NBA 2019-2020

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
He's just 21 years old ffs.

47/17/13 on 58 FG%

And he hits the 3 point buzzer beater to win the game.

Feck me.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Can't help but feel LAC should be one game away from elimination.

Rooney1987

I've not watched every game since the restart but feels like the big 3 favourites going in to this Lakers, Clippers and Bucks haven't been all that great.

RooneyLegend

Can't help but feel LAC should be one game away from elimination.
They are so overrated it's amazing. Their offense basically consists of a bunch of iso plays and have no real rim protection on defence. Mind you they are rather inconsistent.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
That is one of the best NBA moments in a while . The kid is sensational. Paul George on the other hand just disappeared

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Against a team with the best wing defenders in the game no less. The boy is ridiculous.
Yeah, and someone else said, it's hard not to feel as though the Mavs shouldn't be 3-1 up the series.

Last edited:

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
When it’s all said and done Luka will be quite easily the greatest Dallas Maverick ever surpassing Dirk without much debate.

This is only his second year?? Feck me.

40 point triple double on a bad ankle AND a buzzer beater?

Best young player in the league right here for me.

Also in another world Dallas are up 3-1 on this series. If not for that BS ejection the clippers are on the verge of elimination.

SportingCP96

Supports
That is one of the best NBA moments in a while . The kid is sensational. Paul George on the other hand just disappeared
Just IMAGINE if this was in Dallas with fans in attendance.....

Probably one of the best buzzer beaters in a very very long time.

Even better then the one dame hit last year.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
What are the odds on PG coming out to face the media with his shoulder ice strapped?

ZDwyr

No idea what has happened to PG in the playoffs. Fairly certain he was solid/good for the Pacers? He was great in GM1 vs the Jazz a few seasons ago but just horrible ever since. Was probably lucky that Westbrook attracts so much criticism because he was a huge reason for OKC's failures the past few seasons.

Also, I feel so sorry for any fans of the Kings. Unbelievable (even at the time) decision to take Bagley ahead of Luka.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
So the Clippers should have been one ridicously called ejection away from elimination right now probably, yet there’s still people calling that team the favourites for the title.

You go Luka. That was amazing.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I've re-watched it about 30 times already.

SportingCP96

Supports
Jesus christ
When Luka career is over you don’t think he will be a better Dallas maverick then dirk?

Look at how good this kid is now. 15 more years of this and 1 ring AT LEAST does not make him better then dirk?

He’s going to break a majority of his records if he keeps this pace.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
When Luka career is over you don’t think he will be a better Dallas maverick then dirk?

Look at how good this kid is now. 15 more years of this and 1 ring AT LEAST does not make him better then dirk?

He’s going to break a majority of his records if he keeps this pace.
Dirk is one of the top 20 players of all time, and probably the best Euro of all time (maybe papa Sabonis, but we never got to see his prime years). So for Luka to be "quite easily" the best Maverick of all time he would need to be a top 10 all time player. Not saying he can't be, but second year Derrick Rose says hi.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Dirk is not one of the 20 best players of all time imo and I do think Doncic will surpass him. In terms of ability at similar ages its not even close.

ZDwyr

If Doncic stays healthy then I don't think the claim is that crazy. I'd bet on it being likely if that is the case.

SportingCP96

Supports
Dirk is one of the top 20 players of all time, and probably the best Euro of all time (maybe papa Sabonis, but we never got to see his prime years). So for Luka to be "quite easily" the best Maverick of all time he would need to be a top 10 all time player. Not saying he can't be, but second year Derrick Rose says hi.
Well yes I should have said:

*Unless he gets a major injury ala Rose then ya

The kid is just unreal and a generational talent.

He is only 21 years old and in his second year nearly averaging a triple double the assumption here is that he can only get better especially once he enters his prime and we all see how good he is now.

I think baring any major setbacks he has everything to be the greatest maverick of all time. Dirk as you said is arguably a top 20 guy but Luka has that potential and ability to usurp him.

Like I said 15 more years of this and 1 or 2 championships and it’s his IMO.

SportingCP96

Supports
If Doncic stays healthy then I don't think the claim is that crazy. I'd bet on it being likely if that is the case.
100%.

The only thing possibly stopping that from happening is a major injury.

The boy already has the most triple doubles in Mavericks history if I am not mistaken and is breaking record left right and center.

The scariest thing about him is he is not even near his prime.

Frightening ability he has.

The league could very well be his in a few years.

SportingCP96

Supports
Dirk is not one of the 20 best players of all time imo and I do think Doncic will surpass him. In terms of ability at similar ages its not even close.
Same age ya it’s a no contest really.

If I am starting a franchise right now and I can only pick 1 player its between him and Giannis for me.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
I beg to differ on Dirk. He is one of the top 5 power forwards, although that is only if you consider Duncan a PF. Even then I would take Dirk over Malone (hot ake), so it would be KG, Barkley, Dirk. He also revolutionized the PF position.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
The Toronto Raptors record their first sweep in their history with some broken records along the way.
  • Most points in a match (regulation + overtime) [Team record]
  • Most bench points in a match (regulation + overtime) [Team record] [NBA record?]

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
The numbers he put up would look insane without context but he did it all with a bad ankle, with no Porzingis who had 34 points in the last game and it was a must win game against the Clippers after the Mavs were down by 20+ points.

Will be a treat to watch him play for the next 10+ years.

Mavs being 2-2 after so many setbacks makes me think they might actually pull it off by the way. Clippers need PG to stop playing like trash

SportingCP96

Supports
The numbers he put up would look insane without context but he did it all with a bad ankle, with no Porzingis who had 34 points in the last game and it was a must win game against the Clippers after the Mavs were down by 20+ points.

Will be a treat to watch him play for the next 10+ years.

Mavs being 2-2 after so many setbacks makes me think they might actually pull it off by the way. Clippers need PG to stop playing like trash
Mavs Should be 3-1 up if not that ridiculous ejection.

Nonetheless they have an exciting team!

freeurmind

weak willed
Oh my goodness, went to bed last night with this in the 3rd Clippers with a big lead, thinking it was going to be a blowout. No Porzingis, no problem. Harell can suck on that. Great players don't make excuses, they make 3s to win the game. I'm not even a Mavs fan. Oh and "Playoff P"strikes again.

freeurmind

weak willed
No idea what has happened to PG in the playoffs. Fairly certain he was solid/good for the Pacers? He was great in GM1 vs the Jazz a few seasons ago but just horrible ever since. Was probably lucky that Westbrook attracts so much criticism because he was a huge reason for OKC's failures the past few seasons.

Also, I feel so sorry for any fans of the Kings. Unbelievable (even at the time) decision to take Bagley ahead of Luka.
Dude was called out on TNT and responded with 3-14. Ask any Pacers fans if they miss him and that will tell you all you need to know about him.

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
Luka OMFG. Watched the fourth quarter + OT this morning with my breakfast. I let out a shriek when he hit the final shot, absolutely amazing. :lol:

Last edited:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
So. How about Donovan Mitchell though :eek:

They mentioned on inside the NBA that because of the nature of this season, we're basically seeing the leap from all this young guys(luka, spida, tatum, booker...) because this is essentially next season. If that's the case, well, wow. Luka looks like the best player in a series involving Kawhi Leonard, Mitchell is averaging over 40 points per game, Booker lead the Suns to an 8-0 record in the bubble and Tatum looks like the evolution of Kobe. This is awesome

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
I'd say odds on Doncic becoming the greatest Mavs player in history are at less than 20% right now. How many players stay at one franchise for their entire career these days? Almost none.