New French Tax rate

75% of everything over 1 million euros, it's much fairer than the 45% nonsense we have at the moment. People can't just keep holding those levels of resources, it's not sustainable.

45% is already wrong, 75% is beyond ridiculous.

So if the majority of PSG's players recieve their pay "after tax" it actually does double PSG's wage bill.

Tbf if you earn a Million a year you will still be left with 250,000 so its not like you are no longer successful

Hahaha. There are kids dying everyday in Africa and Asia of hunger. Why not give every luxury up, live on a bare minimum and make this world a better place?

Providing someone else with 2 meals a day is better than just being selfish and successful. Are you in?

That is astonishing piece of business on his part. Just think what PSGs gross wage bill will be. :eek:

It's the only reason why he accepted to play in France.He didn't even act like a hypocrite about it, he said (while talking in the 3rd person) that if you wanted a player of his quality, you had to pay for it

So if the majority of PSG's players recieve their pay "after tax" it actually does double PSG's wage bill.

I wonder if the players they have signed very recently would have negotiated that into their contract as this was on the horizon. I would think so.

But, but, but... it's too much!
Of course it's too much, diverting resources into one man's pocket to the detriment of the many. Don't you think footballers earning £250K a week is a fecking joke when the people who go to see them average £25K a year?

Wasn't that the issue that was hanging up Zlatan's move. I think he is safe, and I am sure so are most players.

How long has this tax been known about? It's probably only the most recent contracts that have taken this into account, though any contract negotiations aren't going to be easy for PSG.

Tbf if you earn a Million a year you will still be left with 250,000 so its not like you are no longer successful

You don't understand how tax works, it's 75% on everything over a million. If you earn 2 million the second one would be taxed at 75%

I don't know if the likes of Thiago Silva or Lavezzi for instance negotiated it like with the club (I doubt it otherwise it'd have been mentioned in the medias) but Zlatan is setting a precedent for any future superstar they might try to lure.

Wow, that's a very impressive move. A choice between this and spending cuts seems pretty clear to me. Hopefully other countries follow suit.

Ha! and they're paying Moura 200k a week as well.

Hahaha. There are kids dying everyday in Africa and Asia of hunger. Why not give every luxury up, live on a bare minimum and make this world a better place?

Providing someone else with 2 meals a day is better than just being selfish and successful. Are you in?

250 grand is the bare minimum? Where the feck do you live.

Edit: cheers to the guy above who explained it is only on income over a million.

That's what's going to happen over time - equalisation of wages and living conditions across the planet for most people. Then we'll eat the rich.

Wow, that's a very impressive move. A choice between this and spending cuts seems pretty clear to me. Hopefully other countries follow suit.

They've done 2/3rds tax rise, 1/3rd spending cuts and those tax rises are aimed at the top, seems a better balance then weve struck

Aye, either you slash spending meaning the poorest and most vulnerable in society suffer, or you the tax the super rich so that they become slightly less rich millionaires.

So there is a punishment for being rich?

I know many have acquired wealth easily but there are many who have worked really hard and smart to earn their wealth too.

Even if they earned it?

How do you earn the equivalent of what it takes to feed 43000 people in the horn of Africa in a day after tax? Capitalism favours runaway selection of a limited number of individuals who gather more and more of the available resources because effort required to gather wealth is directly related to the amount of wealth you already have. It's a flawed system.

I was reading the other day about Bernard Arnault, the richest man in France, trying to get Belgian nationality to avoid this.
Many greedy French entrepreneurs are leaving because of Hollande's legislations. If only Dave have the same backbone...

I don't think it will affect PSG's growth directly, for one they don't have any competition locally -- it's a one-city club so there are massive benefits to those who want to invest in them.

Shit doesn't begin to describe it. If sex was actually how she describes it, no one would ever do it.
It's not really a novel it's a framework for her fots, which are partly fascism and partly a repressed 14-year-old's sexual/power fantasies.

They've done 2/3rds tax rise, 1/3rd spending cuts and those tax rises are aimed at the top, seems a better balance then weve struck

No question man, it's great. Never expected anything different under the Tories though, did you? It's a very bold move, if it works then come election labour will hopefully implement something similar.

That's not how things work. It's not just one or the other so it isn't very clear, now is it.

That's not how things work. It's not just one or the other so it isn't very clear, now is it.
Well you lot didn't feck about did you? 'We're not handing over loads of money to a load of foreign investors'.

I guess it's possible that at the age of 63 he discovered he was Belgian at heart just at the time he learnt the French government were going to take some of his money.

fecking excellent move.

The idea that the wealthy have worked harder for their wealth always tickles me. Half of them are successful because of their parents.

Wonderful move by France.