Music Most Underrated Bands/Artists

Television are quality, never hear people raving about them.

Also Josh Ritter is good without ever having really made it.

And Guided By Voices.

And Rooney(American band not angry Shrek look-alikes)

Soundgarden
Stone Temple Pilots
Alice in Chains
Lynyrd Skynryd
George Michael - the world is full of homophobes who cant appreciate his music
Pantera
Black Sabbath - they just dont get enough recognition for the huge part they've played in the development of metal as a genre.

I'm going to say that Black Sabbath with Dio is a very underrated band.

Leonard Cohen - Song From A Room is probably one of the most poignant and beautiful albums ever recorded/written, and chances are you've never heard it.

Ween - Proof that you can DIY any genre of music well and be completely wasted while doing it. Carne Asada? Is the beef.

Scorpions - To be more precise their first album, Lonesome Crow. They haven't invented a word yet that describes how cool this record is.

Dru Down - Explicit Game earns the distinction of being the only rap album I own that isn't Public Enemy or The Woo Tang Clan. It's the shit.

The Hellacopters (RIP)- Brought back real rock music for a brief period. Best American band of the last 15 years...even if technically they're from Sweden.

Built to Spill - Brilliant lyrics, awesome music.

Mclusky (RIP)- Their band was bigger than your band.

Hot Snakes (RIP) - Unbelievably good group that epitomized the old saying by burning out rather than fading away. Suicide Invoice is an all time top ten stranded on a desert island album for me.

Interpol.

I also would've said Elbow but they've started to get some recognitions of late.

Go on then, like the other thread, in reverse

Pixies
Gomez
The Shins
Colin Hay
I Am Kloot
Half Man Half Biscuit
Cold War Kids

Wouldn't say any of them are underrated, Half Man Half Biscuit might be overlooked but they've always been lauded and appreciated by people with a good taste in music. Pixies, Gomez and the shins are all pretty big bands. Sorry if this has already been discussed wouldn't be arsed looking through the entire thread.

Interpol.

I also would've said Elbow but they've started to get some recognitions of late.

This is just lies, Interpol's most recent tour iirc was a headlining tour round North America pulling in huge crowds. They also regularly headline festivals. Awesome band, not one bit underrated.

IMO

The Hives

Mclusky were massively underappreciatiated, FOTL seem to be getting a lot more recognition on the back of them, which is a bit disappointing, although they are good

I recently saw FOTL playing in my home town. There was only about 50people there, fecking shocking. Fantastic gig though, loudest three piece in the world

thread FULL of ridiculous nonsense. all these bands being listed are huge...and shit!

The Cramps
Oblivians
Billy Childish
Poni Hoax
The Rapture (compared to every band who ripped them off and reaped in the millions)
80's Matchbox B-Line Disaster
Gray Matter
The Gories
Sebadoh
Lindstrom
Sleater Kinney

Alice cooper

Oh hells yeah. My favourite artist, great when they were a band for the first 5odd years aswell. Created some real masterpieces, it's a shame as alot of people are only aware of Schools Out / Poison / Feed My Frankenstein.

Anyway i search for a thread like this to suggest Slade as an underrated band, again alot of people are only aware of them for their novelty xmas song when they also wrote some fantastic tunes. And also were a great live band.

Anyway i search for a thread like this to suggest Slade as an underrated band, again alot of people are only aware of them for their novelty xmas song when they also wrote some fantastic tunes. And also were a great live band.
I was a huge Slade fan at age 10-14 or something. I have about 30 records by them. I don't rate them very highly today, but they have a handful of great songs, and sound like a very entertaining live band on the recordings I've heard.

Slade were supposedly as loud as they came at one point.

Anyway, Blue Oyster Cult
Ocean Colour Scene
America
A7X

My Bloody Valentine - Loveless. What an album. People who don't know MBV will immediately assume emo, but they're a shoegazing band from the later 80s early 90s, a genre I feel that is largely overlooked and marginalised. One of the best opening tracks on an album ever for me:

Also check out "Ride", another underrated band of the shoegazing ilk.

Correct. Don't know if I'd call MBV underrated, though. They're not as huge as they deserve to be, of course, but you'll find Loveless in pretty much any Top Something list it qualifies for.

I sort of recognised that when i posted it actually, I suppose I just wanted to air my own like of them in any way I could! (That is phrased awfully)

How about Isn't Anything? It's easy to forget in all the (justified) Loveless worship, but it has a few equally astonishing and groundbreaking tracks. I don't think anyone has ever made better use of dissonance in a pop/rock setting.

No More Sorry is the best of the lot, but I couldn't find it on YouTube.

Motorhead
Rush
Exodus
Overkill
Annihlator
Savatage
Judas Priest
Killing Joke
Children of Bodom

Derek Trucks probably the most talented young blues guitarist out there.