Captain Beefheart
Primal Scream
FSOL

All excellent.

Halucinogen
Juno reactor
Spiral Tribe

Tupac's fecking overrated

He's easily the best rapper and probably one of the only people i'd consider to be in a league (albeit MK Don's vs Manchester United type league) with Dylan, both have many similarities except Dylan's escaped numerous assassination threats.

He's easily the best rapper and probably one of the only people i'd consider to be in a league (albeit MK Don's vs Manchester United type league) with Dylan, both have many similarities except Dylan's escaped numerous assassination threats.

Nas is a better rapper in my opinion, not that I'm particularly in to rap.

I don't rate him, I've not heard all his records but I don't believe him, he's got some decent rhymes but he's basically an actor who they taught to rap

For voice and flow I wouldn't have him near Ice Cube, Method Man, Redman, Snoop, Busta, for lyrics I wouldn't have him near Nas, Wu-Tang or Eminem

I don't rate him, I've not heard all his records but I don't believe him, he's got some decent rhymes but he's basically an actor who they taught to rap

For voice and flow I wouldn't have him near Ice Cube, Method Man, Redman, Snoop, Busta, for lyrics I wouldn't have him near Nas, Wu-Tang or Eminem

While Tupac was an actor he was also a lyricist at the same time, voice wise I'd say 2Pac had easily the most emotional, and while he can't be credited as a technically astounding rapper, his content, energy and presence amount to him being an urban philosopher, I mean I can't think of any other rapper who had his range or scope, from Letter 2 My Unborn Child too Ballad of a Dead Soulja, check out his greatest hit/All eyez on me/Me against the world and some of his posthumous stuff.

edit if you want some his stuff I'd happily send a couple.

I prefered him as an actor if Gridlocked is anything to go by.

As for your last bit can't argue with any of those shouts.

While Tupac was an actor he was also a lyricist at the same time, voice wise I'd say 2Pac had easily the most emotional, and while he can't be credited as a technically astounding rapper, his content, energy and presence amount to him being an urban philosopher, I mean I can't think of any other rapper who had his range or scope, from Letter 2 My Unborn Child too Ballad of a Dead Soulja, check out his greatest hit/All eyez on me/Me against the world and some of his posthumous stuff.

edit if you want some his stuff I'd happily send a couple.

Fair enough, I'm no expert on his music, it's just always left me a bit cold but I will give it a try

I prefered him as an actor if Gridlocked is anything to go by.

As for your last bit can't argue with any of those shouts.

Finally, we agree on something...

The Orsics are Eat Satic more or less.

Indeed they are and my mate mentioned Mean Machine to me the other day as well, saying that was them too, not heard them myself yet, you?

Does anyone have any recommendations of some bands that I probably will have never heard before? I want to broaden my musical horizons and I thought here would be the best place to ask.

Does anyone have any recommendations of some bands that I probably will have never heard before? I want to broaden my musical horizons and I thought here would be the best place to ask.

What genre you want?

Well okay then. Um...

Blues: The Black Keys - 'Modern Times' (New album called 'Attack and Release out soon)

Electronica: Aphex Twin (if you haven't already got his stuff), Boards of Canada

Indie(ish): The National - Boxer, Beck - Sea Change

Acoustic: Steven Fretwell - Magpie, Sufjan Stevens - Illinois

There's an amazing artist called Wigfield, you should go and buy all her records now

I'll check her out. Thanks

MikeUpNorth said:
Well okay then. Um...

Blues: The Black Keys - 'Modern Times' (New album called 'Attack and Release out soon)

Electronica: Aphex Twin (if you haven't already got his stuff), Boards of Canada

Indie(ish): The National - Boxer, Beck - Sea Change

Acoustic: Steven Fretwell - Magpie, Sufjan Stevens - Illinois

Thanks for the recommendations, I'll see how it goes.

Are Daft Punk regarded as shite?

COs I reckon there are some cracking tunes on their second album. "Veridis Quo" is a piece of real beauty.

I was always under the impression they were after hearing all the shite they released, but after recently hearing some non single stuff I may change my mind after giving them more of a listen. I have a 3cd set to get through.