Next Real Madrid manager | Glaston has a shocker

You're simplifying alot of things if you think madrid is a small club that gives out a manager like poch 5 years to properly rebuilt.
Real Madrid don’t need to rebuild. They need one new forward, that’s it.

Poch is more than good enough to manage that team.

Why do people always bring up Poch's lack of trophies? How many trophies did Zidane and Pep won when they took on Real and Barca respectively? Also didn't stop Tuchel and Sarri to be flavor of the month managers. Not every manager have impressive CVs like Mourinho. LVG and Ancelotti has trophies but that doesn't mean he'll flourish at Real.

Personally think he will do great rebuilding job at Real if Perez can afford him the patience. Would prefer it if Poch stays in the EPL and eventually succeeding Mourinho though.

Because trying to lead that team demands the respect that a coach with 0 trophies for his career isn't likely to get. Zidane got it because he's Zidane.

It's Real Madrid, patience isn't part of their whole thing. People here are making it sound like they need a major rebuild when it's not the case as of now. They won 4 of the last 5 Champions Leagues, the players showed their worth and they deserve loyalty.

Real Madrid don’t need to rebuild. They need one new forward, that’s it.

Yup, glad at least Barcelona fans aren't as clueless as some people here talking about a big rebuild and Zidane leaving because of that, like wtf are they talking about. So yeah, hope we do get a Pochettino and center forward. :nervous:

Any Chance Poch knew that Zidane would resign soon and therefore helped out Spurs with a new contract (And presumable a high Release Clause) to facilitate a smooth and controversy free exit ?

Thanks buddy. I'm quite curious to know what the residents here think, like @carvajal @giorno ?

It would pretty much destroy the morale at Liverpool or Spurs if either manager were to jump ship. A huge transitional period ahead for Real Madrid, not really sure what they need. Certainly don't think they need someone who keeps things ticking, they need freshness. Both those managers would fit that criteria. Personally, if I was in that Real Madrid camp I'd prefer Klopp to Pochettino.

Wouldn't be surprised if they go for Allegri though.
I prefer Pochettino.Some fans think that the direct style of Klopp could be good for Madrid,but I am not so sure.
Pochettino knows spanish and la liga.I always liked him,from his time being a player in Espanyol.
I don't want Conte and not too excited about Allegri.

Surprised why Wenger isn’t being mentioned more. He has a great reputation and track record of working with top class players and bringing out the best in them. His problem at Arsenal was mainly finances and poor recruitment which won’t be an issue at RM. Given a world class team Wenger would deliver world class football that’s how it works.

Surprised why Wenger isn’t being mentioned more. He has a great reputation and track record of working with top class players and bringing out the best in them. His problem at Arsenal was mainly finances and poor recruitment which won’t be an issue at RM. Given a world class team Wenger would deliver world class football that’s how it works.

For 1 second I thought it was 2006.

Klopp or Poch would be great for two reasons....a) I hate Liverpool and b) I hate Tottenham.
Taking Salah or Kane with them would be the icing on the cake. :drool:

Poch would be the best they could get as he could continue the development of Asensio, Lucas etc.

Though I think this won't happen unless Madrid is willing to pay a crazy fee to Levy!

For 1 second I thought it was 2006.

Kind of ironic that Sanchez and RVP are the best 2 players Utd have signed since then isn’t it? With Sanchez hopefully ending up as a flop.

Wouldnt mind them taking either Klopp or Poch as that would weaken our rivals, obviously, but from a Madrid POV I'm not sure if their high pressing, high intensity game would suit Real's aging 1st team.

Wouldnt mind them taking either Klopp or Poch as that would weaken our rivals, obviously, but from a Madrid POV I'm not sure if their high pressing, high intensity game would suit Real's aging 1st team.
Don't see Klopp going soon, sadly. He's worked hard at implementing his ideas at Liverpool and they're willing to spend to take it further. For Pochettino, it's different. He's seemingly wanted the Madrid job prior to Spurs' as well. And Spurs don't spend enough to realise the aims he presumably has.

Kind of ironic that Sanchez and RVP are the best 2 players Utd have signed since then isn’t it? With Sanchez hopefully ending up as a flop.
In that alternate reality, was DDG not born either?

They can target our manager. I'm sure he'll bring about another record goal scoring domestic season for them...

In that alternate reality, was DDG not born either?

The comment seems completely irrelevant to what they've quoted. What the hell do RVP and Sanchez have to do with Wenger not being a top manager for over a decade? Just looks like a salty Arsenal fan bringing up Sanchez being a 'flop' in his first 4 months at United.

The comment seems completely irrelevant to what they've quoted. What the hell do RVP and Sanchez have to do with Wenger not being a top manager for over a decade? Just looks like a salty Arsenal fan bringing up Sanchez being a 'flop' in his first 4 months at United.

The point being made is that Wenger’s track record of working with world class players and getting the best out of them is impeccable. The few world class players at Arsenal since 2006 have all put in their best career performances in an Arsenal jersey.

Hence the argument why Wenger would be suitable for Real Madrid where he won’t have to worry about money and developing kids and instead only focus on getting world class players to put in world class peformances.

Simple isn’t it?

Yup, glad at least Barcelona fans aren't as clueless as some people here talking about a big rebuild and Zidane leaving because of that, like wtf are they talking about. So yeah, hope we do get a Pochettino and center forward. :nervous:

It's because on the Caf, players have one foot in the grave the day they turn 30.

Pochettino will prove to be Madrid's Moyes. Madrid will struggle to finish top 4 under him. Harry Kane will be his Fellaini, while Bale will be able to extract Rooney like contract from him. Ronaldo will leave dejected in a year's time like RVP.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pochettino to be Madrid would be perfect, he will definitely get fired(too many egos in Madrid dressing room for him to manage IMO), we will also part ways with Mourinho next season and get Pochettino on the cheap without needing to haggle with Levy.

I hope Poch goes there and gets sacked in a season or two just in time for us to scoop in after Jose leaves. Meanwhile LvG to Tottenham please. :drool:

Yeah, you are in a good place. You need to bring a couple of CMs in the next two years, a top forward and maybe a goalkeeper. With Kroos, Vallejo, Asensio, Isco, Varane, Carvajal and Casemiro you ave a solid backbone supported by veterans like Marcelo, Modric and maybe Bale. I consider Ronaldo like a bonus in the sense that it's great to have and he is prolific but your team actually work without him.

Yeah, you are in a good place. You need to bring a couple of CMs in the next two years, a top forward and maybe a goalkeeper. With Kroos, Vallejo, Asensio, Isco, Varane, Carvajal and Casemiro you ave a solid backbone supported by veterans like Marcelo, Modric and maybe Bale. I consider Ronaldo like a bonus in the sense that it's great to have and he is prolific but your team actually work without him.
As evidenced in the first half of this season, that could not be further from the truth.

Ronaldo in bad form, Real struggle badly.

As evidenced in the first half of this season, that could not be further from the truth.

Ronaldo in bad form, Real struggle badly.

Actually the first half of the season is an example, they are still a pretty good team when he is out of form, they obviously lack some consistency. Their backbone is very good, the problem is that when he is out of form he will have the tendency to try to force things and damage the team cohesion and patience.

Actually the first half of the season is an example, they are still a pretty good team when he is out of form, they obviously lack some consistency. Their backbone is very good, the problem is that when he is out of form he will have the tendency to try to force things and damage the team cohesion and patience.
What they served up in their first half season can be described with anything but ‘good’. Their whole system relies on him to function properly, when he doesn’t. They end up relying on opposition keepers to crate their goals.

My hopes for next RM manager:
1) Klopp
2) Poch
3) Wenger
4) Moyes/LVG

The meltdown followed by emotional farewell if it's either of Klopp or Poch would be hilarious. They would be considered club legends despite both being trophyless.

Madrid finished 3rd ffs. Zidane was a dead man walking until the CL win. He was under pressure for months.

Which is quite clear in hindsight because Zidane has resigned. There's a reason he resigned, and he has already cited the Madrid job was difficult and he doesn't think he can take the team any further.

It's all well and good saying Madrid have talented young players but they are no replacements for Modric and Ronaldo. They also need a better striker than benzema.

There is a huge job on there. I don't think players like Modric and Ronaldo have yet another amazing season in them. This season in the league they couldn't deliver. CL they could get themselves up for as it's a game every few weeks but the league everyone struggled. The new manager will need to be given time at a club which wants instant success and where you aren't given time.

Just wanted to point out that people who think Ziadane was safe in his job and not facing the sack are deluded. For this reason Poch would have not signed a new contract at Spurs as he would have waited to see how the Madrid thing played out. That he did sign the contract means he isn't thinking about leaving.

Because we are about to move into our new stadium at a really exciting period for the club and you think Levy sells our talisman to Madrid whilst losing our esteemed manager at the same time?

If Poch did go it would be gutting but Levy wouldn't let any Spurs player leave for there in a million years. Well at least this summer anyway. Then by next summer Madrid would have sacked Poch and it's a moot point.

I think they should get a Benitez type first before they employ the coach they actually want.

I can easily see the appeal of every non Spurs or non Pool fans to promote Poch or Klopp to Real. Because both are perceived good managers and both potentially lure stars of their current squads thus weakening them significantly.

And I think the united fans are relieved that Mou is not exactly wanted man in Real as it would mean losing your savior in goal to Real pretty soon

I think this won't happen. Poch knows he's unlikely to replicate Zidane's success. Better let someone else get sacked and then join Real.

It’s going to be a very interesting rebuild job at Madrid. How do you replace all those aging stars at a time when each replacement player is going to cost close to 100m. Hope Wenger gets it.

Like Barcelona, they won't be able replace all of them.

You won't find another Ronaldo, Ramos, Marcelo or Modric at the moment in todays market.

Ramos 32 - Match winning CB, probably the best all round defender the past 6 years.
Marcelo 30 - In my opinion, he's the greatest of all time attacking wise. Big game player, match winner.
Modric 32 - Best CM in the world the past 4 years, easily.
Ronaldo 33 - Once in a life time talent and GOAT goal scorer. They might ever replace him, not even in 100 years.

End of an era. They can't be upset though, their squad won 4 of 5 CL. The rebuild needed is massive though, given they have to replace Bale and Benzema too. Top attacking players can go for 100m+ each.