Nasri To City - Done Deal!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sir Bobby was specifically asked what he thought about Nasri by the media after he unveiled a plaque for Duncan Edwards. He said he was a good player, but what else was he going to say? That's he's shit?

Don't see how it says anything about whether United will get him, or even whether they are really bidding for him.

Barring the Charlton interview and I do think it was significant he said to SkySports that he'd leave the negotiations to to others (begs the question what negotiations doesn't it?) I think its quite clear that this steady stream of United figures talking Nasri up is a sign from the club to the player that we want him.

Paddy went from saying he couldn't see anyone out there that'd improve us to talking Nasri up in the space of 7 days. Scholesy, who generally says nothing to nobody, made a point of mentioning that he'd like Nasri to join us when he wasn't asked about that possibility in the interview that's been much touted and now Robbo's giving the party line too. They've gotta know that some moves have been made. Whether those moves will be successful who knows but I'm pretty sure our interest in Nasri is real.

Alternatively, people connected to United talking-up Nasri and Sneijder means that we're going for Modric. :D

So that's Scholes, Charlton, Paddy, Robson.....but what do they know? :p It's just a pity it will drag on and at the end of it we might sign sneijder :angel:
Don't forget Nasri himself who tweeted a while ago - think it was the end of May - that he was sad to see Schols retire, great player and calling him the english Zidane. ;)

At first I would have said I'd prefer Modric but I think it'd be so sweet prising Nasri away from the Gooners.

It's all relative. 2 years is nothing. 4 years and it becomes worrying - but when you cross the 5-years-threshold you close in on the goal that is 10 years. That's the plan all along and something worthwhile looking forward to.

It's all relative, I tell you!

The unspeakable in pursuit of the unsignable.

Oscar_Wilde_on_Shrooms.JPG

Don't forget Evra and his 'petit prince' comments.

true.... I did forget btw lol. It just goes to show how long it's been rumbling on for. It feels like an age.

Don't forget Nasri himself who tweeted a while ago - think it was the end of May - that he was sad to see Schols retire, great player and calling him the english Zidane. ;)

We should invite him to scholes testimonial ...:angel:. I had forgotten that btw also

Wenger won't sell Nasri to an English club and certainly not United. Nasri isn't even the type of player you need... Nasri will probably end up signing a new contract, but I'd rather Wenger sell him abroad than keep him.

Wenger won't sell Nasri to an English club and certainly not United. Nasri isn't even the type of player you need... Nasri will probably end up signing a new contract, but I'd rather Wenger sell him abroad than keep him.

You never know. We sold you Silvestre. You cnuts should be more giving.

Sorry to say, but you've feck all power in this case.

This feels like the Rio Ferdy transfer all over again. "Will he get on the foooooking plane????"

Yeah Wenger's only the guy who took Nasri from French football and has worked with him for 3 years, who has the ultimate say on transfers and can hold him to contract for another year. His opinion counts for nothing compared to the ITK superstars of the caf.

Yeah Wenger's only the guy who took Nasri from French football and has worked with him for 3 years, who has the ultimate say on transfers and can hold him to contract for another year. His opinion counts for nothing compared to the ITK superstars of the caf.

Getting defensive aren't we?

He can of course prefer to let Nasri see out his contract, but do you think the directors would like the idea of losing out on 20 million ?

Status
Not open for further replies.