NBA 2023-2024

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
It's what they say though, living in LA is something many of them aspire to
Yea, don't know how much it that is true and how much is played to by the media.

I can understand the attraction of a franchise like the Lakers with their prestige. But if it's just about LA then Clippers would be a big attraction for free agents as well, which it hasn't been that much.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Michael Jordan about Edwards - "there are similarities in our games"
I went from a Perkins hater to agreeing with him all season long(outside of his late love for the Clippers).:lol:

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Considering how weak that draft class was seen, there are 3 absolute stars that came out of it (Ant at #1, Haliburton at #12, and Maxey at #21).

JPRouve

Scout
Considering how weak that draft class was seen, there are 3 absolute stars that came out of it (Ant at #1, Haliburton at #12, and Maxey at #21).
It was never weak. It's a narrative that is created when on paper there isn't a clear #1 and there wasn't a clear #1 due to circumstances, Wiseman didn't play during his college season so no one actually new what he was, Ball was overseas and Edwards picked Georgia who weren't a good program so he didn't get as exposition as talent should command., The other thing is that it was in the middle of the Covid year.

Also if it wasn't for injuries and a worse team situation Lamelo Ball would be in that conversation, he is genuinely talented. And McDaniels was picked 28th.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Not Wiseman at 2. :(
:lol:

In my perfect world they would have taken Ball. Think of it as a sliding doors moment:

1. GS takes Ball
2. Game 3: Green punches him after he launches his 3rd logo 3 pointer of the half and is suspended for 10 games
4. Game 14: Green punches him after he launches his 5th logo 3 pointer of the half and is suspended for 20 games
6. Game 35: Green punches him after he launches his 9th logo 3 pointer of the half and is suspended for 30 games
7. Game 66: Green punches him after he launches his 22nd logo 3 pointer of the half and immediately retires
8. Game 67: Steph retires to pursue a career in golf

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
With offense as anemic as this, whoever wins is going to get wrecked by Boston. Orlando looking better though after 1 quarter.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
It was never weak. It's a narrative that is created when on paper there isn't a clear #1 and there wasn't a clear #1 due to circumstances, Wiseman didn't play during his college season so no one actually new what he was, Ball was overseas and Edwards picked Georgia who weren't a good program so he didn't get as exposition as talent should command., The other thing is that it was in the middle of the Covid year.

Also if it wasn't for injuries and a worse team situation Lamelo Ball would be in that conversation, he is genuinely talented. And McDaniels was picked 28th.
We are going to have to agree to disagree on Ball. He makes flashy plays and is a high volume shooter/scorer, but he will never be the best player on a title contending team.

JPRouve

Scout
We are going to have to agree to disagree on Ball. He makes flashy plays and is a high volume shooter/scorer, but he will never be the best player on a title contending team.
Maybe. I think that he has the skills and if he was traded he better situation things would have gone completely differently. The Hornets are very similar to the worst the Timberwolves had to offer and the Wolves ruined a lot of players.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Maybe. I think that he has the skills and if he was traded he better situation things would have gone completely differently. The Hornets are very similar to the worst the Timberwolves had to offer and the Wolves ruined a lot of players.
I will admit that like 40% of my perception is based on watching him in HS. I watched him shoot his team, that had 2 future NBA players, out of a state (and likely national) title against my alma mater that had like 3 guys that even got D1 scholarships (none to a big name school). I have followed him ever since due to my Lakers willfully joining the Ball circus with Lonzo and just curiosity if he could actually learn to play a team game. I just don't see a star, or even a very good, team player there. He's basically a discount, but taller, Trae.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Knicks with the comeback win and Brunson with another 40 burger. The knicks are the only chance for someone to upset the Celtics before the finals.

SmallCaine

Wow, Minnesota absolute destroying Nuggets only way they have hope in this series is if Murray and the supporting cast shows up and Jokic stops treating the ball like a hot potato, the only game they lost vs lakers was where he kept screwing up his passes.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
I only saw the highlights but there seemed to be multiple plays where Jokic was being fouled by 2-3 people at the same time, the refs just don't seem to be calling fouls regularly on him.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I guess I won’t be going to game 7 here in the end as Wolves will finish them off well before then.

Also, no real west US teams left if Denver get knocked out as Minneapolis is east while both Dallas and OKC are more central.

JPRouve

Scout
Do we think Butler takes Pat Riley's comments on the chin or he is on the way out?

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Wolves :eek:
They're basically killing the Jokic - Murray tandem. Can Denver come back from this?!
If the refs will allow the Wolves to assault them in every play without calling a foul then Denver don't have any way back.

Would love to see if the officials hold the same standards if TWolves do this against the Celtics.

Skåre Willoch

If the refs will allow the Wolves to assault them in every play without calling a foul then Denver don't have any way back.

Would love to see if the officials hold the same standards if TWolves do this against the Celtics.
Blaming the refs after that…
Defensive master class.

JPRouve

Scout
Blaming the refs after that…
Defensive master class.
Especially when both teams had the same whistle and the Nuggets had more FTs. Also on that one highlight that does the round Murray is the one initiating contact.

Hoof the ball

“I’m not saying who, Reg,” Jamal Crawford, NBA legend in his own right, said to broadcast partner and Hall of Famer Reggie Miller on TNT. “But it looks kiiiiiinda familiar. Late game, takeover in the mid-post, fade-away style.”

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
I'm waiting for a work call to start so I did some math:

Holmgren: 7'1", 207 (2.43 lb/in)
Bol Bol: 7'3", 220 (2.53 lb/in)
Manute Bol: 7'7", 200(!!!) (2.19 lb/in)
Bradley: 7'6", 235 (2.61 lb/in)

stepic

Joker with his 3rd mvp in 4 years

elite company too, only 1 of 9 players in history to win 3 or more

JPRouve

Scout
I just want to say that my vote would have gone to Wemby for DPOY. I have Gobert second and then NAW.