if the going gets tough and he's just forced Levy into bankrolling a change of direction.

Question is, if he were to leave Spurs, would Levy then go back to the tight business operator of before or would a new manager get the same backing in the market Poch is apparently getting this summer. On a United front, we should try and wrap up that Alderweireld deal sharpish.
I am much more simplistic. He has to play nice and win something.
If Zidane had a constant conflict with Florentino and J.ASanchez with Pochettino would be same.
The idea that I have of Pochettino is that of a well-worked team.

He could be a good option too

The response from Low is what I would want to see from Poch if I were a Spurs fan.

He is trying to keep both parties happy, not full on rejecting the approach from Madrid, but also leaving the door open. He can't say he wants to move to Madrid if they actually cannot get him out his contract because the players and fans would know where is heart was. He also can't say there is no chance he will go to Madrid now because he clearly knows these sorts of jobs are not always on offer.

Tough one for him as I would like to see him take them into the new stadium, but I definitely think that him leaving would weaken Spurs which is only good news for United.

Obviously. Poch is not going to pay the breach of contract money from his pocket
:rolleyes: Jesus fecking Christ. How could you think that was what I was suggesting. I'm questioning why the amount of the compensation should be exactly equal to the full "worth" of his current contract, i.e. what Spurs would end up paying in wages if he stayed for the whole duration. Why not less, why not more.

Makes sense, the Germany job is his for life. Why quit a stress-free, well-paying cushy job for the blood pressure raising hot seat in Madrid where you will be heckled by big egos like Ramos and Ronaldo and eventually sacked by Perez leaving you in no-man's land.

You always have to pay out of a contact, whether it be a phone bill or a football player. They’re legal agreements and the only way out is by mutual agreement, a breach of contract or paying out.
:mad: No-one understands my fecking question. I'm not questioning why compensation from Real to Spurs is necessary. I'm questioning why the amount should be equal to what Poch would earn over the duration of his current contract. Is it because that's the amount Spurs has put his worth to them at?

:mad: No-one understands my fecking question. I'm not questioning why compensation from Real to Spurs is necessary. I'm questioning why the amount should be equal to what Poch would earn over the duration of his current contract. Is it because that's the amount Spurs has put his worth to them at?

Bloody hell. Chill out.

I think Pochettino would be crazy to take this job after they just won 3 CLs. The minute they get eliminated he'll be at risk of being fired. I'd hang on at Spurs for now and hope to get a big job that won't sack you right away for not winning the CL or league like United or one where you're pretty sure you can win the league like Bayern, PSG or Juve.

No its contractual that the contract would need to be paid out without an agreement on compensation.

:rolleyes: Jesus fecking Christ. How could you think that was what I was suggesting. I'm questioning why the amount of the compensation should be exactly equal to the full "worth" of his current contract, i.e. what Spurs would end up paying in wages if he stayed for the whole duration. Why not less, why not more.
Depends on what are the terms of the contract right. I won't be surprised if the contract is worded in a way that
- Full amount if either breaches contract in Year 1
- X amount if in year 2

and so on.

As per popular rumours when we fired Moyes, he was due almost full amount if we had fired him if he achieved top 4 and significantly less amount if he was fired after top 4 was no longer gettable. It was something like 30M and 6M.
So we waited till top 4 was gone and then threw him out instantly

It depends on the specifics of his contract. I don't know if British labor law has some specifics on what is allowed in this case. In Spain, all contracts must contain a release or penalty clause.

It’s because that’s the worth of Poch’s contract. If you’ve got a phone contract on £30 a month and you want out 3 months early, you’ll have to pay the phone company £90.

Also calm down, Jesus.

It’s because that’s the worth of Poch’s contract. If you’ve got a phone contract on £30 a month and you want out 3 months early, you’ll have to pay the phone company £90.

Also calm down, Jesus.

It doesnt work like that in practise. They'd agree on some middle ground. You really can't force a contract on intelectual thing. Poch could easilly not doing anything other than coming to work. Hence at the end of the day contract means nothing. Although no manager or club would go to such extend as it's bad for business.