Nations League 24/25 | October Internationals (Matchday 3-4)

Good to see grealish playing. He’d always play for me. Maybe if we get a new manager we might be able to get him off citeh? One of the only players Pep has made worse. Always goes inside now and he’s lost a lot of his urgency

Good to see grealish playing. He’d always play for me. Maybe if we get a new manager we might be able to get him off citeh? One of the only players Pep has made worse. Always goes inside now and he’s lost a lot of his urgency
I maintain he’d of been a good signing for United..

But not for £100m. Never worth that.

What's the benefit for a side like Norway to get into League A? (Genuine question, no agenda!).

Never qualifying for championships, it'd give us the chance to meet top opposition regularly which would be welcome after a couple of decades of drought in that department.
For the countries we'd meet it would give them the chance to see Haaland/Ødegaard in a national jersey and easy points towards the FIFA ranking?

Edit: I obviously assume no neutral person bar a few football-addicts that really would be better adviced to expand their fields of interest would ever bother to tune in to watch Norway play if they play a Whatever country.

What's the benefit for a side like Norway to get into League A? (Genuine question, no agenda!).
Winning the group means guaranteed play off for the WC regardless of what happens in the regular qualifiers. Also as long as you are in League A you're more or less guaranteed Euro/WC play offs even if you perform poorly in the NL, since most countries from that league qualify automatically. So you can flop in both the NL and in the regular qualifiers but somehow still be two play off games from a tournament (like Poland and Wales were for the recent Euros).

Then there is the added benefit of easier qualifying groups. I think NL rankings will be used for pot seedings.

Also if you are in League A and finish top 2 in your group you go to the final 8 NL tournament. I know the bigger nations don't care much about that but for smaller countries it's a big incentive to play knockout games and fight for a trophy.

Winning the group means guaranteed play off for the WC regardless of what happens in the regular qualifiers. Also as long as you are in League A you're more or less guaranteed Euro/WC play offs even if you perform poorly in the NL, since most countries from that league qualify automatically. So you can flop in both the NL and in the regular qualifiers but somehow still be two play off games from a tournament (like Poland and Wales were for the recent Euros).

Then there is the added benefit of easier qualifying groups. I think NL rankings will be used for pot seedings.

Also if you are in League A and finish top 2 in your group you go to the final 8 NL tournament. I know the bigger nations don't care much about that but for smaller countries it's a big incentive to play knockout games and fight for a trophy.

Good answer - thanks! Sounds worth it to me.

England getting dumped into Pot B barely even registered with me.

You don't find many more out of his depth players in top level international football today than Andreas Hanche-Olsen.

We are a mess: can't defend, can't keep the ball, can't counter and don't create chances

Please leave Ståle in Austria